Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Texans 12/03/23

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I didn’t get to watch much of the game but it looks like the Texans did to the Broncos what the Broncos have been doing to other teams, cause turnovers and outlast them in a close game. It happens sometimes. I think we all knew we weren’t gonna win out. The loss sucks, especially because we had a shot at the end but at least the Broncos are keeping it interesting and not getting blown out.
    Broncos came out flat and never recovered. Demeco had his team motivated and Payton did not. I do like Singleton’s intensity & motor.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Broncos came out flat and never recovered. Demeco had his team motivated and Payton did not. I do like Singleton’s intensity & motor.
    Except that Singleton gifted them that first TD by being an idiot and pushing Stroud after the play which gifted the Texans first and goal instead of 3rd and long.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Except that Singleton gifted them that first TD by being an idiot and pushing Stroud after the play which gifted the Texans first and goal instead of 3rd and long.
    Yeah. The head butt by Stroud. That was such a bs call. Ref should have let them jaw and go back to their sides.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

At least Pitt and the browns lost. Would have been nice if indy did too,,, but if we won we wouldn’t have to look at this stuff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    How the **** do I know?
    You’re supposed to say the Broncos don’t need an elite QB draft pick, that’s the cliche when your team is in no-man’s land.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    You’re supposed to say the Broncos don’t need an elite QB draft pick, that’s the cliche when your team is in no-man’s land.
    “Garbage Minshew could be Sean Payton’s version of Brock Purdy”— Buddy of mine when discussing the QB situation.

You gotta admire the resiliency of Broncos fans belief in fairytales.

Makes me actually grateful for RW’s unmovable contract.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

You're torn/aggravated with the Wednesday thing.
    you watch. that scrimmage film is gonna light a fire under russ during this week's wednesday practice. jeudy gonna go off this wednesday for sure and offense gonna get going. loss was a good loss

What'd you think about the PF, spiker?
    Sorry, I was at the game and couldn’t watch the forum much so I just saw this. You mean the Singleton foul? If so, I didn’t think it was flag worthy, but if you’re gonna throw one, you have to throw it on both of them and offset them. Stroud initiating the head butt can’t be ignored.
    Last edited by spikerman; 12-04-2023 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Removed extra period
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Russ is taking a lot of heat, but how about the defense - gave up 292 receiving yards, and 89 rushing yards. Obviously Russ did not have a perfect game, but the defense did not play the way they can. And the OL could have done a better job of protecting Russ.
    This is true. There is a lot of blame to go around, but Wilson played pretty terribly imo. I don’t know how often it showed up on TV, but he still doesn’t see the field well. He missed a few open guys throughout the game. I think he’s predetermining his target before the snap and then instead of going through his progressions, he’s panicking. I’ll admit that a lot of times it’s because the Broncos “voyeur” blocking scheme isn’t giving him much time, but even when they do protect him a little you see that same lack of awareness.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Pretty simple, you can't make mistakes like that on the road and win. Defense gave 191 yds up to Nico Collins. We turned the ball over 3 times on O, and Our OL couldn't pass protect to save their life, so Russ had no time and was seeing ghosts. Play calling left a lot to be desired and our run game was mediocre. 2 int's were not really on Russ IMO, last one was egregious and shouldn't have been thrown, dumb by him. First was a tipped ball, second Sutton had 5 steps on his defender, and it was a pretty good throw, that was a grade A defensive football play more than a bad throw or int on the QB IMO....

Overall, we didn't play well enough yet still had a legit chance from goal to go to win.... I didn't expect us to win but was happy to see us keep fighting. I expect to split with the chargers and beat the patriots and Raiders, while losing to lions to go 9-8. However, I don't think 9-8 or even 10-6 gets us there with tiebreakers so I think we have to win out to get a playoff spot IMO. Chance if we go 4 of 5 and only lose to lions, we make it in at 10-6 with decent conference and common opponent tiebreakers but we will see. Have to beat chargers to even keep that talk going. We lose next week to division and conference opponent it's going to be that much harder.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Yeah. The head butt by Stroud. That was such a bs call. Ref should have let them jaw and go back to their sides.
    What I noticed was how many Texans had Stroud's back and I can remember all those years when NOBODY on the Texans' o-line ever stood up for Matt Schaub, even when Schaub was cheap-shotted. Used to make me so angry. Glad to see the Texans understand who their meal ticket is.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

It could be worse I guess. We could have Herbert and score 6 points on a 2 win club or have Mahomes and get beaten by Green Bay…

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    Who’s their QB in this 2 year scenario?
    You don't wanna know. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I don’t know how often it showed up on TV, but he still doesn’t see the field well.
    It certainly shows up on my TV. I'm sure it's even more apparent in-person than trying to glean receiver patterns from limited TV replays. But, yes, it does seem like if there's players near him it blocks his view of the field. I think he's improved this year, but he'll never have a commanding view of the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    It certainly shows up on my TV. I'm sure it's even more apparent in-person than trying to glean receiver patterns from limited TV replays. But, yes, it does seem like if there's players near him it blocks his view of the field. I think he's improved this year, but he'll never have a commanding view of the field.
    Which is why we need to move on after this year.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information