Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos remaining games

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This is the only reason to tank:

And who knows if it leads to a title...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If this is some kind of guilt trip about us being happy we’re playing winning football and not tanking for a pie in the sky QB prospect who has more a chance of busting than of being the guy we hope he will be, then you can save it. There are so many potential starting QBs in the next draft class that just because we aren’t drafting top 5 doesn’t mean we won’t have a shot at one. Draft projectors are wrong more often than they’re right.

The future of the Broncos is not solely based on whether we get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Williams in particular is showing all kinds of warts. People were talking about him being a generational talent. He’s not. He’s another short QB who has to scramble around to make plays which looks cool in college when he’s the most gifted guy on the field. Dude is gonna struggle in the NFL. He’s not the next Mahomes. He’s the next Kyler Murray at best.

Having a top QB prospect means shit until they actually perform. Justin Herbert is the perfect example. Folks lap up that dude’s ball sweat because he puts up numbers, but he’s 4-6 with a healthy offense because he just doesn’t make enough plays to win games. He’s not clutch at all.

So, what does it take to build a Super Bowl contender? Do you have to tank and tear everything down and start from scratch? Did KC? Did Philly? Nah, KC finally got a good coach (just like the Broncos just did) and Mahomes worked out for them. Mahomes isn’t winning games for them this season, though, it’s their defense. How about Philly? They got lucky with Hurts and they’re well coached. They didn’t completely tear down their roster and formula after their Super Bowl win and the Wentz debacle. They did a little reloading and got back to work.

Which teams needed to tank and have a complete rebuild to become Super Bowl contenders? List them. I’ll wait.
    Guilt trip? You think I give a **** what you think (clearly rhetorical)?

I’m trolling the very BS fairytale notion you just laid out in this post.

Btw, I asked about the over/under on when you Nuanced Jack’s would turn on Herbert, you got this bullshit post in before anyone could answer . . . well done.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 11-24-2023 at 08:50 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— James Pearce OLB
    2nd round— Walter Nolan DE
    3rd round— Donavon Jackson LT
    4th round— Shemar Stewart DE
    5th round— Shemar Turner DE
    6th round— DJ Uieglelei QB
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Broncos fans can talk themselves into anything but actual legitimate talent.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Dude, enough. Building a SB contender is getting PFM in the building. Then hope you get lucky with coaching and college talent and nab some FA ballers like Talib who help create a special culture.

We got SFP in the building. And Russ. Although Russ ain't PFM. Still, he's Russ.

The "building SB contenders" sounds super vague to me.

I think we all want a legit QB, but 2015 proved it's not essential.
    Enough? See above post.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

And for the millionth time, Broncos Forums; nobody said a ******* thing about “tanking”. Proving, yet again, that y’all need a dictionary a lot more than you need another 8-win season.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If this is some kind of guilt trip about us being happy we’re playing winning football and not tanking for a pie in the sky QB prospect who has more a chance of busting than of being the guy we hope he will be, then you can save it. There are so many potential starting QBs in the next draft class that just because we aren’t drafting top 5 doesn’t mean we won’t have a shot at one. Draft projectors are wrong more often than they’re right.

The future of the Broncos is not solely based on whether we get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Williams in particular is showing all kinds of warts. People were talking about him being a generational talent. He’s not. He’s another short QB who has to scramble around to make plays which looks cool in college when he’s the most gifted guy on the field. Dude is gonna struggle in the NFL. He’s not the next Mahomes. He’s the next Kyler Murray at best.

Having a top QB prospect means shit until they actually perform. Justin Herbert is the perfect example. Folks lap up that dude’s ball sweat because he puts up numbers, but he’s 4-6 with a healthy offense because he just doesn’t make enough plays to win games. He’s not clutch at all.

So, what does it take to build a Super Bowl contender? Do you have to tank and tear everything down and start from scratch? Did KC? Did Philly? Nah, KC finally got a good coach (just like the Broncos just did) and Mahomes worked out for them. Mahomes isn’t winning games for them this season, though, it’s their defense. How about Philly? They got lucky with Hurts and they’re well coached. They didn’t completely tear down their roster and formula after their Super Bowl win and the Wentz debacle. They did a little reloading and got back to work.

Which teams needed to tank and have a complete rebuild to become Super Bowl contenders? List them. I’ll wait.
    Best post in this thread, imo. Philly is a good template for this team. They have a flawed/limited QB, imo, and built the offense around his strengths, and then surrounded him with maybe the most talented roster in football. Presto, they are contenders.

It will take a couple or more off-seasons to build that kind of roster, but we’re going in the right direction. If Payton thinks Russ is too limited for what he wants to do, then he can try to find his guy in the late 1st/early 2nd of the ‘24 or ‘25 draft. And that’s just what I think he’ll do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...g_quarterbacks

Since the year 2000 there’s been 23 starting QB’s in the Super Bowl that were drafted 1st round, there’s been FOUR taken in the 2nd round and only one of them won the SB.

So yeah, fairytale bullshit, bold strategy Cotton.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...g_quarterbacks

Since the year 2000 there’s been 23 starting QB’s in the Super Bowl that were drafted 1st round, there’s been FOUR taken in the 2nd round and only one of them won the SB.

So yeah, fairytale bullshit, bold strategy Cotton.
    a qb who was taken in the 6th round won 7 super bowls and started in 10, so clearly the broncos should trade for extra 6th round picks and target qb in that round.

checkmate

9. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    a qb who was taken in the 6th round won 7 super bowls and started in 10, so clearly the broncos should trade for extra 6th round picks and target qb in that round.

checkmate
    That is bulletproof Except for the fact that 1st round picks have dominated this category.

This is just an utterly stupid “debate”.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Guilt trip? You think I give a **** what you think (clearly rhetorical)?
    That you even responded to the post and optimistic fans clearly rub you the wrong way leads me to believe that, yes, you do care a little about what others think.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

That is bulletproof Except for the fact that 1st round picks have dominated this category.

This is just an utterly stupid “debate”.
    agreed.

imo worrying about games and playoffs is silly. the franchise needs to focus on having great wednesday practices instead, which i gotta credit leadership with the investment in a new facility. wednesday practices will be lit when it opens

these first round qbs may have gone to super bowls, but really the measure of a qb should be whether or not they had a great week of practice

14. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    agreed.

imo worrying about games and playoffs is silly. the franchise needs to focus on having great wednesday practices instead, which i gotta credit leadership with the investment in a new facility. wednesday practices will be lit when it opens

these first round qbs may have gone to super bowls, but really the measure of a qb should be whether or not they had a great week of practice
    And play super hard, most importantly.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    That you even responded to the post and optimistic fans clearly rub you the wrong way leads me to believe that, yes, you do care a little about what others think.
    Optimistic fans? Y’all aren’t optimistic, like, at all. Starving and impressionable, yes, optimistic . . . no.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If I cared about what people think I wouldn’t the least likeable person on this MB.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If I cared about what people think I wouldn’t the least likeable person on this MB.
    So you do care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information