Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Packers 10/22/23

Sadly back to reality when the chiefs hang 35+ on us next week…. It I’ll savour this week while I can

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    VJ's defense played a hell of a game today. Both TDs were flukes. PS2's interception should have stood, and the other one was just a lucky bounce. PJ Locke came up big with the game-sealing INT. Gotta hand it to VJ, and I'm hoping he is having the time of his life next week against the Chiefs.
    Broncos need to start Locke and cut bait with K-Jack, who at this point is just intentionally playing dirty.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    Sadly back to reality when the chiefs hang 35+ on us next week…. It I’ll savour this week while I can
    For this team, next week is the Super Bowl. Must-win game that decides whether or not the band gets shipped out. If they can somehow break the streak, it may just change the entire direction of the franchise.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I don’t care wins are fun!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

For this team, next week is the Super Bowl. Must-win game that decides whether or not the band gets shipped out. If they can somehow break the streak, it may just change the entire direction of the franchise.
    The Broncos were never headed in the “wrong” direction, we overreacted to early season growing pains.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The Broncos were never headed in the “wrong” direction, we overreacted to early season growing pains.
    I think this is fair to say. It may be that Payton stays the course regardless of the outcome of next week's game. I think only the media has the Broncos doing a fire sale at the deadline, when the more likely scenario is riding it out barring some offers that blow them out of the water. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say it will take 3 first round picks for a team in contention to get PS2.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think this is fair to say. It may be that Payton stays the course regardless of the outcome of next week's game. I think only the media has the Broncos doing a fire sale at the deadline, when the more likely scenario is riding it out barring some offers that blow them out of the water. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say it will take 3 first round picks for a team in contention to get PS2.
    None of this changes the fact that the Broncos need the No1 pick worse than any other team in the NFL, that’s why I put the word wrong in quotation marks.

In reality, they are literally now headed in the wrong direction. Don’t pay attention to Abe’s ridiculous scouting reports on Caleb Williams, he’s clearly drunk.

Btw, PS2 is untouchable regardless of right or wrong direction, period/point bank.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

VJ's defense played a hell of a game today. Both TDs were flukes. PS2's interception should have stood, and the other one was just a lucky bounce. PJ Locke came up big with the game-sealing INT. Gotta hand it to VJ, and I'm hoping he is having the time of his life next week against the Chiefs.
    In spite of his boneheaded 2 timeouts today, the defense has done a solid job the last few weeks since the worst defensive game in the history of the NFL. Credit where it is due.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I hate this team as currently constructed, glad this bunch of egos can feel good about themselves for a week. Didn’t do anything for me.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I hate this team as currently constructed, glad this bunch of egos can feel good about themselves for a week. Didn’t do anything for me.
    The belted earl has spoken!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

18. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Yep, went to bed thinking we choked again after GB got to 17, saw we won this morning, and it was the blaahest feeling I have had in a long time. I care about PS2 on this team and that's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-23-2023 at 06:07 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 'He's a great leader [and] a great competitor': WR Courtland Sutton sparks Broncos' offense in Denver's win over Packers

DENVER — Three plays into the Broncos' game against the Green Bay Packers, wide receiver Courtland Sutton made the invigorating brand of play that has seemingly become habitual for him this season.

Sutton lined up along the right sideline for Denver's third-and-7 attempt, created a slight window of separation from the Green Bay defender in coverage and extended for a diving catch. The highlight-reel reception kept the Broncos' offense on the field for an opening drive that culminated in a field goal and kick-started the Denver passing game.

After the game, Sutton said the play was emblematic of his role for the offense and within the locker room.

"It was huge to be able to get a touch early in the game [and] get some juice, not only for myself but for the team," Sutton said. "I know the guys look for me to be a guy to go make plays, and it's nice to be able to get the juice going on the offensive side of the ball. We all are looking for that spark, and to be able to make a play [and] stay on the field especially on third down, it was huge."
    rest plus video - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/h...rks-broncos-of

22. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    None of this changes the fact that the Broncos need the No1 pick worse than any other team in the NFL, that’s why I put the word wrong in quotation marks.

In reality, they are literally now headed in the wrong direction. Don’t pay attention to Abe’s ridiculous scouting reports on Caleb Williams, he’s clearly drunk.

Btw, PS2 is untouchable regardless of right or wrong direction, period/point bank.
    Here's the worst part of it for me. I'm not dissing anybody for enjoying a win when they can, but I get zero excitement out of beating another really shitty team by two points with a fourth quarter comeback. Mostly because I damn well know they'll use it as justification to put off any significant rebuilding yet again. I mean, we just got a win, we're clearly headed in the right direction! It's all going to turn around for us now. We can't POSSIBLY trade off any of these players NOW! Then once the trade deadline passes, we probably won't win another three games the rest of the year. Just enough to miss out on the QBs, and the true elite tackle and edge prospects. Rinse and repeat.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Yep, went to bed thinking we choked again after GB got to 17, saw we won this morning, and it was the blaahest feeling I have had in a long time. I care about PS2 on this team and that's pretty much it.
    I’ve been playing retro computer games while watching the games more this season than ever before. Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri: Alien Crossfire and Civilization VI, as well as Fate: The Traitor’s Soul and The Bard’s Tale: Original Trilogy, are 4 of my 5 favorite games at this time. The 5th 1, Risk: Global Domination, isn’t retro.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Here's the worst part of it for me. I'm not dissing anybody for enjoying a win when they can, but I get zero excitement out of beating another really shitty team by two points with a fourth quarter comeback. Mostly because I damn well know they'll use it as justification to put off any significant rebuilding yet again. I mean, we just got a win, we're clearly headed in the right direction! It's all going to turn around for us now. We can't POSSIBLY trade off any of these players NOW! Then once the trade deadline passes, we probably won't win another three games the rest of the year. Just enough to miss out on the QBs, and the true elite tackle and edge prospects. Rinse and repeat.
    ^This

I used to try and enjoy wins when they came the last few years but in the end all it ended up doing was allowing us to finish in the middle of the draft and miss out on top tier talent. My worry is we will win 4-5 more games and yet again be stuck with reaching for players rather than having a legitimate shot at a guy like Caleb. Last time Denver had a top 5 pick we took Von and it paid off, we need another moment like that to turn this franchise around only this time it needs to be the best QB in the next draft. The Russ experiement is done and he isnt getting any younger and with the money invested it just hasnt paid off like it was supposed to.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information