Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Fire George Paton

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    If the Broncos are serious about tanking, kicker is the most important position to screw up this year!
    The Broncos have no intention of tanking.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Broncos were supposed to have HC Kyle Shanahan and GM John Lynch. Oh, well.
    ... and Christian McCaffrey!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If Kyle Shanahan means scrub QB’s like Brock Purdy then the Broncos dodged a bullet.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    If Kyle Shanahan means scrub QB’s like Brock Purdy then the Broncos dodged a bullet.
    Your take on Purdy is laughably dumb. Sorry. What would a better QB have accomplished in SF? 6000 yds 60TDs? He lead the league in how many statistical categories? He was one drive away from beating the GOAT in the SB. 2 QBs have beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs Burrow and Brady. 2 have taken him to the brink Purdy and Allen. And I would argue Burrow doesn't beat him if the Chiefs had not just come off of the most insanely intense playoff victory I have ever seen. That's not to take anything away from Burrow but they did catch the Chiefs at just the right time oddly.

The Purdy hate is astronomically stupid. And I laugh my ass off at any Bronco fan who would turn their nose up at Brock Purdy considering the dogshit filled dumpster fire we have witnessed at the position for damn near a decade.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Your take on Purdy is laughably dumb. Sorry. What would a better QB have accomplished in SF? 6000 yds 60TDs? He lead the league in how many statistical categories? He was one drive away from beating the GOAT in the SB. 2 QBs have beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs Burrow and Brady. 2 have taken him to the brink Purdy and Allen. And I would argue Burrow doesn't beat him if the Chiefs had not just come off of the most insanely intense playoff victory I have ever seen. That's not to take anything away from Burrow but they did catch the Chiefs at just the right time oddly.

The Purdy hate is astronomically stupid. And I laugh my ass off at any Bronco fan who would turn their nose up at Brock Purdy considering the dogshit filled dumpster fire we have witnessed at the position for damn near a decade.
    No offense taken.

He’s a scrub, 100% undrafted scrub, 6-foot-nothing, scrawny with a pop-gun arm . . . completely void of any talent remotely NFL baseline. He is literally “the dogshit filled dumpster fire we have witnessed at the position for damn near a decade”. Trevor Siemian had better talent.

I literally can’t wait til that arrogant HC/OC has to pay him Patrick Mahomes money.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No offense taken.

He’s a scrub, 100% undrafted scrub, 6-foot-nothing, scrawny with a pop-gun arm . . . completely void of any talent remotely NFL baseline. He is literally “the dogshit filled dumpster fire we have witnessed at the position for damn near a decade”. Trevor Siemian had better talent.

I literally can’t wait til that arrogant HC/OC has to pay him Patrick Mahomes money.
    You could say the same thing about Brady in the early 2000's. No athleticism. Average arm. Not great at any one thing. Even those early NE SB victories were more about the defense and of course the cheating, so much ******* cheating.

To me NFL QB stardom has so much to do with fit. I will absolutely agree that Purdy probably sucks with the Broncos but that does not take away what he has earned as an NFL QB. Purdy found the exact right system and surroundings to unlock his potential, just like Brady did. My guess is he will continue to roll in that system and keep getting even better in it as it becomes more and more familiar to him.

There are very few NFL prospect QBs who can succeed regardless of surroundings and situation. The Mahomes', Lucks and Mannings are few and far between. Even a guy like Trevor Lawrence is sort of shit up on by many because he was looked at as a generational talent and he hasn't yet lived up to that, I disagree with that but it is a very common narrative surrounding him. And he's taken one of the absolute worst franchises in the league to the playoffs. This NFL QB shit is difficult. Really ******* difficult. So difficult that only about 16 of them in the world are not thought of as replaceable. By replaceable I simply mean that if their teams lucked into a #1 pick when a generational talent came into the draft the team would pass it up. That is astronomical when you really think about it. Of those 16 what was the narrative surrounding them when they came into the league? Some were top flight "dude" prospects but most were "well, let's give it a shot" types that their teams got lucky with ala Josh Allen.

Picking NFL QBs is the most crap of all crapshoots and the damn Denver Broncos are constipated.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

No offense taken.

He was drafted. Height often means very little. He is smaller, but he also showecased athleticism and mobility. That's on tape; he's done it well. I don't think he comps to Keenum or TS at all. TS was a really, really stupid QB who couldn't process anything happening on the field. He was too stupid to know when he should slide up into the pocket, or run out. Off the field he's Northwestern smart, but on the field he's an idiotic QB. Keenum wasn't as stupid, but fell in love with cosplaying Favre.

Purdy has good athleticism. His arm isn't great, but he has hit some tight window throws. And he can run an offense and play the mental game. He's pretty good. Purdy good, if you will. If he wants to take a huge step forward he has to level his mental game up a ton. Because he's not always going to have the best talent on offense by far and away.

Also, give him props for playing well with a bad line. After Trent--who is declining--that line sucks ballszorz.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He was drafted. Height often means very little. He is smaller, but he also showecased athleticism and mobility. That's on tape; he's done it well. I don't think he comps to Keenum or TS at all. TS was a really, really stupid QB who couldn't process anything happening on the field. He was too stupid to know when he should slide up into the pocket, or run out. Off the field he's Northwestern smart, but on the field he's an idiotic QB. Keenum wasn't as stupid, but fell in love with cosplaying Favre.

Purdy has good athleticism. His arm isn't great, but he has hit some tight window throws. And he can run an offense and play the mental game. He's pretty good. Purdy good, if you will. If he wants to take a huge step forward he has to level his mental game up a ton. Because he's not always going to have the best talent on offense by far and away.

Also, give him props for playing well with a bad line. After Trent--who is declining--that line sucks ballszorz.
    I give Purdy nothing, he’s a creation of KS’s arrogant coaching . . . utterly void of baseline NFL talent.

He’s exactly the shit-filled dumpster fire we’ve watched for the last decade, and, not soon enough, he’s going to be the highest paid shit-filled dumpster fire.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You could say the same thing about Brady in the early 2000's. No athleticism. Average arm. Not great at any one thing. Even those early NE SB victories were more about the defense and of course the cheating, so much ******* cheating.

To me NFL QB stardom has so much to do with fit. I will absolutely agree that Purdy probably sucks with the Broncos but that does not take away what he has earned as an NFL QB. Purdy found the exact right system and surroundings to unlock his potential, just like Brady did. My guess is he will continue to roll in that system and keep getting even better in it as it becomes more and more familiar to him.

There are very few NFL prospect QBs who can succeed regardless of surroundings and situation. The Mahomes', Lucks and Mannings are few and far between. Even a guy like Trevor Lawrence is sort of shit up on by many because he was looked at as a generational talent and he hasn't yet lived up to that, I disagree with that but it is a very common narrative surrounding him. And he's taken one of the absolute worst franchises in the league to the playoffs. This NFL QB shit is difficult. Really ******* difficult. So difficult that only about 16 of them in the world are not thought of as replaceable. By replaceable I simply mean that if their teams lucked into a #1 pick when a generational talent came into the draft the team would pass it up. That is astronomical when you really think about it. Of those 16 what was the narrative surrounding them when they came into the league? Some were top flight "dude" prospects but most were "well, let's give it a shot" types that their teams got lucky with ala Josh Allen.

Picking NFL QBs is the most crap of all crapshoots and the damn Denver Broncos are constipated.
    Brady had velocity, comparing him to Purdy is a misnomer. Brady couldn’t run, but he had NFL talent, quintessential pocket passer.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Brady had velocity, comparing him to Purdy is a misnomer. Brady couldn’t run, but he had NFL talent, quintessential pocket passer.
    Settle down, Cecil
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Settle down, Cecil
    I’m composed af as ****.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

He got tore up in evaluations as having a weak arm, though. I've seen tape breakdowns showing how he (to his credit) gained some arm strength through better mechanics, etc.

This will make you happy; he usually had great lines that really let him step into the throws if he had to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He got tore up in evaluations as having a weak arm, though. I've seen tape breakdowns showing how he (to his credit) gained some arm strength through better mechanics, etc.

This will make you happy; he usually had great lines that really let him step into the throws if he had to.
    Brady threw darts, even in his 40’s, what are we doing here?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Brady threw darts, even in his 40’s, what are we doing here?
    Im just recounting what scouts said.

I dunno, fam. I think you’re a poop head right now.

18. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Im just recounting what scouts said.

I dunno, fam. I think you’re a poop head right now.
    100%
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information