Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire George Paton

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Doesn't really matter who the next GM is as Payton is the de facto GM. Wouldn't surprise me if he somehow lured Mickey Loomis out of New Orleans to work together again - not sure what his contract looks like.
    I guess we will see a lot of questions to be answered this season is already over in early October so sad to see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Doesn't really matter who the next GM is as Payton is the de facto GM.
    This is the critical part. It's Payton's show now, he's effectively the president of football operations, and every buck eventually stops at his desk. Certainly including but not limited to the hiring of the glorified scouts who will fill out the rest of the team management depth chart.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    What exactly has Paton done that makes him a winner? Because it certainly isn't winning.
    Hm. College talent evaluation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

They give Russ this big check, pay his receivers above $10m/y, pay for an oline., and yet...

Can't do anything in the 3rd quarter.

Defensively, can't tackle. Can't cover tight ends. Keep getting shredded in the middle by backs, tight ends, and receivers.

For what Sutton is making, he needs to be a goner. Clark hasn't been part of the pass rush, so can ship him off too since he is just a rental.

7. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Get lost loser

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Hm. College talent evaluation?

I disagree his Drafts have been Blah and his FA's have been shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Paton's drafts

Surtain- Elite Grade A
    Williams- Very good, but injuries are stacking so at best its a B
    Meinerz- Above avg OL player prob C+
    Bowning- Solid player, constantly hurt C+
    Sterns- Flashed but always hurt C+
    Johnson- No longer with team F
    Seth Williams No Longer with team F

Bonito- Rounding into form seems to be good player B grade right now
    Dulchich- Didnt need him, always hurt pretty much useless outside seam routes. D Grade
    Mathis- very Avg corner C Grade
    Uwazarike scrub and now suspended all year F
    Turner yell- scrub Player D
    Wattenberg- Scrub C-

Mims- Looks to be good B
    Sanders- Looked lost but grade incomplete
    Moss- Injuries Grade incomplete
    Skinner- Kept on roster as 6th safety so dumb seems to be a scrub but incomplete being year 1
    Forysth- On roster Solid depth i guess, grade incomplete

Now Lets talk top FA's moves
    Bringing in teddy B- Grade idiot
    Resigned Sutton, Patrick and Jewell. Wasted money on all 3 at this point. Jewell is the only one I actually fault him for though
    Russ Overpaid massively, not sure we had a choice though, really f'ed our cap
    Gregory Bust
    Allen Not great so far but year 1 incomplete
    DJ jones Bust
    Powers Not great so far but year 1 incomplete grade IMO
    McGlinchey Not great so far but year 1 incomplete grade IMO
    Singleton good year 1 back to scrub a doo year 2.
    Kareem jackson How the f is he still around.....

Then lets talk Hackett being such a shit show you had to trade for a coach using a 1st rd pick, That's fireable by itself.

Nothing above shows we should be keeping this guy for any longer!!!
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-12-2023 at 01:57 AM.

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I disagree his Drafts have been Blah and his FA's have been shit.
    I'd keep him around as head of college scouting and let him focus on that. The other GM stuff maybe dilutes his best attribute. That's me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'd keep him around as head of college scouting and let him focus on that. The other GM stuff maybe dilutes his best attribute. That's me.
    Why he hasn't even been good at picking college players why do we want him scouting them....Its time to move on. No different then Russ or any of the high priced players we have not earning their keep. Denver needs to move on. Every one is accountable especially him for this shit show.......

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

https://denversports.com/2104634/the...s-a-good-idea/

I'm not saying Inc is wrong; I personally feel like Paton is irrelevant because SP is the new sheriff in town.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Paton's drafts

Surtain- Elite Grade A
    Williams- Very good, but injuries are stacking so at best its a B
    Meinerz- Above avg OL player prob C+
    Bowning- Solid player, constantly hurt C+
    Sterns- Flashed but always hurt C+
    Johnson- No longer with team F
    Seth Williams No Longer with team F

Bonito- Rounding into form seems to be good player B grade right now
    Dulchich- Didnt need him, always hurt pretty much useless outside seam routes. D Grade
    Mathis- very Avg corner C Grade
    Uwazarike scrub and now suspended all year F
    Turner yell- scrub Player D
    Wattenberg- Scrub C-

Mims- Looks to be good B
    Sanders- Looked lost but grade incomplete
    Moss- Injuries Grade incomplete
    Skinner- Kept on roster as 6th safety so dumb seems to be a scrub but incomplete being year 1
    Forysth- On roster Solid depth i guess, grade incomplete

Now Lets talk top FA's moves
    Bringing in teddy B- Grade idiot
    Resigned Sutton, Patrick and Jewell. Wasted money on all 3 at this point. Jewell is the only one I actually fault him for though
    Russ Overpaid massively, not sure we had a choice though, really f'ed our cap
    Gregory Bust
    Allen Not great so far but year 1 incomplete
    DJ jones Bust
    Powers Not great so far but year 1 incomplete grade IMO
    McGlinchey Not great so far but year 1 incomplete grade IMO
    Singleton good year 1 back to scrub a doo year 2.
    Kareem jackson How the f is he still around.....

Then lets talk Hackett being such a shit show you had to trade for a coach using a 1st rd pick, That's fireable by itself.

Nothing above shows we should be keeping this guy for any longer!!!
    A lot of this is just subjective. I'd argue he ****** up by not taking Fields, who at this point has shown he can play, over a CB because if the CB pans out but you're QBless then you're a loser anyway. How this has panned out pretty much validates my take; but even that's subjective. Surtain as a player is an A pick and that deserves credit, too. Moving on...How can a team with a bad line draft an above average OL but the pick isn't commensurate with his play? It's hard to bash a guy for injured players, as well, though you could bash Paton for going after guys with too much of an injury history.

And then we get to stuff that's super subjective. Teddy B as a backup/insurance policy was a good pickup. Plus Denver was in the business of winning now, and Lock couldn't cut it; how do you blast a guy for picking up a QB in trade that's better than his starter?

I think that fans get intimately cognizant of their team's--from top to bottom--flaws and drown out the flaws of over teams--again, top to bottom--because you have to comp him to his peers. In a vacuum, no one's success rate is good. And for the record, I hated him trading away Chubb--that's just an obvious mistake at this point--and many of his other FA moves. It's just that other GMs are doing the exact same things.
    Last edited by King87; 10-12-2023 at 04:40 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

I'm not saying Inc is wrong; I personally feel like Paton is irrelevant because SP is the new sheriff in town.
    Which makes firing Paton short-sighted, I like Paton’s philosophy on athleticism over bullshit “fits the system” . . . I think the Broncos need his ying to Payton’s yang.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

There some truth to this kind of why i have trouble grading the FA's and draft picks this year....Who knows how much Paton or Payton is responsible. what i do know is Paton traded a 1st rd pick for a coach that has us 1-5. So while Payton owns that shit, Paton is the one that obtained that issue. Its time for him to go.

23. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

A lot of this is just subjective. I'd argue he ****** up by not taking Fields, who at this point has shown he can play, over a CB because if the CB pans out but you're QBless then you're a loser anyway. How this has panned out pretty much validates my take; but even that's subjective. Surtain as a player is an A pick and that deserves credit, too. Moving on...How can a team with a bad line draft an above average OL but the pick isn't commensurate with his play? It's hard to bash a guy for injured players, as well, though you could bash Paton for going after guys with too much of an injury history.

And then we get to stuff that's super subjective. Teddy B as a backup/insurance policy was a good pickup. Plus Denver was in the business of winning now, and Lock couldn't cut it; how do you blast a guy for picking up a QB in trade that's better than his starter?

I think that fans get intimately cognizant of their team's--from top to bottom--flaws and drown out the flaws of over teams--again, top to bottom--because you have to comp him to his peers. In a vacuum, no one's success rate is good. And for the record, I hated him trading away Chubb--that's just an obvious mistake at this point--and many of his other FA moves. It's just that other GMs are doing the exact same things.
    Bringing in Teddy B was never the right call ever. He was Flacco bitch ass scrub if we are in the business of winning we should have moved on from lock ignored teddy drafted a QB with talent. He failed in that **** Paton....How the f does a GM get a pass for 1 grade A pick in 3 years f that f paton.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Which makes firing Paton short-sighted, I like Paton’s philosophy on athleticism over bullshit “fits the system” . . . I think the Broncos need his ying to Payton’s yang.
    why 1st year shows its pathetic pairing.....I refuse to support Paton any longer. F him. His body of work has been shit. Its great he likes talent its a good trait to have as a GM, he just doesn't understand roster construction and loves injury rehab projects f that f him.....He has 1 grade a prospect to his name f'in 1. And Surtain was deemed to be pretty much a lock anyway. He has failed in Denver and as far as i am concerned he can get the f out.
    This roster we have is utter shit and full of crap....That's on the GM full stop its been 3 years for christ sakes. Goodbye paton, and good riddance.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information