Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Sean Payton is an Egomaniac

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Winners and losers from the Broncos 17-16 loss to the Raiders

From Article - "In this one, we have a few winners, but at the end of the day, when you lose your season opener at home to the Raiders, there are going to be more winners than losers. So, let us take a look at which players or coaches came out of this defeat as a winner or as a loser.

Winners
    QB Russell Wilson

While the Broncos offense only could muster 16 points, quarterback Russell Wilson looked better. In the first half, he completed all but two passes and threw for two touchdowns. He was efficient, looked comfortable in the offense, was making good decisions, and was making plays and moving the offense. However, in the second half, the Broncos offense looked stale and conservative and they could only put a total of 3 points on the board.

Overall, Wilson finished the day by completing 27 of 34 passes for 177 yards and 2 touchdowns. He looked better than his stat line says he did in my opinion and you can argue this was his best overall game as a member of the Broncos. It wasn’t spectacular, but it was solid and hopefully something he can build off.

This is a “soft” win for me, but if you would have told me Russ would complete 79% of his passes, for 177 yards and 2 touchdowns before the game, I would have taken it.
    full article - https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/...-losers-week-1

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Is there an NFL HC who isn’t an egomaniac?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Maybe Andy Reid? But you make a good point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Maybe Andy Reid? But you make a good point.
    I just don’t think someone gets one of only 32 jobs in the world without being a mega type-A personality. We often make the mistake of thinking these people are just normal people who know a lot about football, when the truth is that these dudes have had to scheme, cajole and step all over others just to be in a position to be an NFL HC.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

All men are egomaniacs. It's called the "d*ck measuring contest". LoL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    All men are egomaniacs. It's called the "d*ck measuring contest". LoL.
    I suppose we could quibble about arrogance vs. egomaniacal vs. hubris. vs. confidence. But I think we all know what's meant in regards to NFL caliber competitors.

I think it's less about being an egomaniac and more about knowing when to display it, and overcoming the pitfalls. Think of how many times guys like PFM and other QB's have to compliment other QBs, even when we know all parties are aware who the better guy is. You can't just be like "well, I'm sure we'll beat Jacksonville because their sending Garrad out there and I'm PFM. It's just timing and place. Tony Dungy was supremely confident, and he's a good man. But at the end of the day he was a competitor. Dungy and coaches have to know when to overcome their ideological preferences--Dungy hated to go for it and relied too much on his side of the ball and scheme, Reid sometimes doesn't run it enough--and philosophies.

There was only one coach who was any good and wasn't egomaniacal...and that was CoachChaz.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I suppose we could quibble about arrogance vs. egomaniacal vs. hubris. vs. confidence. But I think we all know what's meant in regards to NFL caliber competitors.

I think it's less about being an egomaniac and more about knowing when to display it, and overcoming the pitfalls. Think of how many times guys like PFM and other QB's have to compliment other QBs, even when we know all parties are aware who the better guy is. You can't just be like "well, I'm sure we'll beat Jacksonville because their sending Garrad out there and I'm PFM. It's just timing and place. Tony Dungy was supremely confident, and he's a good man. But at the end of the day he was a competitor. Dungy and coaches have to know when to overcome their ideological preferences--Dungy hated to go for it and relied too much on his side of the ball and scheme, Reid sometimes doesn't run it enough--and philosophies.

There was only one coach who was any good and wasn't egomaniacal...and that was CoachChaz.
    LoL! I thought Chaz created his username being a range coach. He is very knowledgable when it comes to football, though. Other individuals that I appreciate reading their reviews are GMoney and Ziggy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

LoL! I thought Chaz created his username being a range coach. He is very knowledgable when it comes to football, though. Other individuals that I appreciate reading their reviews are GMoney and Ziggy.
    Love all of them. Money's the best.

11. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Love all of them. Money's the best.
    I'm curious what Money thinks of the Broncos in their current state. Is there promise, or is Payton really an egomaniac driving our beloved Broncos further in to the depths of pettiness?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I'm curious what Money thinks of the Broncos in their current state. Is there promise, or is Payton really an egomaniac driving our beloved Broncos further in to the depths of pettiness?
    Money is a workaholic and spends a lot of time covering the Nuggets--literally gives the best coverage around--and should be on t.v. over Kendrick Perkins.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Money is a workaholic and spends a lot of time covering the Nuggets--literally gives the best coverage around--and should be on t.v. over Kendrick Perkins.
    I wish I could like the NBA again. I just lost interest in the early 2000s. Same with MLB.

16. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I wish I could like the NBA again. I just lost interest in the early 2000s. Same with MLB.
    Oh, just sit in front of the screen while it plays long enough and you'll love it again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Best team and player on the planet is in Denver, temporarily ruining the NBA’s SOP of herding big-name stars to big markets and turning small market teams into glorified Washington Generals . . . what’s not interesting about that? Enjoy it while it lasts.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information