Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sean Payton is an Egomaniac

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You're just being a turd burger with extra turd sauce and dookie fries. And I don't like it.
    Was it something I said?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Hey man, Jaded is Jaded but he brought some receipts and substantiated his post with some statistics.

The sad thing is we all agree and are right to some degree. This team is bad. but we argue who sucks more the offense or defense. For the defense, costly penalties week 1 and 2 then this joke. For the offense, this is now 3 weeks of costly turnovers. First two weeks offense justvanished entire parts of the game. Maybe Russ couldn't have put up 70 but honestly a 49-38 loss would be less ridiculous.

Everyone is right though. This is a mess.
    You misread our relationship. I assure you, Jaded enjoyed the post.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Was it something I said?
    I don’t think your height and weight listing is true.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Hey man, Jaded is Jaded but he brought some receipts and substantiated his post with some statistics.
    Jaded's Uzi weighs a ton.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Speaking of scapegoat, the guys on Altitude this morning agreed that Payton does not like Russ, and is using Russ as the scapegoat
    If he doesn't like Russ and is trying to use him as the scapegoat, he's doing a very bad job of it.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    If he doesn't like Russ and is trying to use him as the scapegoat, he's doing a very bad job of it.
    In Russ' defense, he didn't hire Joseph. Then again, I didn't see Russ making any tackles out there...

10. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL exec believes Russell Wilson is on verge of being benched

Russell Wilson's reign as the Denver Broncos' starting quarterback may soon be meeting its inevitable end.

According to an NFL executive, the nine-time Pro Bowler would need to play lights out over the next three games for head coach Sean Payton not to bench his quarterback after the team's Week 6 bout with the Kansas City Chiefs.

"I believe Wilson will have to play phenomenal to avoid getting benched," the exec said to Mike Sando of The Athletic. "The way (Sean) Payton has talked about Wilson, I would look for it after the Kansas City game, when they have a 10-day break."

Payton's handling of Wilson early on in their tenure together points to a coach gung-ho on altering his quarterback's approach. This offseason, Payton barred Wilson's private quarterback coach from the team's facilities. He also poked fun at Wilson's much-criticized obsession to perfect his public image.

"Will you f--king stop kissing all the babies?" Payton told Wilson this offseason. "You're not running for public office," via ESPN's Seth Wickersham.
    rest - https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_39304365

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lmao, Russell said he wanted Payton but Payton didnt want him. This shit keeps getting better and better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Jarrett Stidham would never have given up 70 points to the Fins.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Why are all of those who refuse to put this solely on VJ ignoring this from Rex Ryan? I posted it and no one addressed it. Rather poignant.

Now, Payton does deserve big criticism for hiring him. I know Wade Philips is somewhere and Rex Ryan would be VERY WELCONE HERE RIGHT NOW.

The offense however is night and day compared to last year.

16. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Maybe hot take: Rex Ryan is a loser and I don't care what he thinks.

18. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lmao, Russell said he wanted Payton but Payton didnt want him. This shit keeps getting better and better.
    Funny because the inside guy at the atheltic that has closer ties then yardbreaker says that payton and russ get along quite well actually.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-27-2023 at 05:15 AM.

20. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I think week one could go towards the offense a bit in fault first game everything is new, but week 2 they staked the D a 21-3 lead scored 35 and the d was shit all day and then they had the worst performance in broncos history. Payton, Paton, VJ regardless of order. Start and stop there for where the blame should fall 3 weeks in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I think week one could go towards the offense a bit in fault first game everything is new, but week 2 they staked the D a 21-3 lead scored 35 and the d was shit all day and then they had the worst performance in broncos history. Payton, Paton, VJ regardless of order. Start and stop there for where the blame should fall 3 weeks in.
    It was the Raiders, without Chandler Jones, at home, against McDaniels, who is basically an invalid. That will go down as one of the easiest games you have all year.

Game two they did nothing in the second half at all, and it took a miracle just to get back in it and the end. Those two games are games you win if you have a good QB. It really is that simple, and people can be mad at Russ for that.

Week three was...hell. I don't blame Russ for that, but some lengthy drives might have helped. I dunno; if you hold Russ to franchise QB standards, he's failed...

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It was the Raiders, without Chandler Jones, at home, against McDaniels, who is basically an invalid. That will go down as one of the easiest games you have all year.

Game two they did nothing in the second half at all, and it took a miracle just to get back in it and the end. Those two games are games you win if you have a good QB. It really is that simple, and people can be mad at Russ for that.

Week three was...hell. I don't blame Russ for that, but some lengthy drives might have helped. I dunno; if you hold Russ to franchise QB standards, he's failed...
    Agreed its also the first game in a brand new system that takes time for any team and is proven every year with new staffs the opening blowout Denver fans expect every year cracks me up since we have coaching turnstile. I actually expected us to be 2-3 5 weeks in with losses against the raiders and Miami. I thought would beat Washington and lose to the Jets Then pre Miami i thought we would still be 2-3 now i think fields and even Zach Wilson are gonna get VJ fired lol...

Russ is on his 3rd coach in 3 years and 3rd system in 3 years it was never going to be great from the jump and anyone expecting that was dumb. 35 points in week 2 and no fault of his own in week 3. Russ will be just fine.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information