Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Dolphins 09/24/23

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Up until yesterday the score of "55-10" had always been a scar in my mind that conjured up images and thoughts of extreme embarrassment.
    I can safely say that score has been replaced.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 09-25-2023 at 11:47 AM.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I thought the QB wasnt the problem? Why on earth draft a QB if he isnt the issue with the team?
    Because he's not the long term answer, either. Saying that he's not the main problem isn't the same as saying that he's playing great. He's 34 years old, not nearly as mobile as he used to be, and he's taking up a huge chunk of our salary cap. Denver needs a complete rebuild from the top down, and you rarely have a chance to acquire a young franchise QB. If the Donks find themselves in that position, they need to jump on it. If VJ isn't going to be fired by 5PM Eastern time today, then Paton needs to be burning up the phones trying to trade every vet he can to acquire more draft capital for the next couple years. Wilson, Allen, and McGlinchey are tough because of their cap hits, but dudes like Bolles, Sutton, Gregory, Jeudy , Jewel, etc need to be on the move. Burn it down and start over, there's nothing left to salvage here.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos four downs: Worst coaching job in NFL history? Sean Payton, that now belongs to you.

Initial thoughts from Broncos’ 70-20 loss to the Miami Dolphins in Week 3 at Hard Rock Stadium:

VJ or JV?: Things are about to get really uncomfortable for defensive coordinator Vance Joseph at Dove Valley. Granted, the Dolphins have the best, most explosive offense in the NFL, and VJ was missing All-Pro safety Justin Simmons. But that doesn’t excuse the Broncos defense looking like the JV in South Beach. It took all of two series for Denver to scrap its two-linemen, five-linebacker pregame adjustment. Going zone on Tyreek Hill when you have a cornerback like Pat Surtain II? Not great. Getting clowned with a no-look shovel pass for TD No. 3? Even worse.

ANALYSIS: Broncos take historic beatdown in 70-20 loss to Dolphins: “That’s the most embarrassing game I’ve ever been a part of”

Sweet Vic-tory: Was Vic Fangio cackling in the Dolphins coaches’ booth? Howling? Shooting milk through his nose? All of the above? Whatever the case, it had to be satisfying for the ex-Broncos head coach-turned-Miami defensive coordinator to see the mess his once-formidable Denver defense has become. The Dolphins didn’t punt until the fourth quarter — after Miami QB Tua Tagovailoa took a seat — and scored touchdowns on 10 of their first 12 possessions. You have to go back to a 2010 to find a first half that saw the Broncos allow more points (35). You can’t even find another game in which they’ve allowed 70. Or 726 yards. This, dear readers, is rock bottom.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2023/09/2...-coaching-job/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Because he's not the long term answer, either. Saying that he's not the main problem isn't the same as saying that he's playing great. He's 34 years old, not nearly as mobile as he used to be, and he's taking up a huge chunk of our salary cap. Denver needs a complete rebuild from the top down, and you rarely have a chance to acquire a young franchise QB. If the Donks find themselves in that position, they need to jump on it. If VJ isn't going to be fired by 5PM Eastern time today, then Paton needs to be burning up the phones trying to trade every vet he can to acquire more draft capital for the next couple years. Wilson, Allen, and McGlinchey are tough because of their cap hits, but dudes like Bolles, Sutton, Gregory, Jeudy , Jewel, etc need to be on the move. Burn it down and start over, there's nothing left to salvage here.
    A full rebuild was needed years ago. It would be time to do it; but if Russ was an elite player aging gracefully it wouldn’t be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Coach Sean Payton calls Denver's biggest loss in Broncos history a "butt whipping"

Ownership was counting on Sean Payton making Broncos fans forget all about Nathaniel Hackett's miserable 2022 season in Denver.

Only, not like this.

Scowls and scolds have replaced the hugs and handshakes, but some of the bigger embarrassments remain such as the penchant for penalties, the burned timeouts and the troublesome turnovers.

September isn't over and Payton's already scrambling to salvage the season following the Broncos' breathtaking 50-point loss at Miami, where only the mercy of Mike McDaniel kept Denver's debacle simply horrific and not also historic.

Rather than tack on a short field goal in the final minute, McDaniel had his backup QB take a knee on fourth-and-14 at the Denver 27, bypassing the chance to break the regular-season record for points scored in a single game set by Washington against the New York Giants in 1966 and tie the all-time record set by the Chicago Bears in their 73-0 wipeout of Washington in the 1940 NFL championship game.

Still, it was Denver's biggest loss in its history and the 50-point margin of defeat represented the combined scoring differential for Denver's first nine losses under Hackett.
    rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...butt-whipping/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Because he's not the long term answer, either. Saying that he's not the main problem isn't the same as saying that he's playing great.
    Yea, i said this yesterday and got blasted on here for it. My comment was for those in the back who think his shit doesnt stink.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Playing the victim is cute.

You draft a QB because you will move on from Wilson, asap. Don’t let that spoil your pity party.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I thought the QB wasnt the problem? Why on earth draft a QB if he isnt the issue with the team?
    QB isn't the problem right now, doesn't mean we shouldn't prepare for Russ's eventual departure in the next year or 2. Payton will want who he wants. The Caleb Williams train wont matter though if we still cant get open, hold onto the football, get any support from TE's in either facet of the game or Block in a way that shows even mild competence.

Fyi Russ and Mahomes have identical stats through 3 games, one doesn't have a defense Ranked 28th or worse in every category....guess whcih one.....

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Also nobody here thinks Russ is the long term answer he is old and on his way out in the next year or 2. That's why you look to draft Williams. However He hasn't played bad and he hasn't played great he has played the same as Mahomes and is in the top 10 in some categories and 13 in QBR. There is no fault moving on from him but he is literally not what's wrong with the team, this isn't hard.....I mean f... Payton is more at fault then Russ is for Christ's sake.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-26-2023 at 06:08 AM.

14. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Glad we traded a 1st rd pick.....also how the f is VJ not fired yet, what does he have on Payton?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

No f that Paton doesn't need to be anywhere near this rebuild he has been a utter failure as GM....We do need a complete rebuild but I don't want him anywhere near it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The Caleb Williams train wont matter though if we still cant get open, hold onto the football, get any support from TE's in either facet of the game or Block in a way that shows even mild competence.

Exactly which is why you dont draft one until you are absolutely ready to do so. Its not like Williams is a generational talent either so why invest in a position if the team hasnt addressed the other issues on it first? You have been clamoring for Oline help since 2016, makes no sense to draft an eventual replacement if you dont have the other parts fixed first yes?

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Exactly which is why you dont draft one until you are absolutely ready to do so. Its not like Williams is a generational talent either so why invest in a position if the team hasnt addressed the other issues on it first? You have been clamoring for Oline help since 2016, makes no sense to draft an eventual replacement if you dont have the other parts fixed first yes?
    Agreed I have said this roster isn't very good, I regularly diss the DL, OL and depth and get backed up year in and year out. I do not believe Payton plus Caleb makes this team a contender right away with this roster. I would be fine though if we drafted him top 5, I would also be fine with a top OT or Pass rusher. I think the next 2 years are actually shaping up nicely for a 1st rd. QB. If we are headed for top 5 pick this year, We need to blow it all up.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-26-2023 at 06:11 AM.

20. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Agreed I have said this roster isn't very good, I regularly diss the DL, OL and depth and get backed up year in and year out. I do not believe Payton plus Caleb makes this team a contender right away with this roster. I would be fine though if we drafted him top 5, I would also be fine with a top OT or Pass rusher. I think the next 2 years are actually shaping up nicely for a 1st rd. QB. If we are headed for top 5 pick this year, We need to blow it all up.
    Are y’all actually agreeing that you should build a roster before drafting Caleb Williams? Bold strategy, Cotton. The past 7 years have taught Broncos fans nothing; still putting the cart before the horse.

Build a SB roster and then just draft Mr Irrelevant to be your starting QB, works every time.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Move up and draft a QB, then build around him.

This is the Denver Broncos; it has literally never ended well without an elite prospect at QB, and you get those at the top of round one.

Trevor Keesum says hi.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information