Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Redskins 09/17/23

Radio looks like a transistor is shorting in that gif…

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Is that Bill Cosby at QB? Can't run any more. No zip on the fastball. Doesn't throw accurately. Can't convert in the clutch.

So sick of this.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They’re not going to punt on the 2024 season, it makes no sense anyway.
    I agree with you in theory but they simply don't have a choice.

It basically comes down to an ownership decision:

1. The Penners sign off on $54Million in new money to Wilson that is FULLY guaranteed regardless of whether he's cut, released whatever.
    2. Cut bait and save yourself $54Million towards an aging QB who's not going to play up that elite contract.

I betting the owners don't want to pay that kind of money to one guy who's not a marketable product.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Attachment 21495

Miami's going to whoop our ass next week, and that'll be a wrap on the season. The smart move would be trading everyone not named Surtain and stocking picks for the rebuild, but of course we won't do that. This dumpster fire has enough fuel to burn for years. When does hockey start?
    Patrick Surtain should be the first guy we trade.

If we're going to be playing off coverage on most downs then you don't need a shutdown CB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default WR Marvin Mims Jr. nominated for NFL Rookie of the Week award following 168-yard performance

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Following an impressive performance on both offense and special teams, wide receiver Marvin Mims Jr. has been nominated for the NFL's Rookie of the Week award.

To vote for Mims, click here.(which is on site)

Mims caught a pair of passes for 113 yards and returned a punt 45 yards in the Broncos' Week 2 matchup with the Washington Commanders. The rookie's first catch of the game was a 60-yard touchdown pass from Russell Wilson that gave Denver a 14-3 lead.

The Oklahoma product was the first Broncos rookie with a 100-yard receiving game since Jerry Jeudy in 2020, and his 168 all-purpose yards — which included a 10-yard rush — were the most since Javonte Williams' 178 yards against the Chiefs in 2021.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/w...wing-168-yard-

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I agree with you in theory but they simply don't have a choice.

It basically comes down to an ownership decision:

1. The Penners sign off on $54Million in new money to Wilson that is FULLY guaranteed regardless of whether he's cut, released whatever.
    2. Cut bait and save yourself $54Million towards an aging QB who's not going to play up that elite contract.

I betting the owners don't want to pay that kind of money to one guy who's not a marketable product.
    Wouldn’t it make more sense to get your QBotF before you cut bait on Wilson? Give the new kid a season before you drop him behind an abysmal OL. Wilson was sacked 7 times on Sunday, Montez Sweat had 14 QB pressures and a sack. McGlinchey and Bolles are getting trucked regularly and Powers isn’t much better in pass pro. Cushenberry has been utterly ordinary, Meinerz has been excellent. They’re asking the TE’s to help but they all suck at it. You wanna put a rookie behind that?

So Then it comes down to Stidham and your bias towards Wilson, so assume the Broncos aren’t as irrational as you are about Wilson (“They simply don’t have a choice”, bullshit); it makes more sense to give it a Go with Wilson in ‘24 and then cut bait in ‘25 when it’s more feasible.

Then you turn it over to the kid, this lets you fortify the OL in the meantime while letting Wilson take the beating.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 09-19-2023 at 04:52 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— James Pearce OLB
    2nd round— Walter Nolan DE
    3rd round— Donavon Jackson LT
    4th round— Shemar Stewart DE
    5th round— Shemar Turner DE
    6th round— DJ Uieglelei QB
    7th round—

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Wilson is on pace for 4200 yards, 42 TD’s and 9 Int’s. The Broncos at 1st in the NFL in points per drive.

Your biases don’t reflect reality at the moment, if Wilson continues to play like this (God forbid he improves as the season progresses) then it doesn’t make sense to wipe your ass with the salary cap. Though I am dead set on drafting his replacement.

Let’s wait for the other shoe to drop, anything is possible; he could continue to play winning football or he could play his way into being Stidham’s backup.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 09-19-2023 at 05:02 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Wilson is on pace for 4200 yards, 42 TD’s and 9 Int’s. The Broncos at 1st in the NFL in points per drive.

Your biases don’t reflect reality at the moment, if Wilson continues to play like this (God forbid he improves as the season progresses) then it doesn’t make sense to wipe your ass with the salary cap. Though I am dead set on drafting his replacement.

Let’s wait for the other shoe to drop, anything is possible; he could continue to play winning football or he could play his way into being Stidham’s backup.
    I didn't realize our offense was doing that well. My problem has been the end of the games. Our offense in the 4th quarter through 2 games, feels absolutely toothless.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Wouldn’t it make more sense to get your QBotF before you cut bait on Wilson? Give the new kid a season before you drop him behind an abysmal OL. Wilson was sacked 7 times on Sunday, Montez Sweat had 14 QB pressures and a sack. McGlinchey and Bolles are getting trucked regularly and Powers isn’t much better in pass pro. Cushenberry has been utterly ordinary, Meinerz has been excellent. They’re asking the TE’s to help but they all suck at it. You wanna put a rookie behind that?

So Then it comes down to Stidham and your bias towards Wilson, so assume the Broncos aren’t as irrational as you are about Wilson (“They simply don’t have a choice”, bullshit); it makes more sense to give it a Go with Wilson in ‘24 and then cut bait in ‘25 when it’s more feasible.

Then you turn it over to the kid, this lets you fortify the OL in the meantime while letting Wilson take the beating.
    Yes, 100% all of this. And fire VJ! Unless keeping him around is part of our lowkey taking strategy. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Sense and the Broncos split up a long time ago.
    Stidham can play as a stop gap or whoever - it's not like the results are going to be any different.

I'll see your "Go with Wilson in '24 and cut bait in '25" and raise you $37Million.
    Because that's what it's going to cost.

The fine print on his contract states that if he's still on the roster in March 2024 then his 2025 base salary becomes fully guaranteed a year in advance ($37M) so that brings a total charge of $54Million fully guaranteed for a one year hire as you're saying.

And yes, I agree, it's all just bullshit while we're just talking here.

That is until the owner has to pay out $54M guaranteed over the next two years for an average QB who has minimal wins and no market value. I don't see that happening.

Thanks again George Paton.
    Last edited by Helios; 09-19-2023 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I didn't realize our offense was doing that well. My problem has been the end of the games. Our offense in the 4th quarter through 2 games, feels absolutely toothless.
    Wilson had 40 yards passing in the second half against the Raiders. Last week was more of the same, a tale of two halves. How many points did we score in the second half last week? It’s as if once the scripted plays run out he’s lost. I’m hoping at least once this year he’ll look like the best quarterback in the game at hand.

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Sense and the Broncos split up a long time ago.
    Stidham can play as a stop gap or whoever - it's not like the results are going to be any different.

I'll see your "Go with Wilson in '24 and cut bait in '25" and raise you $37Million.
    Because that's what it's going to cost.

The fine print on his contract states that if he's still on the roster in March 2024 then his 2025 base salary becomes fully guaranteed a year in advance ($37M) so that brings a total charge of $54Million fully guaranteed for a one year hire as you're saying.

And yes, I agree, it's all just bullshit while we're just talking here.

That is until the owner has to pay out $54M guaranteed over the next two years for an average QB who has minimal wins and no market value. I don't see that happening.

Thanks again George Paton.
    Ok, so you’re irrationally biased? Duly noted.

Cutting bait will cripple this team.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Wilson had 40 yards passing in the second half against the Raiders. Last week was more of the same, a tale of two halves. How many points did we score in the second half last week? It’s as if once the scripted plays run out he’s lost. I’m hoping at least once this year he’ll look like the best quarterback in the game at hand.
    If this were true they could script the second half too.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/ro...enver-broncos/

Someone show me how it’s even remotely possible to cut bait with Wilson in ‘24.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    7th round—

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/ro...enver-broncos/

Someone show me how it’s even remotely possible to cut bait with Wilson in ‘24.
    Post June 1st 2024 The dead cap drops to 35 Mil, its not smart but possible. I'm pretty confident If Russ keeps pace he will be fine. People crying about Russ when he still has shit OL, No TE help, and WR issues and still has the O leading the pack with the dolphins for offensive efficiency...He has had some ugghh moments but he isn't the real problem with the team at the moment. That lies on the defense and VJ, and the lack of talent on this team which rests with Paton and Payton. Draft a 1st rd Qb sit him behind Wilson for the 2025 season as we maybe finally compete for a wildcard. Hopefully we have a new GM making the calls or at least Payton deciding what QB he wants lol.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-21-2023 at 03:06 AM.

20. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information