Thread: Mike Shanahan, Randy Gradishar, Dan Reeves, Alex Gibbs named semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2024

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Mike Shanahan, Randy Gradishar, Dan Reeves, Alex Gibbs named semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2024

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — One of the Broncos' greatest players and several of the team's top coaches have taken the next step toward the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Ring of Fame linebacker Randy Gradishar was named among the 31 semifinalists in the Senior category for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2024, the Hall announced Wednesday.

Additionally, Ring of Fame Broncos coaches Mike Shanahan and the late Dan Reeves were both selected among the 29 semifinalists for the Hall of Fame's Coach/Contributor category. The late Alex Gibbs, the Broncos' offensive line coach during their back-to-back title run, was also named a semifinalist for the category.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/m...lists-for-pro-

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Would be nice to see Gradishar finally get in.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Gradishar!

Gradishar!

Gradishar!
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I think all 4 deserve it but Gradishar has definitely been snubbed the worst from that group so far. Here’s hoping at least two get through and hopefully all of them do!

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think all 4 deserve it but Gradishar has definitely been snubbed the worst from that group so far. Here’s hoping at least two get through and hopefully all of them do!
    Really don't understand the hate for Gradishar.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Buddy Parker – not Shanahan or Reeves – gets Pro Football Hall of Fame nomination

More than 40 years after his death, Buddy Parker is about to receive pro football immortality.

The head coach who led the Detroit Lions to back-to-back NFL championships in 1952-53, Parker – not Mike Shanahan, Dan Reeves or John Wooten – was chosen by a Pro Football Hall of Fame subcommittee as the lone nominee from a group of 12 coach/contributor finalists.

"It's an honor to be nominated for the NFL Hall of Fame and be part of the final selection," Shanahan told 9NEWS. "I would like to congratulate the family and friends of Buddy Parker."

Shanahan received strong consideration, to the point his Hall of Fame presenter Sal Paolantonio thought the former Broncos coach was among the top 4 by the subcommittee.
    rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...en/ar-AA1fmavK

Adopted Bronco:

Default Randy Gradishar named a Senior finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2024

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — One of the greatest defenders in Broncos history is one step away from being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

On Wednesday, the Hall of Fame announced that its Seniors Committee selected Randy Gradishar as one of three Senior finalists that will join the Modern-Era finalists and Coach/Contributor finalist for consideration to be part of the Class of 2024.

In early 2024, the Hall's full Selection Committee will cast its votes to determine which finalists will be enshrined in Canton later that year.

"We are thrilled for Randy Gradishar to take this significant step closer to his long-awaited place in the Pro Football Hall of Fame," Broncos Owner & CEO Greg Penner said in a statement. "The heart and soul of the iconic Orange Crush defense, Randy is now on the doorstep of earning the game's highest honor. The Broncos congratulate Randy on becoming a Senior Finalist for the Class of 2024 and look forward to the full Selection
    rest-https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/randy-gradishar-named-a-senior-finalist-for-pro-football-hall-of-fame-s-class-of

Adopted Bronco:

Default Randy Gradishar announced as Hall of Fame finalist, putting ex-Broncos linebacker on doorstep of Canton: “My jaw actually dropped”

Randy Gradishar is on the doorstep of Canton — again.

On Wednesday, the former Broncos linebacker and centerpiece of the Orange Crush defense was announced as one of three Seniors Committee finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2024.

He will need the full voting group to induct him in a meeting likely to occur in early 2024, but more often than not that final step is mere formality. Gradishar is not up against the modern-era candidates for the Hall, so the vote is yes or no on his induction alone.

In other words: Gradishar is likely headed to the Hall of Fame after a 35-year wait. He got word on Tuesday afternoon while at work at a local car dealership.

“I received a call from Mr. Jim Porter, the president of the Pro Football Hall of Fame,” Gradishar said. “My jaw actually dropped when he gave me the news. … I patiently waited for 35 years for this to happen, to be part of helping represent the Orange Crush and the Denver Broncos name.”
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2023/08/2...alist-broncos/

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I hope he gets it, but this is a travesty. Randy should have been in 30 years ago.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    I hope he gets it, but this is a travesty. Randy should have been in 30 years ago.
    Yes he should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Yes he should have.
    If Randy gets in (and it looks like he will), I wish that Dr. Z was alive. I would love to tell him to f*** off for all of the misinformation he spread about Randy and his tackle stats over the years. That jerk had a campaign against Gradishar for some reason.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    If Randy gets in (and it looks like he will), I wish that Dr. Z was alive. I would love to tell him to f*** off for all of the misinformation he spread about Randy and his tackle stats over the years. That jerk had a campaign against Gradishar for some reason.
    Sports Illustrated...?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Sports Illustrated...?
    Yep.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Yep.
    It's been a while...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

It seems like they let a lot of players in the HOF every year....it isn't like baseball. So let them all in!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information