Thread: My friends in No/Mas need some help getting back home

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default My friends in No/Mas need some help getting back home

They have been touring the states and even Mexico a bit but their van broke down and they are trying to finish the tour and then get back so they have a gofundme to try and get some cash to help with that. If you want or can give them a hand if possible they would appreciate it. Ive known John the guitarist for 20+ years and the rest of the band for at least 10. They are good dudes.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-no-m...PldtC_JmEjCCko

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    They have been touring the states and even Mexico a bit but their van broke down and they are trying to finish the tour and then get back so they have a gofundme to try and get some cash to help with that. If you want or can give them a hand if possible they would appreciate it. Ive known John the guitarist for 20+ years and the rest of the band for at least 10. They are good dudes.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-no-m...PldtC_JmEjCCko
    Tell them to go buy a travel insurance policy real quick. It'll cover the cost of repairs (most all) for the van and get them back on their way. Potentially their lodging and meals and any missed shows, etc.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Tell them to go buy a travel insurance policy real quick. It'll cover the cost of repairs (most all) for the van and get them back on their way. Potentially their lodging and meals and any missed shows, etc.
    What travel policy is going to pay for mechanical repairs to a motor vehicle after a major breakdown has already occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    What travel policy is going to pay for mechanical repairs to a motor vehicle after a major breakdown has already occurred?
    It would be for a new policy. A new trip. I'm surprised you didn't chime in earlier. I thought of you right when I saw this.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    It would be for a new policy. A new trip. I'm surprised you didn't chime in earlier. I thought of you right when I saw this.
    Travel insurance is not my game, but I can't imagine a new policy helping in this situation.

Can you link to a company that would pay on this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Travel insurance is not my game, but I can't imagine a new policy helping in this situation.

Can you link to a company that would pay on this situation?
    Let me phrase it like this:

Client calls/emails you for a policy starting next week. They give full trip cost, trip type, duration. Trip deposit is over 1 month ago so no pre ex. You quote them, they buy.
    3 days, 5 days (whatever) they file a claim for broken down car. This all falls within, Trip interruption, delay, missed connection, personal (unless it's a rental car- I'm 99% sure it's not). This is 100% a payable claim.

Now, if we have the prior info it's not payable (which is why I wouldn't touch it because we know), but if they call you with only futures....you're in the clear, so are they. If you still want links I can post them.

North, did any of your posse use a credit card to purchase ANYTHING ......ANYTHING! on this tour of theirs? Gas, Hotel, Drinks, venue, any little thing? I'm betting dollars to doughnuts they did. Nearly all major credit cards have a built in Insurance policy. Generally it's up to $1,500pp or 6k total. That should be enough to save their asses and kick them back into gear. It works the exact same way just on a smaller scale. Chase is one of the most popular. Have them check.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just an update as the guys are back home. From John the guitarist,

Huge thank you to anyone who donated/shared our gofundme. Because of you all we got a really solid van that will last us a long time. Had you all of not done that we would have had to cancel alot of dates that haven't been announced yet..

The past couple months have simultaneously been the most fun and most stressful times of my life and i cant wait to do it all over again soon!

Tour announcement coming soon!

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information