Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp News

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I give him low marks for smack talking If I were him, I would say something like, "I hope he doesn't quit on the Broncos if Wilson doesn't meet his expectations after their 1st season together"
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm pretty certain this is not the job George Paton thought he was signing up for 2 years ago. Sean Payton is now the effective GM, with GP as his assistant, even though those aren't their "official" titles - that's how the power structure works. And because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if doesn't make it through his six year contract... Especially if SP keeps throwing bombs.

I don't agree that George is on any kind of hot seat or there is a power struggle.

Last year GP made calls without consulting Hackett. I don't blame him. This hear he doesn't/won't without consulting Sean. Not only is this the smart move but he'd be silly not to. SP is an amazing coach with a proven track record. He'd be a complete fool and failure not to. SP has been around the block, Hackett has not. This is GP doing his due diligence. Regardless of what bombs people throw.

All GMs whiff on HC and fire them and hire new ones. GP is not in some elite company of schmucks here. So him as well as everyone else know last year ducked and why. He may not be happy to hear it but it's true. It also does not put him on any sort of leash or ticking clock, imo.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

3. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Broncos coach Sean Payton regrets Nathaniel Hackett barbs

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-hackett-barbs

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just win games, Payton. Save the blowhard shit for later.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos camp under Sean Payton has entirely different vibe from Nathaniel Hackett's 'Camp Cupcake'

Judging by the vibe at Wednesday's "ramp-up" workout, the Denver Broncos are in for a much tougher training camp under new head coach Sean Payton than the infamous "Camp Cupcake" they took part in under Nathaniel Hackett a year ago.

"We all saw it in the intensity and the sense of urgency from OTAs and minicamp and it just carried over into the practice that we just had," wide receiver Courtland Sutton said. "... I was just talking to one of the guys in the weight room about how we do anything is how we do everything."

Players appear to have steeled themselves for a much more rigorous training camp and preseason slate than they had under Hackett, who was canned after just 11 months and four wins.

"You can see it with their weights and the workouts we did yesterday, I think they're in good shape," Payton said after the spirited 90-minute practice that officially kicked off his first training camp in Denver.
    rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...id=CNR-01-0623

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Greg Dulcich leading "locked in" tight end room

The Broncos' offense remains full of question marks entering the 2023 season.

Perhaps the one sure thing? New head coach Sean Payton plans to keep his tight end room busy.

"We've been working on being able to do everything," Broncos second-year tight end Greg Dulcich explained following Day 1 of training camp at Dove Valley. "Being able to move into multiple positions... on the wing, split-out, in the backfield, and in three-point. The versatility of our position is really cool, and we have a lot of guys who can fill that spot."

The Broncos are hoping Dulcich can fill that recently underwhelming spot at TE1. A first team All-Pac 12 selection at UCLA, Dulcich finished his rookie season with 33 receptions for 411 yards and two touchdowns. After missing time early in the year with a hamstring injury, Dulcich established himself as one of Russell Wilson's top targets later in the season.
    rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...ight-end-room/

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos host DL Shelby Harris on free agent visit

The Denver Broncos hosted a familiar face at their facility on Friday.

The Broncos brought in defensive lineman Shelby Harris for a free agent visit, according to the NFL’s transaction wire. Harris, who played for the Seattle Seahawks last year, still lives in the Denver area.

Harris (6-2, 288 pounds) played for the Broncos from 2017-2021, totaling 203 tackles, 44 quarterback hits, 25 pass breakups and 21.5 sacks in 75 games (49 starts). The veteran defensive lineman was sent to Seattle last year as part of the trade for quarterback Russell Wilson.
    rest - https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...ce=parsely-api

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos Camp Notebook | Day 2: Jerry Jeudy Emerging as WR1

Englewood, CO – The biggest inquiry from Broncos Country heading into Day 2 of Denver Broncos training camp evolved around quarterback Russell Wilson. The veteran, now in his second year in Denver, looked to be in phenomenal physical condition and showed nice athleticism through a variety of scrambles in team period on Day 1 of training camp.

Most fans were relieved and curious to see Russ rally. But Friday's practice revealed some growing pains for Wilson and the Broncos offense, who are implementing head coach Sean Payton’s vision as a play caller. A handful of plays in team period revealed Russ hanging onto the ball for just a second too long before defenders closed in, and he took off on the run.

Saturday's practice was once again open to Broncos Country, foreshadowing what could be a historic turnaround for the Broncos in 2023. Here's what I gleaned from watching the practice at Centura Health Training Center.
    rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...r1/ar-AA1ex6qB

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

AJ Epenesa is buried on Bills depth chart and they like Courtland Sutton. I think Epenesa is better suited for a 3-4 defense, he’s almost identical to Zach Allen physically, this trade makes good sense imo.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/50278/

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/50146/

Ourlads was one of many analysts that thought the Broncos got two 1st to 2nd round prospects in Sanders and Skinner, y’all think what you want but I’m not giving SP credit that belongs to GP.

I know it’s blasphemy to go against the shiny new hope but Paton is the real talent guy, when he gives $100 million to a gadget QB I might admit I’m wrong.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

J.L Skinner was getting Kyle Hamilton comps when SP was still attempting to do tv analysis. Imo, it’s far more likely that SP has final say and GP has the talent evaluation.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

Jets' Aaron Rodgers defends Nathaniel Hackett and fires back at the Broncos' Sean Payton

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...on/ar-AA1eyEc4

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default 'We have to beat [that] team': Frank Clark wants to make Broncos-Chiefs a rivalry again

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After four years in Kansas City, Frank Clark is determined to help the Broncos change their fortune.

During his tenure with the Chiefs, Clark did not lose to the Broncos — and he helped push Denver's losing streak to 15 games.

On Saturday, after his fourth practice with his new team, Clark offered a raw assessment of the state of one of Denver's biggest rivalries during the 15-game stretch.

"I wouldn't call it a rivalry," Clark said. "In a rivalry, it's competitive. … I'm on the Broncos now, and I've been on the other side, and we didn't call it a rivalry then. I'm on the Broncos now. Until we become competitive enough, we have to beat [that] team. We have to win our division. We have to do a few things. It's not just about the Chiefs. It's things we have to do here. We have to get our own ball together here in order for us to go out and compete for us to become one of those [factors]."
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/w...-a-rivalry-aga

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Jets' Aaron Rodgers defends Nathaniel Hackett and fires back at the Broncos' Sean Payton

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...on/ar-AA1eyEc4
    There’s a lot of “set themselves up for some sort of easy fall if it doesn’t go well for that team this year” in defense of a former HC that fell harder than any HC in Broncos history.

It’s obscenely stupid; if Payton were setting the narrative for future failure he wouldn’t have put himself in this position, Payton literally did the opposite of what they’re trying to sell you.

If Payton flops he made himself look like a ******* big mouth idiot by what he said about Hackett, this is the lamest attempt at defending Hackett possible. If he was “insecure” he wouldn’t have taken the challenge and he would’ve paid lip service to the former regime.

But I guess in todays America all you have to do is speak Stupid into existence because 33% of the Country is borderline retarded.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information