Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan vs James: Breaking down and Deep Diving the eras

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I find it funny the Lebron fans get so offended. I highly doubt Lebron would have lasted as physical as the old school NBA was back in the 80s & 90s. Imagine Lebron going up against a Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Bill Lambert, Carl Malone, etc. Lebron has soft hands because the NBA has babied him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Let me guess Nomad is racist because his favorite basketball player is white? Ask me who my favorite economist is. Well, it's Milton Friedman. Lol

But Thomas Sowell is a close second.
    I find it funny BWave’s insecurities brought him to make that comment in the first place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I find it funny the Lebron fans get so offended. I highly doubt Lebron would have lasted as physical as the old school NBA was back in the 80s & 90s. Imagine Lebron going up against a Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Bill Lambert, Carl Malone, etc. Lebron has soft hands because the NBA has babied him.
    But you haven't watched the NBA since the 90s I thought? So why should anyone take your opinion on a sport you haven't watched in over 2 decades seriously?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But you haven't watched the NBA since the 90s I thought? So why should anyone take your opinion on a sport you haven't watched in over 2 decades seriously?
    Because he's serious.

Why would anyone take you seriously? Just sayin. You seem to value baiting and inciting and stirring controversy more than arriving at truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Because he's serious.

Why would anyone take you seriously? Just sayin. You seem to value baiting and inciting and stirring controversy more than arriving at truth.
    He literally just said in the Nuggets thread that he's barely watched the NBA since the 1990s. You notice how you never see me in hockey or baseball threads giving takes? Because I almost never watch those sports. Just seems odd to me to proclaim you barely watch a sport, but then spam that sports threads with your hot takes.

But sure, I'm the ass hole here because I say what people are thinking out loud.

Also, you seem to value white knighting for people in conversations that have nothing to do with you because you get your rocks off telling me what a POS troll I am. But please keep acting like you're above it all!

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Because he's serious.

And you are amazing at only calling out searching for truth when it comes to certain posters, and while also, as an individual, ignoring arguments that are valid. You know I love you, but this “truth,” and calling people out stuff is so tiring. You sit in the same threads and see the same proms facie silly arguments: people saying they don’t know who prominent players from MJ’s era are/watching this era, but opining as if their stance would have merit?

If you were interested in “truth,” you’d call those out. Don’t bang a drum you aren’t willing to play, Hawg.

9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Oh Nomad, LeBron came out of high school as big as Oakley, bigger than Horace Grant, and guys like Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, McGrady, and etc all feasted in the 90’s and early 2000s.

The notion that a bigger and stronger version of those guys wouldn't last is baseless. Bron at 38 was defending full blown centers this past offseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Isiah Thomas literally started fights and ran behind his teammates. Bron actually played against Rodman…and Shaq, and Ben Wallace, and Dwight Howard, and a bunch of physical defenders that you don’t know existed because you didn’t watch ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Saying LeBron couldn't handle a more physical version of the NBA all but confirms you don't watch LeBron play. Yeah, he flops a lot, because that's the meta of the NBA because it works and gets you calls. MJ flopped a lot too, it's a strategy as old as time. But LBJ is one of if not the most gifted physical specimen in the NBA ever. To act like he couldn't handle a more physical era of basketball is just so patently absurd it's not even worth giving a serious response to.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    And you are amazing at only calling out searching for truth when it comes to certain posters, and while also, as an individual, ignoring arguments that are valid. You know I love you, but this “truth,” and calling people out stuff is so tiring. You sit in the same threads and see the same proms facie silly arguments: people saying they don’t know who prominent players from MJ’s era are/watching this era, but opining as if their stance would have merit?

If you were interested in “truth,” you’d call those out. Don’t bang a drum you aren’t willing to play, Hawg.
    Hawg just finds it easier/more pleasing to use me as his punching bag instead of engaging in an sort of honest discussion. It be what it be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Hawg is heartless and hates Wave. None of this is that srs; it’s why Kareem is the GOAT.

16. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My dream BB team.

Joker
    Bird
    Laimbeer
    Marovich

And Barkley(were you expecting someone else? Why?)
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My dream BB team.

Joker
    Bird
    Laimbeer
    Marovich

And Barkley(were you expecting someone else? Why?)
    Nah gimme Dirk over Barkley!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Nah gimme Dirk over Barkley!
    I did like Dirk. I like big guys that can shoot, that's like an instant BB respect thing for me. I guess when a dude who is 6'9" tall dunks a BB in a 10' rim, I kinda think "yeah, I'm not impressed that you can jump the requisite 4" to allow you to reach the rim" but when a big old dude who should only be a center doing center things can step back and drain a 3, that's cool.

In all honesty maybe my favorite player to watch of all time was Hakeem Olajuwon. That dude was so damn slick in everything he did. He was a better BB player than Shaq ever dreamed of being, because his game was so well rounded.

I also loved watching Dominique Wilkins back in the day. He was an artist, if you could classify BB as art.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I did like Dirk. I like big guys that can shoot, that's like an instant BB respect thing for me. I guess when a dude who is 6'9" tall dunks a BB in a 10' rim, I kinda think "yeah, I'm not impressed that you can jump the requisite 4" to allow you to reach the rim" but when a big old dude who should only be a center doing center things can step back and drain a 3, that's cool.

In all honesty maybe my favorite player to watch of all time was Hakeem Olajuwon. That dude was so damn slick in everything he did. He was a better BB player than Shaq ever dreamed of being, because his game was so well rounded.

I also loved watching Dominique Wilkins back in the day. He was an artist, if you could classify BB as art.
    Wemby might be about to break the NBA if the hype on him is real. Imagine Dirk's skills but in a taller and more athletic body. I can't wait to watch what he does in the NBA.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information