Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan vs James: Breaking down and Deep Diving the eras

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Barkley was a fat loser with no intangibles. Also a huge hypocrite because that fat bitch chased super teams all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Barkley was a fat loser with no intangibles. Also a huge hypocrite because that fat bitch chased super teams all the time.
    More famous for his shitty golf swing that he basketball

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I was just a kid when he was playing in Phoenix and living in Phoenix at the time. I just can't shake the "like" I have for the guy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Jordan vs James: Breaking down and Deep Diving the eras

MJ was far far better than James. There's no debate in my mind.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I was just a kid when he was playing in Phoenix and living in Phoenix at the time. I just can't shake the "like" I have for the guy.
    He’s an ******* who likes to say what’s on his mind. I get liking that. But I’m surprised you like him because he’s loud, constantly wrong, is on TV only for entertainment because he’s an awful analyst, and was a huge loser.

Used to be a top 20 player though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He’s an ******* who likes to say what’s on his mind. I get liking that. But I’m surprised you like him because he’s loud, constantly wrong, is on TV only for entertainment because he’s an awful analyst, and was a huge loser.

Used to be a top 20 player though.
    To be fair, I haven't heard the man speak in anything other than a commercial or a blurb for probably 2 decades. I pay absolutely zero attention to the NBA. If I'd have been paying attention to him at all my opinion would likely be different. To me he's that country boy funny likeable fat faced young guy who just said funny shit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

That’s fair - he ass tho.

10. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Six rings against weaker competition: LBJ played against two dynasties in the finals. Jordan never did; the best team he ever played in the finals = Utah. Those don't sniff the Dynasty Spurs or Warriors, including the 73 win team that LBJ beat. Degree of difficulty goes to LBJ; he didn't get to play cupcakes like the Super Sonics or the aging out Lakers.

FMVPS is basically the same stat, put on there to look impressive: the best player usually wins the FMVPs, unless of course you win one because of the defense you played against LBJ, only holding him to 26 points, a bunch of rebounds/assists. That's an Andre Igoudola reference.

Finals meltdowns? Why limit it to just the finals? How about all those times when MJ came up short just to get to the ECF? Cherry picking is a bad look.

Finals game winners? Why just limit it to the finals? See how fraudulent this gets? If it's just the finals then move on MJ, Bill Russell is your daddy; he's the king of the NBA finals.

Three peats are great. How many in a row did Russell win again? Sounds like you're really advocating for BR to be the GOAT.

Finals losses: so let's see here, I'm supposed to think "man, LBJ is worse than Jordan because he took a bad Cavs team to the finals and they lost to the Dynasty spurs; he's worse than MJ because he lost twice to the warriors with Durant, and another time when Kevin Love and Kyrie were injured; and he lost to the Spurs dynasty in Miami?" That Mavs loss was bad. Full stop.

To use a football analogue: when folks were slandering Elway as a loser because he kept losing SB's I sure hope you were quiet as hell.

And those cherry picked leftover stats are hilarious. If you want to do playoff stat posting, let's be more comprehensive:

Most playoff points, steals, and wins = LBJ. Second in playoff assists and 3-pointers made = LBJ. Most 25-5-5 games = LBJ. Most 30 point games in playoff history = LBJ.

Once you do the barest of bare minimums of contextual application so much of the "MJ is GOAT," just goes away in comparison to LBJ. I'm sure the vast majority of the time LBJ would have really struggled with the Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton Super Sonics, the Drexler Blazers, the fat loser's Suns, or a Lakers team whose best scorer was playing on one foot.
    Bravo. I am so sick of the Jordan Jockers out there.

MJ won in a watered-down league. As Greeny said at the end of the ESPN Classic Who's #1 episode about Best NBA Teams (Mike Greenberg covered those Bull teams, so he knows what he is talking about), the teams from the 80's (the 83 Sixers and the Laker and Celtic teams. I also would throw the 86 Rockets in there) would have wiped the floor with the 72-win Bulls.

Karceno4Life did a good six-part documentary on the fake 90's Bulls dynasty (here is part 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ejrKdhCvyk

In 1991, not only was Worthy hurt, but according to Karceno, Magic had HIV symptoms during the Finals (which is why Pippen was so successful against him).

In 1993, the Suns didn't have Cedric Ceballos, and their inexperience in the Finals may have hurt them (allegedly, Dumas was out-playing Pippen).

Also, I don't think they played against great Jazz teams (they may have been better in 1988 than in 97 and 98). They just had Malone, Stockton, and the menagerie of suck at center (that's why they tried to get Rony Seikaly in 1998, but he wouldn't go there).

12. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The Jordan fans avoided that post like the plague; I wonder if they should be called out for it in the name of truth.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Barkley is hilarious, King should take notes

16. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Barkley is hilarious, King should take notes
    Not all fat people have to be funny, you insolent gremlin!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lot of former NBA and even newer NBA players still pick Mike as the greatest ever, and even if they mention LeBron its behind Kobe.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-play...n-is-the-goat/

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Many also pick LBJ, including guys who hated him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Man, this thread is just chock full of people who "haven't really watched or followed baseball the last 20 years" who are somehow experts on LeBron.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

God forbid people express their opinion about LeBitch in a thread about LeBitch. I'm glad she has the white Knight BW to defend her honor. You're truly doing the lord's work.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information