Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan vs James: Breaking down and Deep Diving the eras

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    God forbid people express their opinion about LeBitch in a thread about LeBitch. I'm glad she has the white Knight BW to defend her honor. You're truly doing the lord's work.
    I kinda admire how proud you are of so boldly delivering uninformed opinions. It's impressive, really!

Please, don't stop embarrassing yourself on my account, it's great entertainment!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

God forbid people express their opinion about LeBitch in a thread about LeBitch. I'm glad she has the white Knight BW to defend her honor. You're truly doing the lord's work.
    What’s whiteness have to do with it?

I think it’s okay to point out if folks have a baseline for an opinion or not. It’s okay in every other thread!

Basically you’re a fascist.

3. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

I think it’s okay to point out if folks have a baseline for an opinion or not. It’s okay in every other thread!

I'd get totally blasted, and rightfully so, if I went into the Avs thread all like "I haven't watched an Avs game in 20 years but here's why your team sucks". But somehow that's just considered a totally normal thing to do in this thread. It's crazy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Ideological. Don’t watch in decades but you just know the guy with four rings, against better competition, and all the records, who is a drastically more versatile player…isn’t as good.

Actually does a disservice to Big J.

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I kinda admire how proud you are of so boldly delivering uninformed opinions. It's impressive, really!

Please, don't stop embarrassing yourself on my account, it's great entertainment!
    How are my opinions uninformed. I have said nothing about LeBron as a BB player other than how great he is at the sport. I think my words were something along the lines of "if they built the perfect BB player in a lab it would be LeBron."

Now, LeBron openly and willingly throws himself into culture and political debates, but your opinion is that I should just shut up about his politics and cultural stances and just stay in my lane and judge him solely as a BB player. Why is LeBron aloud to jump into those realms but I shouldn't judge him based on that?

As far as LeBron vs MJ, sorry I think MJ is better. Good Lord, is that some kind of radical take at this point?

Your problem is that you can't fathom other opinions. You also instantly put nefarious intentions in any opinion that differs from yours. You have a lot of growing up to do, there's still time.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

A fascist that despises government. Weird.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

How are my opinions uninformed. I have said nothing about LeBron as a BB player other than how great he is at the sport. I think my words were something along the lines of "if they built the perfect BB player in a lab it would be LeBron."

Now, LeBron openly and willingly throws himself into culture and political debates, but your opinion is that I should just shut up about his politics and cultural stances and just stay in my lane and judge him solely as a BB player. Why is LeBron aloud to jump into those realms but I shouldn't judge him based on that?

As far as LeBron vs MJ, sorry I think MJ is better. Good Lord, is that some kind of radical take at this point?

Your problem is that you can't fathom other opinions. You also instantly put nefarious intentions in any opinion that differs from yours. You have a lot of growing up to do, there's still time.
    I have zero issue with reading opinions on LeBron from people who have actually watched LeBron play.

If you want to go ahead and admit the whole "I haven't watched basketball in two decades" thing wasn't true then I will happily accept your LeBron opinions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I have zero issue with reading opinions on LeBron from people who have actually watched LeBron play.

If you want to go ahead and admit the whole "I haven't watched basketball in two decades" thing wasn't true then I will happily accept your LeBron opinions.
    Frankly, I give zero ****s about what you accept or don't accept. I never saw Babe Ruth play, I know he was better than Kris Bryant. Also, a thread about LeBron was always going to have personal feeling apart from pure BB prowess, you know that and you pick at it, because it's what you do. So do I. It's all good and fun.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Frankly, I give zero ****s about what you accept or don't accept. I never saw Babe Ruth play, I know he was better than Kris Bryant. Also, a thread about LeBron was always going to have personal feeling apart from pure BB prowess, you know that and you pick at it, because it's what you do. So do I. It's all good and fun.
    This is a whole other can of worms but I do have to put somewhat of an asterisk on baseball players who played before integration. It's a shame that guys like Satchel Paige never got to pitch to Babe Ruth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton were the best players on the Sonics.

Drexler was Portland’s best player.

Worthy, the top scorer on my Lakers, was busted up.

And fat Barkley with no intangibles.

MJ basically had a bye in the finals more often than not.

None of those guys are top twenty players. Barkley was, probably, but he’s not anymore. Like yeah the Lakers still had Magic, but he’s a point guard. They can’t carry a team without scorers.

Bron played Duncan, Steph, KD, Westbrook, Harden. He went up against Pop. Jordan had Phil as his coach. Spoelstra is great, but he’s not going to be a top three HC of all time. LeBron dominated East and the West. When MJ left, his team was a game away from the finals. When LeBron leaves his team falls apart. The comp LBJ faced was better, even if you factor in Utah.

Bron was by far the better passer and rebounder. The much more versatile defender. Shot better from three and two. The better talent; with all the hype in the world on him coming out of high school. The greatest modern prime and the longest prime. He went to the finals nine straight times; since he left the East, only the Heat have been back to the finals twice…IT HAS BEEN FOUR YEARS!

Jordan was score first as a player and had to learn to pass the ball for his team to win. LeBron had that mastered day one as a player. We glorify MJ scoring 60 against bird and losing in round one while bashing LeBron for carrying arguably the worst roster to make a finals ever…past the reigning champion Pistons…and then bash him harder for losing to the Spurs.

And keep in mind you can just as forcefully argue LBJ as the GOAT scorer…he’s top four in assists.

The MJ argument relies on nostalgia, subjective awards being assigned, and a flawed ring counting analysis.

Give me the better player. And once you put down everything noisy and just look at them on the court, LBJ is the better player.

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

But the basis for Ruth being better than Kris Bryant can be accounted for in resume.

One cannot blindly read a resume and conclude with force MJ was better. Someone tried, but I slapped that shit down because that meme was asstastic, and not in the Jennifer Lopez way.

16. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

J-Lo is gross.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

J-Lo is gross.
    Not back in the day. I bet she’s still fine now!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Before Pippen’s arrival, how many times did MJ get past the first round, or achieve a record above .500?

20. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not back in the day. I bet she’s still fine now!
    She's like the female LeBron for me. She is in every physical way, absolutely beautiful, I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole even if I was single. I'm sure a lot of people will doubt me in that, but 8 really mean it. I don't find many celebrities to be that attractive. I know they're beautiful by all normal accepted standards but I hear them speak and listen to the actual substance of who they are and I just can't imagine wanting to spend even a single minute with them. Maybe it's just a product of being in a very good marriage for what is now basically a quarter of a century, but just the idea of even a one night stand with someone else even a celebrity is just so foreign to me.

My celebrity "crushes' if they even exist are usually chicks that I think of as "cool" and physically beautiful. A good example is Loraine Pascale, she is a judge on a bunch of food network shows, and I find her to be really funny and that damn accent doesn't hurt either. I watch aost all the shows she judges and my wife is convinced it's only because of her. she has a very beautiful daughter also who is now an actress.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5266.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	21362

If my wife passed and J-Lo and Loraine Pascale both went blind and insane and I had my choice I'd choose Loraine Pascale in a millisecond.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information