Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan vs James: Breaking down and Deep Diving the eras

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Julius Erving, who played closer to MJ's era and one would think would take MJ's side, is more impressed with Lebron's resume. And this was before LeBron won his last title. But yeah, only people on this board think it's a debate.

https://www.capjournal.com/arena/fad...c5fff5a2f.html

In 2017, Dr. J gave his take on the GOAT debate between LeBron James and Michael Jordan, asserting that making it to the Finals more was more impressive to him than never losing in the Finals.

Since LeBron James won his 3rd championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers in spectacular fashion in 2016, the GOAT debate between him and Michael Jordan has become a much more intense conversation. Some believe LeBron is the GOAT, although his NBA Finals record is always held against him.

Michael Jordan made it to the NBA Finals 6 times, winning all 6, including two three-peats. LeBron James has 10 Finals appearances to his name, although he has lost 6 of them. And in 2017, when he had 8 appearances, Julius Erving had given his take on the GOAT debate between the two.

"What you guys are missing is the game is a team sport," Erving said during an appearance on Undisputed. "So individuals don't win championships, teams win championships. And you're only as good as the team can take you... So 3-5 doesn't mean anything, I'm more impressed with 8 Finals than I am with the record in the Finals. If he was 0-8 in the Finals, it would still be an amazing achievement. That's like going to 8 Super Bowls."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm not even giving an opinion one way or another here, just saying it's absurd to act like it's not even a debate. It's very obviously a debate. I just can't take MJ fans seriously who act like it's not close. It's close.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Davii, I will accept your apology now. There are clearly not only people outside of BF who think LeBron is the GOAT, but multiple NBA legends from several eras to boot. Again, I'm not saying this proves it's LeBron, but enough credible people are on his side that you can't simply sit here and pretend it's "not a debate".

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

In case the above Tweets didn't load for anyone or they are reading from work; Isiah Thomas, Bill Laimbeer, Allen Iverson, Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce, Trae Young, and Gilbert Arenas are all on record saying LeBron is the GOAT. Again, not saying this proves it's LeBron, just debunking this absurdity that Broncos Forums dot com is the only place that thinks it's a debate.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I don’t know any of those people. The only people I know that think this is a debate are all here.

I didn’t say “The only people I know OF”. Big difference muchacho.

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don’t know any of those people. The only people I know that think this is a debate are all here.

I didn’t say “The only people I know OF”. Big difference muchacho.
    I've provided ample evidence that it is in fact a serious debate with credible people on the side of LBJ. If you're just going to act like it's still not a debate because the people in your social circles say so, then you clearly aren't interested a real discussion on the topic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

If you don’t think it’s a serious debate I’m not sure how much you follow the topic, or the current NBA. Even Paul Pierce and KG, two true LBJ haters…

Eh. We will save it for the podcast AKA THE GODCAST

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't know **** all about BB but I know this with absolute certainty, Lebron is not as good as MJ. It's just fact. It's like Bonds vs Ruth. Ruth is better. He just is.

Lebron is soft too. I'd call him a bitch right to his face.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'd call him a bitch right to his face.
    There is a 0.0% chance you would call him a bitch to his face.

And if you actually did do that, you are a complete weirdo and he's twice the man you'd ever dream of being.

But I'd like to think I know you enough to know you aren't that big of a loser that you'd actually do that in real life and you're just trolling online.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 05-22-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

To be honest, it's a stupid debate. Who cares? There have been many, many great players in the NBA. Who is the greatest? Who gives an actual shit?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    To be honest, it's a stupid debate. Who cares? There have been many, many great players in the NBA. Who is the greatest? Who gives an actual shit?
    I mean, it's fun to debate. That's a lot of the fun of sports is you have your opinion on players and teams and I have mine and we can discuss/debate them.

It's when we get into this weirdo territory of calling the guy we don't like a "bitch" and acting like he wronged your family or something that it turns from a fun debate to just pure stupidity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I mean, it's fun to debate. That's a lot of the fun of sports is you have your opinion on players and teams and I have mine and we can discuss/debate them.

It's when we get into this weirdo territory of calling the guy we don't like a "bitch" and acting like he wronged your family or something that it turns from a fun debate to just pure stupidity.
    I get that, and for whatever reason, I've just never cared for Lebron. There's no real reason behind it - just a feeling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't know **** all about BB but I know this with absolute certainty, Lebron is not as good as MJ. It's just fact. It's like Bonds vs Ruth. Ruth is better. He just is.

Lebron is soft too. I'd call him a bitch right to his face.
    You’re a silly billy!

His upbringing, incredible work ethic, community outreach, and able to stay classy while undergoing being the most scrutinized American athlete ever make him not a bitch. That’s not what bitches do.

The physical toll of playing pro sports for twenty years while being hacked constantly means he’s not soft. The man has been beaten on so much it’s hilarious. Closest thing I’ve seen to Shaq being mauled at the rim.

I like

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The smartest thing MJ ever did in terms of his public image was be publicly apolitical. Never said anything controversial that turned anyone against him, so it made him universally liked. LeBron has been very active and outspoken on political and social issues, and has had the occasional misstep in that area especially when it comes to China, so that area of his persona is probably one big reason that such a large portion of the population seems to hate his guts. Won't delve further into that as this isn't the proper forum, but I think that plays a way bigger part in how both guys are discussed than many would like to admit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information