Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2023 Draft Thread 04/27-04/29

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Mims is a long-strider, which in a lot of cases means slow off the snap but not in this case. He's got sprinter sort of push off the ground to propel him right out the gate. Not what I would call a brilliant route runner (not really something OK cares about) and you'll notice most of his highlights involve straight outrunning dudes in fly patterns, but having a home-run guy is a good thing. His hands are good, he competes for every catch, and every time you get the ball in his hands he's trying to straight-line it to the end zone. Not a lot of juking - his slipperiness comes via sudden acceleration so he's not quite where you think he's gonna be on the angle you're taking.

My concerns are that he may not be an outside receiver again more vigorous press coverage and might not have the crispness for the slot routes (As well as it taking away his advantage on those deep balls) but
    if you're taking a DeSean Jackson sort of approach to what he can be then I'd say he's got a shot.

He'll make memorable plays, we just have to see how much field time he'll get to make them. Still think it's a solid pick the morning after. But then I thought Eddie Royal was a solid pick.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Mims is a long-strider, which in a lot of cases means slow off the snap but not in this case. He's got sprinter sort of push off the ground to propel him right out the gate. Not what I would call a brilliant route runner (not really something OK cares about) and you'll notice most of his highlights involve straight outrunning dudes in fly patterns, but having a home-run guy is a good thing. His hands are good, he competes for every catch, and every time you get the ball in his hands he's trying to straight-line it to the end zone. Not a lot of juking - his slipperiness comes via sudden acceleration so he's not quite where you think he's gonna be on the angle you're taking.

My concerns are that he may not be an outside receiver again more vigorous press coverage and might not have the crispness for the slot routes (As well as it taking away his advantage on those deep balls) but
    if you're taking a DeSean Jackson sort of approach to what he can be then I'd say he's got a shot.

He'll make memorable plays, we just have to see how much field time he'll get to make them. Still think it's a solid pick the morning after. But then I thought Eddie Royal was a solid pick.
    It's all about the coaching and what he can become I guess. We shall see!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

And the rich get richer. Iggles got De'Andre Swift for a 4th rounder next year. If he stays healthy, he will be freakin' electric in that offense. With that O-line, Hurts drawing extra attention, plus Brown and Smith keeping safeties out of the box? Damn they got weapons.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Very cool of the NFL to do this, i think Davis would have been something really special had this tragedy not happen.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ored-nfl-draft

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	343793908_1332875263957030_1459306777491491235_n.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	21320
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

S JL Skinner

Skinner is a 2nd-3rd round talent. He dropped because he tore his pec a couple of days before the combine. I'm not sure if he'll even play this season, but the value is still ridiculously good in the 6th.

13. The Following 8 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

JL Skinner huh? Interesting guy, almost too tall. IMO if he'd been healthy for the Senior Bowl and the Combine he'd have gone higher, because he would have done well in both places, but I didn't watch a lot of Boise St this year. Has a safety's eyes - good read and react guy but last year at least would definitely bite on play-action or misdirection - but I'm not sure he always gets the best jump he can. Wanna see him in a pro weight room, it helped Justin Simmons. but I do think Skinner needs to get stronger because he's not strictly a cover safety cuz he ain't just a big corner.

Should be good for special teams while we figure out where exactly he's at after his injuries and how fast he can learn.
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Skinner is a 2nd-3rd round talent. He dropped because he tore his pec a couple of days before the combine. I'm not sure if he'll even play this season, but the value is still ridiculously good in the 6th.
    See Ziggy knows what's up lol. Skinner really does feel like an attempt to replicate Simmons to me, who did go in the 3rd.
    -- James Dean

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

We just traded out of the 6th and picked up Adam Trautman and a 7th.

19. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Broncos trade back and/or traded for Adam Trautman.

Edit: Got back pick 257

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Booooooo

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

That's fine. Denver needs to clean up in undrafted free agency anyway but it's hard to get a TE you know will fit your offense that way. Now they have one with 2 years of bonafides with the head coach and it cost them a few spots at the end of the draft. 6th and 7th round picks are normally to lock in guys you would target in UDFA (or grab guys that fell like with JL). Now grab the guy you're not sure you can grab in UDFA in the 7th and then go grab guys to compete for the roster after the draft is over.
    -- James Dean

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

If skinner puts on 10-15 lbs he will be a true hybrid safety/Lb. More to cover short zones and those pesky TE’s

I can buy into that pick considering where we got him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    If skinner puts on 10-15 lbs he will be a true hybrid safety/Lb. More to cover short zones and those pesky TE’s

I can buy into that pick considering where we got him.
    Skinner is another absolute steal, he’s a 3rd round prospect and only because he couldn’t workout before the draft. Don’t pack on weight, imo, leave him alone.

He would’ve been a 3rd round pick had he declared for the ‘22 draft.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

27. The Following 7 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information