Poll: What type of stadium should the owners build?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What style stadium should ownership build?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That and no taxpayer funding. The owners don’t need your help.
    The other 31 owners would be furious at them because then tax payers everywhere will demand the same for their own teams.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The other 31 owners would be furious at them because then tax payers everywhere will demand the same for their own teams.
    Walton's cousin-in-law, Kroenke, privately funded the $5 billion Sofi. I know Sofi wasn't the first, there are others.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I completely reject this assumption. The idea that 2 prestige events that maybe happen once per decade are the primary driver of profitability considerations doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Is it a nice aspirational goal? Yes. Should it be the primer driver of design? That's crazy to me, especially in a city that is known for the outdoors and its sunshine.
    Disagree.

The Superbowl is a singular global event. To host one is mammoth.

https://lerner.udel.edu/seeing-oppor...he-super-bowl/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Also. Ego. Is this Rome, or just some satellite city?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I know the crowd has changed already, it’s one reason I stopped going . . . These aren’t “my people”. I get rowdy, loud and vulgar. If you don’t want your kids to hear those words then don’t take them to a game, if you can’t see then stand up too, that’s how I feel.

That’s frowned upon now.

When Jake Plummer was flipping off the fans, that’s my kind of crowd.

Now it’s a bunch of Karen’s sipping their wine and sitting on their fat asses.
    Exhibit A!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Disagree.

The Superbowl is a singular global event. To host one is mammoth.
    Only if you wanna hang out with the cool kids.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Only if you wanna hang out with the cool kids.
    Totally overrated. The cool kids are just dumb kids!!

The retractable roof is the obvious choice. I can’t understand why anyone would be opposed to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

The retractable roof is the obvious choice. I can’t understand why anyone would be opposed to this.
    There are no rooves (roofs, rufuses??? --- English is so confusing) in football!!!

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I completely reject this assumption. The idea that 2 prestige events that maybe happen once per decade are the primary driver of profitability considerations doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Is it a nice aspirational goal? Yes. Should it be the primer driver of design? That's crazy to me, especially in a city that is known for the outdoors and its sunshine.

I agree with you as to my own personal preference. I love the elements being a factor. I like having the stadium/game outdoors.

But, if the decision is whether or not to build a NEW stadium. Well, we have a great outdoor stadium now. Spending $1 billion for ANOTHER outdoor stadium that could only marginally improve on the current facility is going to make a return on investment very difficult vs. investing in the current stadium that's already there.

In my opinion, the only way to justify spending on a new stadium is with the intent of building something that can attract events the current stadium cannot.

If our primary purpose for the stadium is for Broncos games that are open to the elements, then the decision is to invest in upgrading the current stadium in reasonable ways. There's just no justification for a new outdoor stadium that can only marginally improve on what is there right now.

Personally, I'm fine sticking with the current stadium. I like the outdoor Mile High atmosphere. But I recognize that if the powers that be decide to build a new one, outdoor games are probably down the list of priorities if they're trying to recoup the investment.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I agree with you as to my own personal preference. I love the elements being a factor. I like having the stadium/game outdoors.

But, if the decision is whether or not to build a NEW stadium. Well, we have a great outdoor stadium now. Spending $1 billion for ANOTHER outdoor stadium that could only marginally improve on the current facility is going to make a return on investment very difficult vs. investing in the current stadium that's already there.

In my opinion, the only way to justify spending on a new stadium is with the intent of building something that can attract events the current stadium cannot.

If our primary purpose for the stadium is for Broncos games that are open to the elements, then the decision is to invest in upgrading the current stadium in reasonable ways. There's just no justification for a new outdoor stadium that can only marginally improve on what is there right now.

Personally, I'm fine sticking with the current stadium. I like the outdoor Mile High atmosphere. But I recognize that if the powers that be decide to build a new one, outdoor games are probably down the list of priorities if they're trying to recoup the investment.
    Sounds like they already committed to investing $100 million short term in upgrading the current stadium, while still looking at a possible replacement.

Maybe they are worried about getting crap at the holidays for not having the nicest stadium in the family.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Because I don't want it?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

I was too hung up on "Super Bowl/Final Four" but I agree that only a covered stadium is going to allow them to maximize revenues year round. And hearing some comments from Penner today, I think he alludes to different roofs, and it would seem that's the only thing that would make sense from an investment standpoint...

That said, there are some elements of the current stadium that are better than others. The proximity of stands to field is the best... But there are not enough bathrooms or concessions - and the south stands are pretty lacking all the way around.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Real NFL team plays outdoor!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information