Poll: What type of stadium should the owners build?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What style stadium should ownership build?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I have a buddy with season tickets and the second the Walmart’s bought the Broncos he was so stoked because they were gonna build him a new stadium because he’s sick of being cold once or twice a season. That’s the most entitled bunch of shit I’ve ever heard, and I hate the Walmart’s.

Without SB’s and Final Fours there is absolutely zero reason to build a new stadium. Once they build the new stadium ordinary fans can forget about going to games because it will be out of their tax bracket.

Home field advantage will be gone forever without normal people in stands.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-25-2023 at 01:53 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Because otherwise it's an unnecessary expense. The Waltons aren't running a charity. If they are going to build a new stadium, it's going to be with an eye on generating enough revenue to justify the cost.

Like, if the only goal is to host Broncos games and a few concerts in the summer, this one already does that well enough, so why build a new one? You're building a new one to get access to the kinds of events that you'd currently be unable to host with an open air stadium in a cold weather city.
    Exactly.

There is a 15+ year waiting list for season tickets and even club level has a several year wait-list.

They don't need a new stadium to sell tickets to broncos games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I have a buddy with season tickets and the second the Walmart’s bought the Broncos he was so stoked because they were gonna build him a new stadium because he’s sick of being cold once or twice a season. That’s the most entitled bunch of shit I’ve ever heard, and I hate the Walmart’s.

Without SB’s and Final Fours there is absolutely zero reason to build a new stadium. Once they build the new stadium ordinary fans can forget about going to games because it will be out of their tax bracket.

The secondary market has long since priced average income fans from going to games.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Not only are tickets expensive, but between parking, concessions, etc , it's REALLY expensive to take a family to a game.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The secondary market has long since priced average income fans from going to games.
    It can get worse, I don’t see how it won’t get even worse.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I know the crowd has changed already, it’s one reason I stopped going . . . These aren’t “my people”. I get rowdy, loud and vulgar. If you don’t want your kids to hear those words then don’t take them to a game, if you can’t see then stand up too, that’s how I feel.

That’s frowned upon now.

When Jake Plummer was flipping off the fans, that’s my kind of crowd.

Now it’s a bunch of Karen’s sipping their wine and sitting on their fat asses.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I know the crowd has changed already, it’s one reason I stopped going . . . These aren’t “my people”. I get rowdy, loud and vulgar. If you don’t want your kids to hear those words then don’t take them to a game, if you can’t see then stand up too, that’s how I feel.

That’s frowned upon now.

When Jake Plummer was flipping off the fans, that’s my kind of crowd.

Now it’s a bunch of Karen’s sipping their wine and sitting on their fat asses.
    No, it’s really not. I’ve been at least once per year for a very long time now, covid season the exception. The crowd is still plenty rowdy, stomping, most people standing etc.

Vulgar? No need for that regularly and nobody would bat an eye at an F bomb on an INT, etc. However, if you can’t control yourself in public you’re the problem, not the children

Stadiums that weren’t at all rowdy are what was known as Qualcomm, Phoenix, and even the Superdome. Rowdiest
    I’ve been in was Seattle and Mile High isn’t far behind. Is it as rowdy as the original Mile High? No, but it doesn’t need to be. .

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

I like this stadium...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Whether they build a new stadium or not I hope they keep that aspect. No matter where you sit in mile high you feel pretty close as the stadium is STEEP.

That and no taxpayer funding. The owners don’t need your help.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Because otherwise it's an unnecessary expense. The Waltons aren't running a charity. If they are going to build a new stadium, it's going to be with an eye on generating enough revenue to justify the cost.

Like, if the only goal is to host Broncos games and a few concerts in the summer, this one already does that well enough, so why build a new one? You're building a new one to get access to the kinds of events that you'd currently be unable to host with an open air stadium in a cold weather city.
    I completely reject this assumption. The idea that 2 prestige events that maybe happen once per decade are the primary driver of profitability considerations doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Is it a nice aspirational goal? Yes. Should it be the primer driver of design? That's crazy to me, especially in a city that is known for the outdoors and its sunshine.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I completely reject this assumption. The idea that 2 prestige events that maybe happen once per decade are the primary driver of profitability considerations doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Is it a nice aspirational goal? Yes. Should it be the primer driver of design? That's crazy to me, especially in a city that is known for the outdoors and its sunshine.
    Those aren't the only two things, they are just the biggest examples. There are all kinds of indoor events these stadiums could hold throughout the year. Lets you have concert, festivals, conventions, and any other type of huge event outside the summer months as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Those aren't the only two things, they are just the biggest examples. There are all kinds of indoor events these stadiums could hold throughout the year. Lets you have concert, festivals, conventions, and any other type of huge event outside the summer months as well.
    Yeah, fair enough, I will give you "winter event" revenues that aren't currently possible... I'd just hate it if we were robbed of snow/rain games. They are one of the best parts about football.

21. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, fair enough, I will give you "winter event" revenues that aren't currently possible... I'd just hate it if we were robbed of snow/rain games. They are one of the best parts about football.
    I don't disagree, but I think within the next few decades those will mostly be phased out of the NFL, because cold weather city owners want the revenue they are missing out on for those months. Just one of those things we'll probably have to accept as a new reality.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No, it’s really not. I’ve been at least once per year for a very long time now, covid season the exception. The crowd is still plenty rowdy, stomping, most people standing etc.

Vulgar? No need for that regularly and nobody would bat an eye at an F bomb on an INT, etc. However, if you can’t control yourself in public you’re the problem, not the children

Stadiums that weren’t at all rowdy are what was known as Qualcomm, Phoenix, and even the Superdome. Rowdiest
    I’ve been in was Seattle and Mile High isn’t far behind. Is it as rowdy as the original Mile High? No, but it doesn’t need to be. .
    Yeah, I’m the problem. Always have been.

Next you’ll complain about how we’re raising a generation of *****’s.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information