Thread: Lynyrd Skynyrd - GAH Week 19 - 3.18.23

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Lynyrd Skynyrd - GAH Week 19 - 3.18.23

Driving south from Boston to the Florida swamps this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Don't do them dirty abe. This is a legit band.

This is absurd musicianship. There's a reason why Freebird is Freebird.

Guitars maybe never did anything better than this. No shit.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Jfc.

Freebird.

Let's actually honor a damn fine landmark song.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So here's the deal.

Immediately, I know LS > Aerosmith. They are an elite great band.

It feels like a vote for LS is easily mistaken as a vote for a rebel flag or some shit. Is it? I always felt like southern bands like Skynyrd and Allman brothers were way more anti-racist than northern bands. That's my impression.

Beyond all of that. I see LS as a guitar jam band--best seen live--but with more stink on their songs than a Journey or Aerosmith. More frenetic, driving, energetic, quasi-punk pocket playing.

I don't want this band done dirty or dismissed.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

They are a solid band, I will say. In the conversation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The conversation on this one has been absurdly muted.

It might be time to wrap this up. Not as in "take my toys and go home" but as in "ok, I'm tapping out."

Because I've been listening to entire LS albums and this is a legit contender. But I'm sorta flagging. I can't put myself in that state of disbelief after working so hard to realize RHCP is my pick.

I might need to take a breather.

I think I will. I'll sorta tie a knot on the GAH quest for now and do some housekeeping.

But these dudes here, they are funky dudes. This is the real music. Yeah, it's blues rock. It's a little bit pigeonholed.

But otoh, they use that central theme to run the gamut of all musical styles. They are way more intellectual and prog and plain ABLE as musicians compared to a ton of these other GAH bands.

I'll leave with a parting song...my fav LS deep cut. If there was ever a song worth the description "it slaps".... this one.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Fun fact: when I first saw this thread late at night I read about the history of Lynyrd Skynyrd and it creeped me the **** out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Fun fact: when I first saw this thread late at night I read about the history of Lynyrd Skynyrd and it creeped me the **** out.
    wiki? if not, link por fav

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    wiki? if not, link por fav
    Just a wiki trail of all of the band members, how they died, or how they survived to tell the gruesome story about the plane crash, etc.

12. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information