Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No surviving: Vance Joseph new Defensive Coordinator

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Default No surviving: Vance Joseph new Defensive Coordinator

BREAKING!!!
    Wednesday practices are back on the menu folks!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm far too humble to gloat about being right so I won't do that! I guess we just have to hope that VJ wasn't the problem in AZ and will keep the defense up to the standard we are used to.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Our practices will be legendary. This team needs to be on Amazon All of Nothing. I have never been so hype for Wednesday practice.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

It's possible Rex Ryan wasn't serious about becoming a DC and just wanted contract leverage with ESPN to stay in the news. Matt Patricia is TERRIBLE and by all accounts a terrible human being to have in an NFL locker room, so if it was Patricia or VJ I would much rather have VJ. Desai would have been a good hire but head coaches got to sink or swim with who they trust. VJ was not as good as Fangio, but he seemed more willing to adapt his scheme to his players. VJ also isn't actively badmouthed by players the way that Patricia is, there at least seems to be some respect for him.

I think things will be okay.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Oof. This doesn't please me. Here's hoping our D plays AT LEAST as well as they did with him as HC but hopefully better. If he's still here in 3 years it's either working or Payton doesn't like to fire people!

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    It's possible Rex Ryan wasn't serious about becoming a DC and just wanted contract leverage with ESPN to stay in the news. Matt Patricia is TERRIBLE and by all accounts a terrible human being to have in an NFL locker room, so if it was Patricia or VJ I would much rather have VJ. Desai would have been a good hire but head coaches got to sink or swim with who they trust. VJ was not as good as Fangio, but he seemed more willing to adapt his scheme to his players. VJ also isn't actively badmouthed by players the way that Patricia is, there at least seems to be some respect for him.

I feel like VJ will be an ok coach, not a complete disaster like Patricia, but I don't expect we'll keep seeing the top 5 type defenses we were used to under guys like Wade, Fangio, and Evero. But I suppose we will see.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

The players really did seem to like VJ, so I guess there's that. I think Desai was probably my preferred candidate out of those we know interviewed but, then again, I'm not a coach or GM so my opinion means very little as a fan. Results need to follow.

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I guess if Payton really is able to deliver a top 5 type offense like he typically did in New Orleans, and VJ can keep the defense middle of the pack, we can live with that. Pressure really will be on the offense now to live up to that though. Can't expect the D to keep carrying the team anymore.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I feel like VJ will be an ok coach, not a complete disaster like Patricia, but I don't expect we'll keep seeing the top 5 type defenses we were used to under guys like Wade, Fangio, and Evero. But I suppose we will see.
    Agreed. Personally I have no expectations of a top 5 D, I would LOVE top 10, but will lose my shit if we're worse than 15.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I guess if Payton really is able to deliver a top 5 type offense like he typically did in New Orleans, and VJ can keep the defense middle of the pack, we can live with that. Pressure really will be on the offense now to live up to that though. Can't expect the D to keep carrying the team anymore.
    Yeah, fully aligned here. If we can get a top 5 and middle or better D we will be a contender. Top 5 O and top 10 D? Maybe too much to expect?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Agreed. Personally I have no expectations of a top 5 D, I would LOVE top 10, but will lose my shit if we're worse than 15.
    Yeah given the talent on this defense, anything less than being in the 10-15 range will be a disaster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yeah given the talent on this defense, anything less than being in the 10-15 range will be a disaster.
    Let's just hope they can stay healthy this year!

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Let's just hope they can stay healthy this year!
    Hopefully shooting the old strength and conditioning and training staffs into the sun will help with that.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Hopefully shooting the old strength and conditioning and training staffs into the sun will help with that.
    I don't remember VJ's teams having as many injuries during his run here. It's probably because the practices were so intense that they kept the players in great shape! With VJ back, we won't have as many injuries due to our great weeks of practice.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information