Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl LVII Game Day Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Elway was magic . I’m not taking anything from Mahomie, he’s an awesome QB, but Elway was something special.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    So how was it?

I heard the refs basically have it to them at the end. Yeah, the NFL is a joke.
    It wasn't the same without you.

That call was big dogshit energy.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Also for Reid: this guy was a monster when defense dominated football and defenders could get away with murder; the rules favoring defense were as one sided as the rules are today for offense. Now that he gets to play with the rules favoring him it’s brutal.

I will say this for Hurts: he was basically their running game. I can’t think of too many big plays by their backs.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The real story was the Chiefs defense. While they have been good this year the Eagles defense had actually been much better but that wasnt the story last night.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The real story was the Chiefs defense. While they have been good this year the Eagles defense had actually been much better but that wasnt the story last night.
    At least in the second half

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Eagles CB cops to holding: Was hoping officials would let it go

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Philadelphia Eagles cornerback James Bradberry took responsibility for a questionable holding call late in Super Bowl LVII on Sunday that helped swing the game in the Kansas City Chiefs' favor.

"I was hoping he would let it go, but of course he's a ref, it was a big game," Bradberry said after the Eagles' 38-35 loss. "It was a hold, so they called it."

The Chiefs were facing a third-and-8 from Philadelphia's 15-yard line with just under two minutes to play and the game tied 35-35. Bradberry appeared to put his hand on receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster at the top of his route and was whistled for defensive holding.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ping-let-slide

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Classic. Retiring after a SB with beer in hand!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    He should admit it, he did hold, but he was also pushed. At best it should’ve a no call and at worst offsetting do over

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He should admit it, he did hold, but he was also pushed. At best it should’ve a no call and at worst offsetting do over
    Also, he probably felt safe grabbing there because he knew the refs had literally not called it once all game. That's my biggest issue here. You can't let them play and get handsy all game then in the biggest moment possible decide to throw the flag.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Also, he probably felt safe grabbing there because he knew the refs had literally not called it once all game. That's my biggest issue here. You can't let them play and get handsy all game then in the biggest moment possible decide to throw the flag.
    Almost a carbon copy of how last year's SB ended.
    Zebras let them play for 58 minutes then called that phantom PI in the end zone.
    It's getting harder and harder to ignore the conspiracy theories when shit like this happens.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The Bengals didn't get screwed in last year's SB. They were literally gifted a TD on an OPI, held Donald all game, and had ref help on not just a missed call the play before the holding call you hate, but a TD taken off the board from L.A. because of a phantom holding call.

Philly got burnt on a bad call. However, they wasted a timeout to stop a delay of game call, gave up a fumble-six, got murdered in the second half and gave up points to the Chiefs in each drive. You can also argue KC got hosed on the Goedert challenge where he arguably bobbled the ball and only got one foot down, and some are arguing the negated fumble-six was an actual catch. I don't believe those last two, but that's been in the discussion spectrum today. Philly also botched a punt and gave up a long return; their special teams have been ass all year.

Let's not get too carried away and act like it was a robbery. It was a really bad call. It didn't determine the game; you can't get slapped an entire half of football and point to a call, especially if it's technically correct. And, let's also be honest: there was a blatant PI missed involving JuJu earlier in the game on third down.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Bonus point: KC burned Philly on that exact same route twice before. Of course he held there; he didn't want to get burned again. That call does take the luster off of a great SB, but KC won the SB fair and square.

22. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The Bengals didn't get screwed in last year's SB. They were literally gifted a TD on an OPI, held Donald all game, and had ref help on not just a missed call the play before the holding call you hate, but a TD taken off the board from L.A. because of a phantom holding call.

Philly got burnt on a bad call. However, they wasted a timeout to stop a delay of game call, gave up a fumble-six, got murdered in the second half and gave up points to the Chiefs in each drive. You can also argue KC got hosed on the Goedert challenge where he arguably bobbled the ball and only got one foot down, and some are arguing the negated fumble-six was an actual catch. I don't believe those last two, but that's been in the discussion spectrum today. Philly also botched a punt and gave up a long return; their special teams have been ass all year.

Let's not get too carried away and act like it was a robbery. It was a really bad call. It didn't determine the game; you can't get slapped an entire half of football and point to a call, especially if it's technically correct. And, let's also be honest: there was a blatant PI missed involving JuJu earlier in the game on third down.
    My beef with the call isn't that it cost Philly the game. I agree that's not why they lost. My beef is that it robbed the fans of a chance for a great finish to one of the best super bowls ever. It just made the ending completely anticlimactic.

This game would have been the perfect case of a rule I've wanted the NFL to put in for a long time. If you're leading in the last 2 minutes and have the ball, the clock only keeps running if you gain yards. It's so lame that you can kill the last two minutes on kneeling. Make the team keep playing! And if they are good enough to gain yards, so be it, the game ends.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

My beef with the call isn't that it cost Philly the game. I agree that's not why they lost. My beef is that it robbed the fans of a chance for a great finish to one of the best super bowls ever. It just made the ending completely anticlimactic.

This game would have been the perfect case of a rule I've wanted the NFL to put in for a long time. If you're leading in the last 2 minutes and have the ball, the clock only keeps running if you gain yards. It's so lame that you can kill the last two minutes on kneeling. Make the team keep playing! And if they are good enough to gain yards, so be it, the game ends.
    I wanted to see Hurts get the ball back with about a minute and at least one timeout. That man was cooking. He was a God. Imagine him scoring a touchdown and then converting a 2 pt conversion to win it all. That's the best SB moment ever. He's a legend no matter what. It sucked. That call sucked. It was a call that shouldn't have been made and I hate it. I'm just pushing back on the "omfg the game is rigged," and other hyperbole.

That rule would be a lot of fun.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If the Eagles hold KC there to a FG instead of getting more time off the clock i would have liked to see what Hurts and the Eagles could have done with a couple of minutes left.

27. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information