Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your lifetime "most listened" albums

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I love this.
    I take a lot of shit for my love of Dave Matthews Band, so this probably is pissing in the wind here. However, for anyone who is DMB curious, the two albums listed first there, "DMB, Live at Red Rocks - 08-15-95", and "Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, Live at Luther College - 02-06-96" are the albums I always direct folks to and by far are my most listened to albums of all time.

The band & Dave weren't big yet, and they weren't as polished as they'd get later, but those albums capture his music best. It's earlier stuff, but imo their stuff pre-2005 is their absolute best.

Also, they are to me, a completely different band live. If you're not listening to them live you're wasting time.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Some of mine didn't render, but I bet you will NEVER guess what decade I was a teenager! lol

Also I swear I have other musical interests and artists I like, but if the assignment is I can do a Jeopardy board of any album, these would be the ones:

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FoDzdGmXEAU4McU.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	21221

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I take a lot of shit for my love of Dave Matthews Band, so this probably is pissing in the wind here. However, for anyone who is DMB curious, the two albums listed first there, "DMB, Live at Red Rocks - 08-15-95", and "Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, Live at Luther College - 02-06-96" are the albums I always direct folks to and by far are my most listened to albums of all time.

The band & Dave weren't big yet, and they weren't as polished as they'd get later, but those albums capture his music best. It's earlier stuff, but imo their stuff pre-2005 is their absolute best.

Also, they are to me, a completely different band live. If you're not listening to them live you're wasting time.
    I don't HATE DMB, but them and Barenaked Ladies were on my "don't care for" list until I saw them separate times at Red Rocks (because I won't turn down any concert there) and something about live music makes those types of bands better.

Or maybe it was the altitude, weed cloud, and beer!

If they come on the radio though, thats a different story...

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I could put Crash on a most-listened list of some number--it's on my top 100 I think.

Then I sorta went away from DMB. But my buddy who is a drummer and into Rush is a huge Sting and DMB fan. He's into live music, and talented musicians. He's made me come back to DMB and I'm glad for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I could put Crash on a most-listened list of some number--it's on my top 100 I think.

Then I sorta went away from DMB. But my buddy who is a drummer and into Rush is a huge Sting and DMB fan. He's into live music, and talented musicians. He's made me come back to DMB and I'm glad for it.

When I go see DMB live, I go to the restroom and get a fresh beer if they play Crash. It's fine, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything if I miss that one.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

DMB is good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Crash into me is great but i love Satellite a lot too. NTL is right though, i saw a concert on Pluto or something a few years a back and they put on a an amazing live show. They actually were around at the time my best friend was attending UVA as that is their original neck of the woods.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Multiple Billy Joel albums. Probably the only artist I would listen to the same tapes (then CDs) over and over.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    When I go see DMB live, I go to the restroom and get a fresh beer if they play Crash. It's fine, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything if I miss that one.
    The album or song?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I did forget to put The Police- Sychronicity on my list. That is a fantastic album as well.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The album or song?
    The song.

Two Step (from Crash album) on the other hand is my all-time favorite and I'd never miss it.

Here, from a show I was actually at in Dallas with Bela Fleck as the opening act:

If you've got the time, check it out for Victor Wooten's (Flecktone's bassist) and Bela Fleck's solos in the middle of a DMB signature live song.

Now I've gone and done it. I apologize for totally hijacking your thread with DMB.

22. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    DMB is good.
    I just threw up a little.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

24. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I just threw up a little.
    Not a fan huh? That surprises me a little bit.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I will gladly join Chazoe on the DMB hatewagon.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information