Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Payton will be new head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Default Sean Payton will be new head coach

Adam Schefter reports it will be Sean Payton. 2023 first. 2024 second. Broncos get a 2024 3rd back from New Orleans.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Broncos Hiring Sean Payton as Head Coach

Last edited by Buff; 01-31-2023 at 05:04 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think that's a little too much compensation but we'll see I guess. Worth it if he can resurrect Russ and we win. Hopefully he's still got the magic touch!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Yeah baby!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

It’s official so happy I’m shocked I thought the Sean Payton to Denver ship sailed weeks ago happy to be proven wrong. Amazing hire Denver got best coach they possibly could this off season. I’m ecstatic this hire greatly improves the offense day 1.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Chillez For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Roby

Absolutely love the hire…. hate the trade. We could not afford to give up this years 1st with this dreadful offensive line.
    I guess I’ll be optimistic because Sean Payton is truly an offensive genius but that 1st was way too valuable

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tebowtime2011 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

There are a few things I've liked about Payton all along - he's a Bill Parcells guy, he's an offensive innovator, and he's got that CEO polish that we haven't had since Shanahan.

He was on the Russillo show last month and I gleaned a couple of insights from that which I appreciated - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000590197592

He talked about how his offense evolved over the 15 years he was in New Orleans based on the talent they had. It took on different forms based on their talent.

He also talked about how he liked to do weekly cut ups of all the TDs scored around the league to see what different wrinkles they could fold in to stay innovative.

14. The Following 10 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think that's a little too much compensation but we'll see I guess. Worth it if he can resurrect Russ and we win. Hopefully he's still got the magic touch!
    I think he will resurrect Wilson career if he can’t nobody can in my opinion it’s worth the gamble and Sean Payton is top tier head coach an elite one Denver desperately needed.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Chillez For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tebowtime2011 View Post
    Absolutely love the hire…. hate the trade. We could not afford to give up this years 1st with this dreadful offensive line.
    I guess I’ll be optimistic because Sean Payton is truly an offensive genius but that 1st was way too valuable
    It sucks but to get top tier coaching of players you have to big up assets it’s worth it every single time.

Hope he brings back Munchak to cover for not having a draft pick to build up the oline.

19. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Most years, there’s not a huge drop off from the 29th pick to second and third rounders anyway, plus I suspect there are a few free agents who are going to want to play for Sean Payton.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'll trust that Free Agency and the trainer's room will improve our Oline. Don't love the cost, but nothing comes free. I do like the coach overall. Hopefully he can right the ship

23. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I like that Denver gets 3rd rounder back from Saints for next year draft that’s nice. I expect to get some really good free agents to sign here now that Sean Payton is the new head coach.

25. The Following User High Fived Chillez For This Post:

I don't think Russell needs a Resurrecting, or fixing. I think the Broncos coaching staff and losing way needed a Resurrecting.

I expect a big year next year. I don't anticipate they'll need too much of an adjustment period.

I also figure chase Edmunds (for now, fa and draft will shape differently) will be the Darren sproles role. I also cannot effing wait to finally have rb screens esp in obvs blitz situations.

We can rejoice fellow friends
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

27. The Following 5 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information