Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Payton will be new head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The question is, would he want to stay even if Payton wanted him. Supposedly, he’s super loyal to Hackett and took it hard when Hackett got fired. It’s one of the reasons he refused the interim HC job. I think EE might want out regardless.
    Boost his salary for his troubles. He has to know that Hackett was a disaster and there won't be another opportunity to coordinate under him EVER again. Money changes moods

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Boost his salary for his troubles. He has to know that Hackett was a disaster and there won't be another opportunity to coordinate under him EVER again. Money changes moods
    True, but if you got hired by the same company as your buddy and then they fired him after less than a year, your personal feelings might get in the way of “business”, even if they offered you a little more money. Especially if there are other companies that desire your services and want to hire you, even for the same position. Yes, we “own” his rights and blocked him from interviewing to be a DC somewhere else, but I don’t see WPG trying to play hardball with Evero if he expresses a desire to leave by trying to force him to stay somewhere he doesn’t want to be. That’s total bad blood. I also don’t see another team giving anything of value for him as a DC.

It really depends on what EE wants and if Fangio wants to come back. If they’ve offered Fangio a deal and he accepts, EE is free. If EE wants to stay and coach for Payton, great but there a lot of moving parts just to say, let’s keep EE. Payton might not want EE and might look to find someone else if he can’t have Fangio.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by coachchaz View Post
    here's my problem with this...evero has been a dc for 1 year and is already getting hc interviews. So, if he doesn't land the colts or cards job this year, the odds are pretty good that if he has another successful year as our dc in 23...he'll be out the door. So, best case, if we keep evero, we have him for one year and then have to find another dc.

With fangio, i think he dipped his toe into head coaching and is perfectly content being just a dc now. So, we wouldn't have to worry about losing that consistency from one of the best dc's in the last 20 years. Having payton and fangio running these units for the next 5+ years? Sign me up.

^^^truth^^^

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis@mikeklis·7h

From Broncos Ring of Fame coach Mike Shanahan on hiring of Sean Payton:

“EIU Panther, that’s all you need to say! 😀 He will be able to adjust his offense and defense to the talents of his players! I believe he’s a natural leader as well. That’s already been proven.” #9sports

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

The question is, would he want to stay even if Payton wanted him. Supposedly, he’s super loyal to Hackett and took it hard when Hackett got fired. It’s one of the reasons he refused the interim HC job. I think EE might want out regardless.
    Yeah something tells me Evero wants to move on he was extremely loyal to Hackett and after his firing he refused to take the interim HC job. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's gone from Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Stolen from twitter:

How about Drew Brees for OC?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Anyway, I'll see you guys in the drunk & bored thread...

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Stolen from twitter:

Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Stolen from twitter:

Eh idk how I would feel about it I would pass on Bress for now until he proves himself more as far as coaching goes.

3 1's and 3 2's along with Lock, Harris, Fant, Chubb. For Wilson, Payton, and a 3rd. And, Payton still has a job? Haha. They should be better next year, but that's a lot of depth given away.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by hamrob View Post
    3 1's and 3 2's along with Lock, Harris, Fant, Chubb. For Wilson, Payton, and a 3rd. And, Payton still has a job? Haha. They should be better next year, but that's a lot of depth given away.
    We could’ve had Orton for less, amirite?

Give me Lock! Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

For everyone still worried about the draft compensation, remind me which 1st round picks we’ve had that lived up to their draft status and were franchise type players not named Von Miller or maybe PS2 (is looking like he’s on track)… So, 2 in the last 15 years or so?

This franchise, like most, blows high draft picks on players who don’t live up to them all the time. I honestly do t care that much about draft picks. Who were we gonna draft at 29 this year who was gonna have more of an effect on this franchise than Sean Payton?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

For everyone still worried about the draft compensation, remind me which 1st round picks we’ve had that lived up to their draft status and were franchise type players not named Von Miller or maybe PS2 (is looking like he’s on track)… So, 2 in the last 15 years or so?

This franchise, like most, blows high draft picks on players who don’t live up to them all the time. I honestly do t care that much about draft picks. Who were we gonna draft at 29 this year who was gonna have more of an effect on this franchise than Sean Payton?
    What effect is Sean Payton going to have?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    What effect is Sean Payton going to have?
    Reverb, plate.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information