Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Payton will be new head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I still wonder what could have been with Cutler though. He obviously was intelligent having played at vanderbilt. He was engaged when he was playing for Shanahan and really seemed to have a close relationship with bates. That one really frustrated me because you're talking about a guy who could throw the ball just about as well as anyone who's ever played the game. He wasn't above average athlete really underrated until he got just destroyed playing for the bears.

2. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I still wonder what could have been with Cutler though. He obviously was intelligent having played at vanderbilt. He was engaged when he was playing for Shanahan and really seemed to have a close relationship with bates. That one really frustrated me because you're talking about a guy who could throw the ball just about as well as anyone who's ever played the game. He wasn't above average athlete really underrated until he got just destroyed playing for the bears.
    I think he just wasn't 100% committed to the grind of being an NFL QB. You see guys like Manning or Brady or Rodgers, those dudes are just hyper competitive to their core and are obsessed with football. I don't think Cutler was that. Great athlete, no doubt, I just don't think his heart was 100% in it.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think he just wasn't 100% committed to the grind of being an NFL QB. You see guys like Manning or Brady or Rodgers, those dudes are just hyper competitive to their core and are obsessed with football. I don't think Cutler was that. Great athlete, no doubt, I just don't think his heart was 100% in it.
    Well I feel like the impact of bad coaching and the relationship with McDaniels may have led to that. So getting to the point where you're like damn I'm tired of getting hit in the mouth every time I drop back. I'm tired of having poor offensive line play and guys that are on my roster at receiver that couldn't make anybody else's roster.

This is different and it's personal perspective but I grew up in a basketball family that went to the AAU National tournament every year went to the BCI National tournament every year I played basketball on travel teams in the Philippines and australia. And it's crazy cuz I literally just was talking about this this morning with a friend at breakfast. I had a horrible coach the last two years that I played and I don't even enjoy playing ball anymore and it was my passion I always had a basketball when I was growing up. Some people aren't fazed by that kind of stuff but I still say he was thriving with Shanahan and Bates and then just went off the deep end when he got traded. We never saw any of that attitude from him in the two years that he was playing for shanahan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

As a quick follow-up I thought this. But he threw for $4,500 yards as a third year player. He never came within 500 yards of that number the rest of his career. He loved bates. He loved shanahan. And I just think that there was an emotional component from him that after dealing with Josh McDaniels and then the travesty that was Chicago he just did give up on caring.

7. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well I feel like the impact of bad coaching and the relationship with McDaniels may have led to that. So getting to the point where you're like damn I'm tired of getting hit in the mouth every time I drop back. I'm tired of having poor offensive line play and guys that are on my roster at receiver that couldn't make anybody else's roster.

This is different and it's personal perspective but I grew up in a basketball family that went to the AAU National tournament every year went to the BCI National tournament every year I played basketball on travel teams in the Philippines and australia. And it's crazy cuz I literally just was talking about this this morning with a friend at breakfast. I had a horrible coach the last two years that I played and I don't even enjoy playing ball anymore and it was my passion I always had a basketball when I was growing up. Some people aren't fazed by that kind of stuff but I still say he was thriving with Shanahan and Bates and then just went off the deep end when he got traded. We never saw any of that attitude from him in the two years that he was playing for shanahan.
    Cutler never actually played for McDaniels, so I don't see how that relationship should have had much of an impact on his career.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As a quick follow-up I thought this. But he threw for $4,500 yards as a third year player. He never came within 500 yards of that number the rest of his career. He loved bates. He loved shanahan. And I just think that there was an emotional component from him that after dealing with Josh McDaniels and then the travesty that was Chicago he just did give up on caring.
    Honestly, that's on him then. Plenty of great QBs have done fine through coaching changes and have played well through adversity. If the first bit of adversity sent Cutler that much off the deep end, you have to wonder how good he ever really was and if he was just a product of a Shanahan offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Dude a third year player threw for the fourth most yards of any quarterback in any season in Broncos history. The only guy that ever threw for more than him in a season was Manning. Saying he was just a product of the system is a pretty big overstatement. It's the most yards that any quarterback that has ever played for Mike Shanahan has thrown for in a season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Dude a third year player threw for the fourth most yards of any quarterback in any season in Broncos history. The only guy that ever threw for more than him in a season was Manning. Saying he was just a product of the system is a pretty big overstatement. It's the most yards that any quarterback that has ever played for Mike Shanahan has thrown for in a season.
    Total yards are a fairly meaningless stat to me. How many passes did he throw?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So instead of being, well you, maybe you could complete the facts and make a case for something. I know it’s asking a lot, it’s so much easier to say everyone else is wrong and stomp your feet than actually make a compelling argument
    I have no interest in completing someone else’s homework. Zero.

You’re the ones making an argument, I simply said that Case Bedweter is a detriment to a team without a starting QB.

You’re the ones stomping your feet.

“Hello! You play to win the game!”
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-31-2023 at 06:34 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“8-8 is a waste of time”— Me

“Erroneous!”—You
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    “8-8 is a waste of time”— Me

“Erroneous!”—You
    8-8 led to us acquiring the QB who won us our last SB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Good grief.

Cutler is a pouty little ho. That dude will never be successful at anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Good grief.

Cutler is a pouty little ho. That dude will never be successful at anything.
    Dude folded like a lawn chair the second he faced any adversity in his career.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I have no interest in completing someone else’s homework. Zero.

You’re the ones making an argument, I simply said that Case Bedweter is a detriment to a team without a starting QB.

You’re the ones stomping your feet.

“Hello! You play to win the game!”
    You are the only one in here stomping your feet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Dude folded like a lawn chair the second he faced any adversity in his career.
    He had the talent, but lacked the heart.

Kinda reminds me of Jaded!!!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information