Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Free Agency

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Just about every move that Denver has made has been about one thing. "We are going to come out and run the ball down your throat." I love it. Time to get back to old school football with some modern concepts as toppings.

This free agency period looks like it's all about a complete culture change. I think the days of the Broncos finesse offenses are finally over. I can't wait to go to training camp this year.
    SP knows it's the only way to win with Russ. He tried the cooking thing and it failed miserably. He's at his best when playing off the run game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Jeudy is available for a first. My guess is the Broncos are holding firm on Sutton for at least a 3rd? Possible the Packers will be in on one of the two once Rodgers compensation finalized? It will be an interesting couple of days.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Patriots called both the Broncos about Jeudy and Cardinals about Hopkins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Another revolving door position that we're trying to solve for:

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    SP knows it's the only way to win with Russ. He tried the cooking thing and it failed miserably. He's at his best when playing off the run game.
    Yep. He'll get a nice blend of playaction, bootlegs, etc., but it's going to look like Brees at the end of his time in New Orleans. Denver wants to run the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Darius Slay to Denver?
    I misread something; I apologize.

8. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I misread something; I apologize.
    You sorry!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

All this talk of trading WR’s should not be unexpected. Denver has a lot of money tied up in this position and still must pay Jeudy if he is still on the team. Payton is doing exactly what I should have happened after Manning retired. IMO, Denver is nowhere close to being a SB contender is requires a reset. That means getting rid of players we might not want to see traded or cut. It’s going to take some time for Payton to mold/build this team the way he wants. Addition by subtraction is what must be done. Especially if their new identity will be a smash mouth run first team. I’m down for whatever Payton views as the way correct way to rebuild this team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You sorry!

Literally!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Waller to NYG and Juju to New England seems like two landing spots for Jeudy or Sutton which are now likely out of the running.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Waller to NYG and Juju to New England seems like two landing spots for Jeudy or Sutton which are now likely out of the running.
    Sutton's cap number lowers the number of teams that will be able to take him right now. The Cowboys may be candidates for him, but their Zeke money won't free until June 1. The Packers don't want to make any moves until Rodgers is off the books, and they might agree to take on some of his salary. The Falcons, Texans, and Panthers might be in the market, but not until they have their QB drafted and it will be a future pick with a move likely on draft day. The Ravens likewise might be in the market, but can't do anything until Lamar either signs his tender or signs a mega deal. There is definitely a market for both guys and the Broncos definitely want to deal Sutton, but it's not going to happen for awhile.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think that’s the key…. Russ CAN cook, but he needs more than one ingredient. We must have a damn good running game to make the defense do more and make choices.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yep. He'll get a nice blend of playaction, bootlegs, etc., but it's going to look like Brees at the end of his time in New Orleans. Denver wants to run the ball.
    Hard disagree, Russ has a lot more in the tank and in the knees than Drew did his last few years.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think that’s the key…. Russ CAN cook, but he needs more than one ingredient. We must have a damn good running game to make the defense do more and make choices.
    I like what Russ cooking means to you; but that stupid, albeit catchy, saying meant throwing the ball 500 times a game.

Davii proposes a more balanced meal. ******* healthy *******.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Sutton's cap number lowers the number of teams that will be able to take him right now. The Cowboys may be candidates for him, but their Zeke money won't free until June 1. The Packers don't want to make any moves until Rodgers is off the books, and they might agree to take on some of his salary. The Falcons, Texans, and Panthers might be in the market, but not until they have their QB drafted and it will be a future pick with a move likely on draft day. The Ravens likewise might be in the market, but can't do anything until Lamar either signs his tender or signs a mega deal. There is definitely a market for both guys and the Broncos definitely want to deal Sutton, but it's not going to happen for awhile.
    Yep all those landing spots make sense for the reasons you mentioned - but it does seem like NYG was the most frequently speculated destination for them. Which makes me wonder whether they had a similar offer on the table for Sutton. And would we have been ok with Sutton for the 100th pick in the draft?

I keep thinking back to how Payton describes how players fit different prototypes in his offense. I suspect he views Tim Patrick and Courtland Sutton as having somewhat redundant skillsets, so Sutton would make the most sense to move -- but given his contract, he isn't going to fetch us as much, which is why Jeudy makes some sense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information