Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Free Agency

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

There's a difference between acknowledging that life is inherently unfair (duh) and actively rooting for the richest to get richer which inherently makes things in society even more unfair. There's not a single person on this board (ok maybe NTL) whose life would be better for the richest in society getting richer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    There's a difference between acknowledging that life is inherently unfair (duh) and actively rooting for the richest to get richer which inherently makes things in society even more unfair. There's not a single person on this board (ok maybe NTL) whose life would be better for the richest in society getting richer.
    Just stop dude. No one is actively rooting for anyone. If i say life is unfair and its just how it is its not me saying oh poor rich people or poor spoiled football player. Its just people acknowledging that life isnt fair which is a cold hard fact. And it doesnt just apply to one group or another and i get sick of people (unfortunately you here) trying to make people feel guilty just because their problems dont match what other groups of people on this planet have. Everyone faces issues no matter their race, sex, or whatever so just stop trying to make it some sort of stupid ass competition.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Just stop dude. No one is actively rooting for anyone. If i say life is unfair and its just how it is its not me saying oh poor rich people or poor spoiled football player. Its just people acknowledging that life isnt fair which is a cold hard fact. And it doesnt just apply to one group or another and i get sick of people (unfortunately you here) trying to make people feel guilty just because their problems dont match what other groups of people on this planet have. Everyone faces issues no matter their race, sex, or whatever so just stop trying to make it some sort of stupid ass competition.
    I've literally done nothing of the sort in this thread, but cool.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It’s not entitled to want to avoid collusion.
    Where’s the collusion other than your accusation?

One guy. ONE. Got a fully guaranteed contract and the team was drug across the coals for how dumb it was EVEN BY THE ONES CRYING FOUL…

You mentioned the Union and players being able to demand guaranteed contracts…. They sure can, that’s what a CBA is for…. Until such a time as they negotiate such a thing they’re entitled to exactly what they get today.

Arguing for millionaires vs billionaires or the other way around is stupid.

I hope they do make it fully guaranteed FOR INJURY in the next contract. If I’m the owners I’m cool with it as long as I also get performance guarantees that, if not met, allow me to cut you and forfeit the remainder.
    Last edited by Davii; 03-30-2023 at 06:58 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

One guy. ONE. Got a fully guaranteed contract and the team was drug across the coals for how dumb it was EVEN BY THE ONES CRYING FOUL…

You mentioned the Union and players being able to demand guaranteed contracts…. They sure can, that’s what a CBA is for…. Until such a time as they negotiate such a thing they’re entitled to exactly what they get today.

I hope they do make it fully guaranteed FOR INJURY in the next contract. If I’m the owners I’m cool with it as long as I also get performance guarantees that, if not met, allow me to cut you and forfeit the remainder.
    Again, it's all about leverage. When Burrow's contract comes up, if he tells the Bengals he's not playing another snap for them unless he gets a fully guaranteed contract, he's getting a fully guaranteed contract.

Again, it's all about leverage. When Burrow's contract comes up, if he tells the Bengals he's not playing another snap for them unless he gets a fully guaranteed contract, he's getting a fully guaranteed contract.
    And if he does that good for him. But… Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, Carr, Murray, Prescott, etc have all opted for non - fully guaranteed contracts. That’s also precedent.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Maybe. We don’t know that. After Watson how many QB contracts have been signed? Any guaranteed?

I’m all for guaranteeing a contract for injury, that should be a 100% guaranteed and owners should make that proposal (of they’re smart), but people like Haynesworth exist and you’re paid to perform, owners should have an out available.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

We did a podcast on it. You can also find articles about it. I’m not going out of my way to justify every last point I make. No one else does or has to, but you sure love demanding I do it. You’re a dookie-faced-dookie and a mean person.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We did a podcast on it. You can also find articles about it. I’m not going out of my way to justify every last point I make. No one else does or has to, but you sure love demanding I do it. You’re a dookie-faced-dookie and a mean person.
    You did a podcast on it? I’ll stand down, even though you have nothing but accusations

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You did a podcast on it? I’ll stand down, even though you have nothing but accusations
    No, I have an expectation that people can read the same sources I do, and that I don’t have to validate every last point or argument I make because neither you nor anyone else does. If having a conversation with you is going to be a cite to your sources affair every time, please do me a favor leave me alone. That shit just makes me want to be overly argumentative and turn this into debate club. You know me well enough by now, hopefully, to know I don’t just make shit up. This interaction made me sad.
    Last edited by King87; 03-30-2023 at 08:50 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Still beats paying a ton for an ILB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So you can’t have guaranteed contracts unless it’s in the CBA?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    A man can enjoy literature without a dictionary.

That's where the word literally comes from.

Look it up.

(In a dictionary.)
    I actually have Word of the Day toilet paper, that’s like a dictionary only better.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information