Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Do We Really Want to Become the Walmart of the NFL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    If by “masses” you mean Broncos fans then Penner could get better advice from Miss Cleo.
    That was the point that I was making about Josh Allen
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Eggs are expensive, tomatoes are cheap.
    I see it now. I read it as "eggs AND tomatoes". Stupid 46 year old eyes
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

LoL!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1DAA1940-58BF-43BD-9134-0EBE00FB8E68.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	21241

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Nevertheless, I'm just pointing out that I have a basis for being concern that this could be happening. If so, then the executives of a retail chain whose employees have no leverage whatsoever in pay negotiations have no experience in dealing with those who do.
    Oh hey this thread! Gonna admit you were wrong on this one?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Oh hey this thread! Gonna admit you were wrong on this one?
    Wait, they hired Harbaugh I thought they hired Payton
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Wait, they hired Harbaugh I thought they hired Payton
    So Payton wasn't a highly successful and qualified candidate with leverage to take other jobs/stay at his current one? That was your criteria no?
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 02-12-2023 at 04:32 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

So Payton wasn't a highly successful and qualified candidate with leverage to take other jobs/stay at his current one? That was your criteria no?
    Based on what the Saints’ fans that call into the nation NFL talk radio channel I listen to on SiriusXM, he’s a quitter. He had a HoF QB fall into his lap when the team that drafted him gave up on him 1 season too soon. The Chargers drafted Eli with the 1st pick of the draft because he had been a failure for them to that point. After Manning forced them to trade him, Rivers came in and sat on the bench for 2 seasons because Brees had finally become the great QB he was originally drafted to by. In the last game of that 2nd season of Rivers, Brees got injured which enabled the Chargers to release him just in time for Payton to woo a QB who had proven that he was a late bloomer that should’ve been given 1 more year. After just 1 season without that HoF QB, he gave up on trying to develop the QB who he brought in to be Brees heir apparent.

Bottomline, this is just the biggest reason I don’t think Payton had as much leverage as the talking heads in the media made him out as to having. A full analysis of all the reasons would result in a post that would be so long that a lot of members of the board would refuse to read it all. The fact Mr. Walmart & his advisors listen to these talking heads and/or the Broncos fan base give me more reason to doubt their competence.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So you won't admit you were wrong. Sad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Wrong about what? I just gave you a legitimate reason for why only 2 other teams interviewed him, both of which are bigger trainwrecks then we are. It appears to me that it was the Broncos, not Payton, that had all of the leverage.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

One more thing, please stop looking in the mirror when responding to my posts as I’ve acknowledge when I’ve been proven wrong on many occasions. This would be 1 of those occasions if you weren’t so determined apply statements about Harbaugh to Payton. So, because haven’t asked me to this point whether or not Payton actually want to coach the Broncos, and not just using the Broncos the same way Harbaugh did, I don’t have to admit that a never posted prediction that was made only in my mind was wrong

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Short answer; No, you won’t win SB’s with part-time scrubs and sweatshop product.

Btw, I hope you’re not looking to make friends by speaking truth to power. That sorta shit is frowned upon in this establishment.
    I think it's time for you to take the L on this one. Still yet to see if it will all work out, but between the Payton trade/hire and the free agency spending spree, you can equivocally say that the Waltons aren't trying to do this on the cheap. They are throwing their money around.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I think it's time for you to take the L on this one. Still yet to see if it will all work out, but between the Payton trade/hire and the free agency spending spree, you can equivocally say that the Waltons aren't trying to do this on the cheap. They are throwing their money around.
    He’ll make sure to find a way to complain and will almost certainly make it political outside P&R, why poke the bear?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This might be the worst thread in the history of forums. Not just Broncos' forums, ANY forum.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

One last thought: The WPG probably know as much, if not more about football as anyone posting on these boards. They stated they're huge football fans during their introductory press conference. I'm sure they follow the game, along with attending to their businesses. It is utterly ridiculous that members of a football forum with virtually zero football experience can claim they know more than an owner of an NFL team who have been wildly successful in the business world.

They're not coaching. They're running a business and making sure they hire the right people to guide the ship.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Everyone here is a huge fan; not sure how business would lend any more insight into football than many other professions. There’s tons of owners in pro sports that are fans of their respective game that suck; a ton of them are business folks.

As such, I can only blame Wave, Abe, Northman, and John Fox for our disagreement.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information