Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Really Want to Become the Walmart of the NFL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    And our guys haven't even had a season yet and you're already denigrating them? They didn't hire the dumpster fire coach, they were saddled with him and remedied it quickly. Why do you assume this ownership group won't be somewhat like the Rooneys? Also, that bar is unfair as the Steelers are the only organization like that in the NFL. Even the Pats are not like that, they've been steady with one HC because they caught lightening in a bottle, it's not their organic philosophy like it is with the Rooneys.
    They kept the GM who did hire that HC, brought in QB that was kicked to the curb after the 1st season and then gave up major draft capital to bring in another QB. This “new” QB wants to be the center of the offense in spite of the fact that he's been showing signs that he's been washed up for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Furthermore, as I said before, Harbaugh built his SB team on having a great D and running game. Furthermore, this GM has traded our best pass rushers away each of the last 2 years prior to each season’s trade deadline. His O was never centered on his QBs, but his RBs. His falling out with the 49ers occurred when they paid the QB as if he was the center of the O, forcing them to downgrade their D.

Finally, according to some sources, these owners may have ordered the GM to give the possibility washed up QB a salary that only an elite QB in his prime should be offered. If this can be verified, then that gives legitimate reason to be concerned Mr. Walmart is more like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder then the Rooneys.

Looking at this from what kind of coach Harbaugh has shown himself to be over the years, or any other highly sought-after HC, why would any of them want to work for this organization at time? If Mr. Walmart wises up and models himself after the Rooneys in the future, then we might talk a higher sought-after HC here. However, if they did order the GM to give Wilson that huge extension, then we have a basis to concerned as far as what kind of owners they are at this time.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    They kept the GM who did hire that HC, brought in QB that was kicked to the curb after the 1st season and then gave up major draft capital to bring in another QB. This “new” QB wants to be the center of the offense in spite of the fact that he's been showing signs that he's been washed up for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Furthermore, as I said before, Harbaugh built his SB team on having a great D and running game. Furthermore, this GM has traded our best pass rushers away each of the last 2 years prior to each season’s trade deadline. His O was never centered on his QBs, but his RBs. His falling out with the 49ers occurred when they paid the QB as if he was the center of the O, forcing them to downgrade their D.

Finally, according to some sources, these owners may have ordered the GM to give the possibility washed up QB a salary that only an elite QB in his prime should be offered. If this can be verified, then that gives legitimate reason to be concerned Mr. Walmart is more like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder then the Rooneys.

Looking at this from what kind of coach Harbaugh has shown himself to be over the years, or any other highly sought-after HC, why would any of them want to work for this organization at time? If Mr. Walmart wises up and models himself after the Rooneys in the future, then we might talk a higher sought-after HC here. However, if they did order the GM to give Wilson that huge extension, then we have a basis to concerned as far as what kind of owners they are at this time.
    How dumb are you going to feel having typed all this out if Harbaugh is our coach in a week? Have you considered chilling out and letting things play out instead of forecasting doom and gloom over something that hasn't even played out yet?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How dumb are you going to feel having typed all this out if Harbaugh is our coach in a week? Have you considered chilling out and letting things play out instead of forecasting doom and gloom over something that hasn't even played out yet?
    If I'm wrong, I'll recant, just like I did when I guaranteed that we wouldn't give up on Tebow after just 2 season. Nevertheless, other are "forecasting" that he's going to take whoever offers him the biggest contract, which requires them to assume that he values money more than winning. Assuming that the Walmarts offer him that, and he declines, will these member recant as well?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If I'm wrong, I'll recant, just like I did when I guaranteed that we wouldn't give up on Tebow after just 2 season. Nevertheless, other are "forecasting" that he's going to take whoever offers him the biggest contract, which requires them to assume that he values money more than winning. Assuming that the Walmarts offer him that, and he declines, will these member recant as well?
    Who here has said he will value the biggest contract more than winning? I have not seen that said. What's been said is that he will likely be offered a big contract, which is absolutely what a smart team would do to give themselves the best chance of getting him to leave.

And if he still declines that, there's nothing to "recant". I'll still be glad we have owners to take a big shot at the big fish. Sometimes you ask out the hot girl and she says no. Doesn't mean you were wrong to take the shot. Being scared to go for the best is no way to live life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Who here has said he will value the biggest contract more than winning? I have not seen that said. What's been said is that he will likely be offered a big contract, which is absolutely what a smart team would do to give themselves the best chance of getting him to leave.

And if he still declines that, there's nothing to "recant". I'll still be glad we have owners to take a big shot at the big fish. Sometimes you ask out the hot girl and she says no. Doesn't mean you were wrong to take the shot. Being scared to go for the best is no way to live life.
    You may not, but I've seen a number of posts made by various members of this board in various threads who keep talking about how much money the Walmarts have to throw at a future HC as if that's going to be a key factor. As far as going for the best in life, I'm not at all afraid to go for it. However, there are a lot of guys looking for the perfect girl who never ask, "why would that perfect girl want me?"

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You may not, but I've seen a number of posts made by various members of this board in various threads who keep talking about how much money the Walmarts have to throw at a future HC as if that's going to be a key factor. As far as going for the best in life, I'm not at all afraid to go for it. However, there are a lot of guys looking for the perfect girl who never ask, "why would that perfect girl want me?"
    You said, and I quote "others are forecasting that he's going to take whoever offers him the biggest contract". Who has forecasted that?

Saying we have rich owners who can afford to pay him more than anyone else isn't the same as saying he'd definitely take that. There's absolutely a chance he could turn down a huge offer.

Question for you though: if you're so convinced that he'd never want to come here because of how the team is run and built, why were we the first team he chose to interview with? If it's such an absurd idea he'd want this job, why waste his time even interviewing?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Question for you though: if you're so convinced that he'd never want to come here because of how the team is run and built, why were we the first team he chose to interview with? If it's such an absurd idea he'd want this job, why waste his time even interviewing?
    You already replied to a post in this thread that provides a possible answer you question.

What if he's using us the same way he used the Vikings last year to get an extension with Michigan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You already replied to a post in this thread that provides a possible answer you question.
    Both things can be true that he's trying to get a raise from Michigan but would also take an NFL job if the offer is right. It was heavily reported that he wanted the Vikings job and would have accepted it, but they chose to go elsewhere. I don't think he's the type of guy who would waste an NFL team's time interviewing for a job in which he'd have zero intention to ever accept.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Both things can be true that he's trying to get a raise from Michigan but would also take an NFL job if the offer is right. It was heavily reported that he wanted the Vikings job and would have accepted it, but they chose to go elsewhere. I don't think he's the type of guy who would waste an NFL team's time interviewing for a job in which he'd have zero intention to ever accept.
    So, your certain that he's not like Joe Montana. The Cards wined & dined him after the 49ers, only for him to sign with the Chiefs the next day. Bidwell said that he felt like he was being used the entire time. Just because someone values winning more than money doesn't mean that they won't used another team they don't believe they can win with to get more money out of another team that they believe they can.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So, your certain that he's not like Joe Montana. The Cards wined & dined him after the 49ers, only for him to sign with the Chiefs the next day. Bidwell said that he felt like he was being used the entire time. Just because someone values winning more than money doesn't mean that they won't used another team they don't believe they can win with to get more money out of another team that they believe they can.
    I have no idea what this has to do with Joe Montana.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I have no idea what this has to do with Joe Montana.
    First, I suggest that Harbaugh might be using us, then I provide an example of when a team believes they were used in such a manner by a player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

First, I suggest that Harbaugh might be using us, then I provide an example of when a team believes they were used in such a manner by a player.
    Ok? I said that I don't think Harbaugh is the kind of guy who would do that. I didn't say that no other person has or ever would do that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Ok? I said that I don't think Harbaugh is the kind of guy who would do that. I didn't say that no other person has or ever would do that.
    Nevertheless, I'm just pointing out that I have a basis for being concern that this could be happening. If so, then the executives of a retail chain whose employees have no leverage whatsoever in pay negotiations have no experience in dealing with those who do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Nevertheless, I'm just pointing out that I have a basis for being concern that this could be happening. If so, then the executives of a retail chain whose employees have no leverage whatsoever in pay negotiations have no experience in dealing with those who do.
    How would you have any idea as to the extent of his business dealings? You don't think Walmart has ever tried to hire an executive for their board away from another company? Cashiers aren't the only people employed by Walmart.

I have no issues with Wal-Mart, but I’m a capitalist.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

17. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information