Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: Bills-Bengals May Be Stuck With A Tie

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Panama
    Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino
    Posts
    9,774

    Default Bills-Bengals May Be Stuck With A Tie

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...and-best-path/

    CBS Sports.com says the NFL is weighing options on what to do with the suspended Bills-Bengals game and, reading between the lines, it seems they may declare the game a tie.

    Apparently, they think pushing the playoffs back a week would be "too disruptive" but haven't ruled out making the two teams play a Wednesday game midweek just before their wild card game. Like THAT'S not disruptive?

    To declare the game a tie means the Bills don't have to return to Cincinnati in the same vein as not forcing Jackie Kennedy to return to Dallas but a tie will practically give the AFC's top seed and bye week to the Chiefs undeservedly. Plus, it could cost the Bengals as well -although the Bengals have a 1-1/2 game lead over Baltimore for the Central division. The two teams meet in Week 18.

    Apparently, pushing back the playoffs a week disrupts tv scheduling which could cost the league some money.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    only Von
    Posts
    35,920

    Default

    It is the most fair and reasonable decision considering the circumstances.

  3. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    40,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    It is the most fair and reasonable decision considering the circumstances.
    What if both teams win this weekend?

    If that happens Cincinnati wins their division and has their seed secured whether they take an L for that game or not, right?

    If so, I think the Bengals should voluntarily forfeit as it won’t negatively impact their standing, Buffalo would get the win which, if they win this weekend, would put them with the 1 seed.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble
    Posts
    53,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    What if both teams win this weekend?

    If that happens Cincinnati wins their division and has their seed secured whether they take an L for that game or not, right?

    If so, I think the Bengals should voluntarily forfeit as it won’t negatively impact their standing, Buffalo would get the win which, if they win this weekend, would put them with the 1 seed.
    That would feel just as unfair to KC as a forfeit would feel for Buffalo. I feel like the NFL needs to do everything they can to get the game played.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    40,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That would feel just as unfair to KC as a forfeit would feel for Buffalo. I feel like the NFL needs to do everything they can to get the game played.
    I agree, but also, **** KC.

    Maybe we get lucky and they also lose this weekend, Bills and Bengals both win, and then there’s no reason not to just call it a tie as everyone winds up where they would’ve.

  7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble
    Posts
    53,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I agree, but also, **** KC.

    Maybe we get lucky and they also lose this weekend, Bills and Bengals both win, and then there’s no reason not to just call it a tie as everyone winds up where they would’ve.
    The NFL is praying for this scenario. Watch KC get no calls this weekend.

  9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    40,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The NFL is praying for this scenario. Watch KC get no calls this weekend.
    Maybe they call OPI on some great catches that would’ve almost sealed a victory?

  11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Panama
    Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino
    Posts
    9,774

    Default

    You mean some of these games are rigged? I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!

    In actuality, I can see the NFL getting out of dodge this way. Integrity of the sport is overrated.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    40,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    You mean some of these games are rigged? I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!

    In actuality, I can see the NFL getting out of dodge this way. Integrity of the sport is overrated.
    No, this isn’t WWE and anyone that truly believes it’s rigged should quit watching.

  14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  15. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble
    Posts
    53,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No, this isn’t WWE and anyone that truly believes it’s rigged should quit watching.
    I truly don't understand why someone who legitimately believes a sport is rigged would continue to watch and pay attention to said sport.

  16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  17. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    40,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I truly don't understand why someone who legitimately believes a sport is rigged would continue to watch and pay attention to said sport.
    So they have a boogie man to yell about when their team sucks, I mean no WAY my team is REALLY this bad, the league is in on it!!

  18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  19. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble
    Posts
    53,004

    Default


  20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  21. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    40,788

    Default

    Makes perfect sense

  22. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  23. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble
    Posts
    53,004

    Default

    When's the last time a regular season game was flat out cancelled? Even the COVID year got every game in.

  24. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I read on one of the sport sites that in this scenario, KC wins the 1 seed if all three teams win this weekend, which if true, screws the Bills. I haven't researched or fact checked to verify whether this is true. Does anyone know off the top of their head whether KC would have the better winning percentage if all three teams win?
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group