Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bills-Bengals May Be Stuck With A Tie

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You said "all" the teams would be equally screwed. That's just not true.
    I disagree but whatever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I disagree but whatever.
    I think what you're saying is that the division winners getting screwed and the wildcard teams getting a break cancels out overall?

Maybe that's true. But that's a different thing than saying this screws all teams equally. That's just not the case. Teams who would have had to go on the road anyway absolutely benefit, and would sign up for neutral site playoff games every day of the week.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

My favorite solution is to add an 8th playoff team to both the AFC and the NFC and remove the first round bye.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    My favorite solution is to add an 8th playoff team to both the AFC and the NFC and remove the first round bye.
    Apparently is being considered.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think the 8th seed is a terrible and absurd idea. Unpopular as it may be - I think this should be a Bills forfeit, but it doesn't sound like that's even on the table.

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think the 8th seed is a terrible and absurd idea. Unpopular as it may be - I think this should be a Bills forfeit, but it doesn't sound like that's even on the table.
    I thought about that as well, just go with the team that was winning at the time and let the chips fall where they may.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Since it doesn't affect the Broncos, I would just be happy to watch another game of football. In this proposed solution, we would get 3 Saturday games and 3 Sunday games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I think many state high school guidelines and the NCAA both require a minimum amount of time to be played before you can keep a result based on the score at the time of calling the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Since it doesn't affect the Broncos, I would just be happy to watch another game of football. In this proposed solution, we would get 3 Saturday games and 3 Sunday games.
    Fair enough, as a fan I'll never argue with more football -- but I think it's the most disruptive scenario. Teams haven't been strategizing for this - like the Titans who tanked last week in anticipation of this week's game meaning everything... It upends the bye week for the top seed in the NFC as well, which makes no sense - it's basically a complete overhaul and I'm not even sure why that'd be considered over simply having the Bills forfeit, which is the least disruptive scenario.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Fair enough, as a fan I'll never argue with more football -- but I think it's the most disruptive scenario. Teams haven't been strategizing for this - like the Titans who tanked last week in anticipation of this week's game meaning everything... It upends the bye week for the top seed in the NFC as well, which makes no sense - it's basically a complete overhaul and I'm not even sure why that'd be considered over simply having the Bills forfeit, which is the least disruptive scenario.
    It is completely unfair that the Chiefs would get the number 1 seed handed to them for a game that was not anywhere near conclusion. Kansas City does not deserve a free first round bye and home field advantage, especially since they played Buffalo and LOST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It is completely unfair that the Chiefs would get the number 1 seed handed to them for a game that was not anywhere near conclusion. Kansas City does not deserve a free first round bye and home field advantage, especially since they played Buffalo and LOST.
    Since they apparently won't resume the game, I don't think there is a "fair" outcome to be had here, which is unfortunate.

And while this makes me a heartless villain for even saying this out loud - it was technically the Bills and Bengals who chose not to resume the game, so ultimately it would make the most sense for them to bear the burden of this more than other teams, even though that isn't really "fair" either.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Since they apparently won't resume the game, I don't think there is a "fair" outcome to be had here, which is unfortunate.

And while this makes me a heartless villain for even saying this out loud - it was technically the Bills and Bengals who chose not to resume the game, so ultimately it would make the most sense for them to bear the burden of this more than other teams, even though that isn't really "fair" either.
    Shit happens. Sometimes it sucks, but there's no way around it.

With the news the young man is improving, play the dang game. Thursday night after all the games are done, play the game. Move all playoff games out one week. Or forget the one week. Bills and Bengals play on Sunday.
    Last edited by GEM; 01-05-2023 at 04:54 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

From what I'm reading on Twitter, sounds like the idea that's gaining the most traction (assuming this game isn't played) is to seed the playoffs based on win % but have the AFC championship at a neutral site if it's between two of the 3 of KC, Cincy, and Buffalo. KC would still get the bye but not the home AFC championship. Maybe that's a decent middle ground.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

According to the AP, the game is cancelled and simply won't count in the standings. Standings will be ranked on winning percentage (it is, anyway)

But they haven't decided on possible solutions.

One is to give the Chiefs (assuming they get the top seed) the choice of 1st round bye OR home field advantage but not both. They didn't reaclly specify more about how that would work.

or Wave's favorite to move the AFCCG to a neutral site. Or, as Georgia's Peach Bowl appearance proves, there are neutral sites and then there are thinly-veiled home games. It would seem Lucas Oil Stadium might be a good "half-way" site.

The Ravens , I guess, just get screwed. But that's what the Ravens are for.

I kinda like the 8th seed idea. The NFL would love it too if it squeezed in the Packers and Steelers.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information