Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For Broncos to Take Action With Russell Wilson

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If he's this bad next year I think you just have to use the nuclear option and eat the cap hit from cutting him and just commit to a full teardown.
    There is no need for any nuclear option IMO. You tell Russ 2024 is his last chance but you draft a top rookie anyway cause f Russ's feelings. If Russ sucks your prepared and he can ride pine ala Matt Ryan all of 2024, and then be cut with ease during the 2025 off-season.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

2023 wish list in order. (One or the other scenario is fine by me)

1. We hire a good coach, he helps and Rus gets back to being a good QB. We won and all breathe a sigh of relief.

2. We hire a good coach but Rus is God awful horribad worse than this year even and as it turns out his whole career was smoke and mirrors and Seattle gets to laugh all the way to the bank. That's fine people who live in constant rainfall are emo dipshits anyway. We get a top pick and Rus turns out to be the key to us finding a FQB after all.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He's lucky to have one of the worst coaching hires in NFL history to take the blame for how bad this year has gone. Next year he won't have that luxury. Time to ball out or get the **** out
    Oh im sure if he plays bad next year the blame will go on the coach again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    2023 wish list in order. (One or the other scenario is fine by me)

1. We hire a good coach, he helps and Rus gets back to being a good QB. We won and all breathe a sigh of relief.

2. We hire a good coach but Rus is God awful horribad worse than this year even and as it turns out his whole career was smoke and mirrors and Seattle gets to laugh all the way to the bank. That's fine people who live in constant rainfall are emo dipshits anyway. We get a top pick and Rus turns out to be the key to us finding a FQB after all.
    I live out near Seattle and this is pretty accurate. I love/Hate it here.

We really only have to ride with Russ as our starter one more year. If we are a bottom 5 team again, you bring in his replacement and at some point in 2025 you make the transition and he heads to the bench.

I think he will bounce back with a better coach/system though. Hackett was all-time bad.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Russ is the QB next year, if he fails you draft a first rd. rookie to start the following year while giving Russ his final shot for the 24 season and through 4 games if the writing is on the wall you throw the rookie in and Russ's time in Denver unceremoniously closes barring injury to the rookie. It will probably be a shit show or middling at best but your rookie grows in 2024 and then your ready for 2025. Post June 1 cut in 2025 for Russ is only a 18 mil dead cap hit. that's easy shit.

2023- Russ and Rypien- If its shit we will have a premium top 10 2024 pick. New coach will be given time under Penner IMO provided its not a blatant fail like Hackett.
    2024- Russ's final shot/Top ten rookie to come in and replace after first few weeks if needed lol. Growth with rookie gives HC more time
    2025- Russ is Cut after June 1st, Rookie is ready to go for the 25 season, we ball and return to happy days of contending. New coach is extended post 2025 season and we have properly rebuilt the team with proper coaching staff, time and a rookie Qb on a cheap 5 year deal through the 2029 season, while also staying financially sound.

That's the plan. Its that simple.

Its not doom and gloom. Next year might suck for sure and 2024 could have some rough patches but we should all go in expecting that anyway. The following year going into the 25 season hope will spring again with a high rookie QB and good draft capital and FA options. If Paton's 2021/2022 draft picks that are still around up their game, and he drafts well this year we could be pretty competitive as a team as early as 2024/2025. If we have a good coaching staff maybe even faster. On offense we do have Sutton and Patrick locked Up. The Greg will still be around, Jeudy might be extended if he keeps this play up and RB's are easy to find.

OL is the biggest offensive wildcard and we have to hit the draft and FA this year on the OL. 1 Tier 1 and 1 Tier 2 FA, 3 Draft picks to include using our first pick on a OL, and 2-3 UDFA's. Enough of the BS zone system guys that only know how to get pushed back or pancaked. Get athletic, big dudes that move and can put a mo fo on their ass. We can get 34 mil in cap space for 2023 FA class this upcoming cycle with only a 8 mil dead cap simply by cutting Glasgow, Darby and Jewell at seasons end. All 3 are duds who are easily replaceable and wont be missed.
    2023– If Anthony Richardson is there at Broncos #1 pick I would jump all over that. Start the process a year earlier, puts pressure on Wilson and gives new coaching staff a phenomenal prospect to develop.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh im sure if he plays bad next year the blame will go on the coach again.
    Depends on the same things it depends on this season. Don’t underestimate how bad the Satan’s are, they’re garbage human beings, Sam Walton was the Walmart architect . . . these ass holes are silverspooners.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 12-28-2022 at 07:26 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    2023– If Anthony Richardson is there at Broncos #1 pick I would jump all over that. Start the process a year earlier, puts pressure on Wilson and gives new coaching staff a phenomenal prospect to develop.
    I think i hope CJ Stroud will be there.

3. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Big board rank: 4

Stroud will get the “Ohio State quarterback” knock, given the success of his predecessors, but he operates the position differently than Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields did. He’s a pure pocket passer who’s been tremendous at avoiding sacks over his career, with only an 12.7% pressure-to-sack conversion rate.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-...back-prospects

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think i hope CJ Stroud will be there.

3. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Big board rank: 4

Stroud will get the “Ohio State quarterback” knock, given the success of his predecessors, but he operates the position differently than Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields did. He’s a pure pocket passer who’s been tremendous at avoiding sacks over his career, with only an 12.7% pressure-to-sack conversion rate.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-...back-prospects
    I can’t imagine Stroud not being QB1.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

What we need is Adrian Martinez.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Hendon Hooker might be exactly what the Broncos need, an injured 1st round prospect that won’t go as high because of the injury, but I can’t imagine him falling to 3rd round.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I can’t imagine Stroud not being QB1.
    What about Williams or the boy from Bama?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Lmao she called Nathaniel Hackett "very qualified"

If only we had our own 1st round pick next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Hendon Hooker might be exactly what the Broncos need, an injured 1st round prospect that won’t go as high because of the injury, but I can’t imagine him falling to 3rd round.
    I just want a QB named Hooker.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information