Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathaniel Hackett Fired

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Bring in Mike Shanahan as temp HC to access the damage and advise what needs to happen in the off season. Listening to the spitballing on the radio. We all know it's begins with Wilson on the field.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    To be fair to Hackett, he did get stuck with Russ as his QB. Other bad coaches like McCarthy, the GB cat, and Kingsburied at least got some mileage out of their talented QBs and looked better than they are/were as HCs because of them.
    I don't see how Paton isn't gone. Paton must have really kissed some major ass this morning. So, Broncos are now looking for a HC/GM combo in one guy.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

My guess is Capers for interim.

Penner says he will be leading the head coaching search with help from Paton and the rest of the ownership group. Interesting. A few of the guys they can start interviewing right now are Peyton, Reich, and Harbaugh (Probably after the college playoffs.)

6. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Capers makes the most sense as the interim.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Penner says he will be leading the head coaching search with help from Paton and the rest of the ownership group. Interesting. The guys they can start interviewing right now are Peyton, Reich, and Harbaugh (Probably after the college playoffs.)
    When you said “Peyton” I thought you meant Manning and I thought to myself, “well, that’s new.”
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Penner says he will be leading the head coaching search with help from Paton and the rest of the ownership group. Interesting. A few of the guys they can start interviewing right now are Peyton, Reich, and Harbaugh (Probably after the college playoffs.)
    edit: They can interview Evero as well. I don't think there's any way Penner goes with another first timer, but it will get the Rooney rule satisfied.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

To be fair to Hackett, he did get stuck with Russ as his QB. Other bad coaches like McCarthy, the GB cat, and Kingsburied at least got some mileage out of their talented QBs and looked better than they are/were as HCs because of them.
    It goes both ways, though. All year, I have watched the coaches in Miami, Minnesota, both the New York teams, recently Jacksonville, etc, hide their QBs' warts, play to their strengths, and get production out of average to bad QBs. We saw the exact opposite here, with Hackett letting every one of Wilson's weaknesses get not just exposed but exploited. He never forced Russ to adjust his play, never held him accountable in any way. Dude was so gutless he kept starting fumblenuts Gordon when dude should have de-activated weeks earlier. Coaching matters, and Hackett has to own his failures. No worries, though-- there's more than enough blame to go around for errbody.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    When you said “Peyton” I thought you meant Manning and I thought to myself, “well, that’s new.”
    Paton, Payton, and Peyton-- sounds like a winning team!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I said it in the gameday thread, but a loss like that’s is what gets coaches fired. I think he was trending in the direction of another season until that game happened.

This is good news, I was worried the new owners would be too hands off. Now hire the right guy for Pete’s sake.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Go get Payton and his DC. Sign 12 OL. Draft a QB at 30. Start the healing process

18. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Sign 12 OL.
    Not sure there will be two good ones in FA this year.
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    It goes both ways, though. All year, I have watched the coaches in Miami, Minnesota, both the New York teams, recently Jacksonville, etc, hide their QBs' warts, play to their strengths, and get production out of average to bad QBs. We saw the exact opposite here, with Hackett letting every one of Wilson's weaknesses get not just exposed but exploited. He never forced Russ to adjust his play, never held him accountable in any way. Dude was so gutless he kept starting fumblenuts Gordon when dude should have de-activated weeks earlier. Coaching matters, and Hackett has to own his failures. No worries, though-- there's more than enough blame to go around for errbody.
    The thing is that only one guy is truly being held accountable when the other guy is just as bad at his job and isn't, well...a first timer. However, I should address your fine post as your are Doggington Fishton, and deserve respect.

Tua was solid and played better with stability. But, we knew he was at least a competent game manager at minimum, giving the context of his career. Substitute "knew," with "should have known, or had reason to fairly believe if that hits better for you. <3. Cousins has been good for over ten years at this point. What warts? Zach Wilson and Mike White were never good and I don't think any warts were hidden. How can you put that much onto Hackett past the scheme? Russ refused to run and scramble. Hackett can't make him do that. Russ also didn't live up to his end of the deal on the mental game, either. Be fair to Hackett: those were things that you'd not just expect, but presume to be present with someone like Russ' pedigree.

If Hackett keyed Russ' car on the way out I wouldn't blame him. I would have fired Hackett earlier. But if we're being honest, Denver would move on from Russ this offseason, with zero hesitation if they could, and that's the difference. Hackett at least thought he was going to get a guy who gave a damn about winning. Clearly Russ' play has shown us that he doesn't. Maybe next season he'll be a decent guy again, IDK.

21. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

I say we grab Sean Payton. The Walmarts have money… team him with evero, ie do whatever we can to keep him, He will milk whatsoever is left in Wilson, and put some credibility back in our O.

Players can get behind a coach with an actual resume

23. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Paton and Hackett should have been a packaged deal. Just start over all together.
    Agree, I just can't seem to forgive Paton for the new Russ deal without ever seeing him play a down in Denver. That is just one of the dumbest GM moves I have heard of when the guy had 2 years still left on contract. I don't care if you are trying to save $$ or impress the little dickwad...don't give him cash until he proves he can do it for THIS team. I don't care what he has done in the past...it's what can he do here NOW.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Hackett's issues to me were outside of Wilson. He admitted he was lost. Had to hire a guy to manage the game, had to elevate Kubiak to call the plays. Each problem was cause for a firing...all 3 means he should have been fired prior to today. He was in over his head and we all knew it.

27. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information