Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Nathaniel Hackett Fired

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So it was a load of shit when it was reported as Hackett's idea at the time. Cool.
    Absolutely nothing about Hackett's time in Denver is covered in glory. Bet he had to be forced to give up the playcalling duties too. Even then, we were still running Hackett's gameplan/system.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Roseburg fired Stukes. This is the lesson of “don’t burn your bridges”.

https://denverfan.com/2102585/bronco...-fired-stukes/

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Roseburg fired Stukes. This is the lesson of “don’t burn your bridges”.

https://denverfan.com/2102585/bronco...-fired-stukes/
    Freakin' cold-blooded, and I absolutely love it. Stukes was an arrogant windbag, and nobody wants to hear you flapping your gums when you're the worst guy in the league at your job. Show some damn humility. Good on Jerry for delivering the swift kick in the nuts that clown deserved-- I almost regret starting a thread calling for Rosberg to be fired.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I thought on some level our ST's was better this year? At least it seemed better in comparison to the past 5 years.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Freakin' cold-blooded, and I absolutely love it. Stukes was an arrogant windbag, and nobody wants to hear you flapping your gums when you're the worst guy in the league at your job. Show some damn humility. Good on Jerry for delivering the swift kick in the nuts that clown deserved-- I almost regret starting a thread calling for Rosberg to be fired.
    I'm pretty sure we have the worst starting field position in football of any team following punts and kickoffs. Every other team finds a way to avoid being pinned inside the 10 yard line repeatedly, so it stands to reason that maybe Stukes should have talked to Rosburg instead of continuing to sink the team. Word is on the OLine coach that he couldn't actually teach technique, which makes it all the more baffling why he was given the job over keeping Munchak. My hope is that the new head coach calls Munchak and gets him back in the building.

Evero might have fired more than just those two, which is why he didn't want to take the interim job.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlEWc5vWIAY-jyz.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	21068

Adopted Bronco:

It is funny, but you might want to let people know that it's a joke, not an actual quote.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I thought on some level our ST's was better this year? At least it seemed better in comparison to the past 5 years.
    They were competent, my criticism of ST’s was almost always Washington making mistakes. McManus probably should be replaced too, you can get that kind of dependability from a cheaper rookie.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They were competent
    They were?
    - John Elway

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    They were?
    I'm inclined to believe Rosburg that the special teams absolutely sucked. I wish he would have said the figure he was talking about that we ranked 32 in. Honestly, nothing special stands out about them other than getting pinned back deep repeatedly and Washington running backwards with neither of those stand out for positive reasons.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I'm inclined to believe Rosburg that the special teams absolutely sucked. I wish he would have said the figure he was talking about that we ranked 32 in. Honestly, nothing special stands out about them other than getting pinned back deep repeatedly and Washington running backwards with neither of those stand out for positive reasons.
    Horrifically bad on returns, couldn't punt for shit despite playing at altitude half the time, and even McManus had his second worst season as a pro.

Aside from that, they pretty much just sucked.
    - John Elway

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Didnt our punter do pretty good though? Waitman seems to have had a pretty good year if i recall.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Didnt our punter do pretty good though? Waitman seems to have had a pretty good year if i recall.
    He has punted a lot, but I feel like a lot of those punts were kindof shitty.

I wonder what the record is for most punts in a season and how close he is to beating it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

McManus and our punter played well, but special teams is more than just the kicker, punter, and returners. As a whole unit, they sucked. They might have avoided mistakes, but they did nothing to make any kind of plays and the field position the return game continually left us in was abysmal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Most of those pinned back were perfect punts and/or Washington making a mistake, the kick off side of it was also Washington doing exactly what he shouldn’t have done.

As you said though; nothing special stands out.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information