Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathaniel Hackett Fired

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I found that one. I still don't see anything relating to what I'm talking about. But, I could be wrong. For sake of argument, I'm going to presume (probably fairly) that you're correct. The question becomes, would it be worth to take a guy who is making demonstrative improvements at the QB position as a thrower in a rough situation, while that guy is a dynamic runner and keeps his team in games they shouldn't really be in, as a second year QB? I think the answer is an obvious yes, especially given where he landed at.

In my defense, I was on the few people who thought Lamar was worth taking late in the first round, I thought Fields (and a lot of people are now high on him, I never stopped being high on his stock) was going to get better and he did, and while I didn't pine for Josh Allen, I did say that the argument for him existed and I couldn't fault a team for taking him. I used to really be against the mobile QB thing. But, the league has changed. And I do admit that I might be trying to stay ahead of the curve. But I also thought Hurts was worthy of a high draft pick. These guys could have shorter shelf lifes for a variety of reasons and a million different contextual things in those reasons. But I'd rather have something that's worth having on the shelf in the first place.
    Well for arguments sake ive shown stats of Fields who improved drastically from like 20% QBR to 55%. He is only in his 2nd year but the improvement is there. Now, you have made claims the Bears havent used him correctly or are bad coaches but the improvement is there. So it the improvement from the coaching or from Fields himself? QBR implies its from the player himself. With Hurts, he is in his 3rd year and is at 68.8 and has shown a progression each year. Now, i cant remember but i dont think his coaching has been consistent correct? Either way, his trajectory is on par with giving young QB's 3 years to improve and in our discussions out of this forum i have acknowledged the improvements for both Fields and Hurts. The only question with either is can they sustain it throughout their careers.

Now, with Jackson its far more complicated because there are people that try to claim that Bmore isnt using him right even though when Harbaugh made the switch from a QB like Flacco to Jackson he catered that offense to the type of QB that Jackson is. Which is why other QB's on the roster are similar in Huntley and formerly McSorely (who is now in Arizona behind another similar QB). So i dont believe that the Ravens have let Jackson down, i think Jackson has let Jackson down as 2019 his QBR was at its highest around 83% but has regressed ever since.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Unless refs are involved.
    Who could fault you for hating the enemy of the people?

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Just offer him the job? Does that seem logical to you?
    Something to consider is that Evero and Hack are literally best friends. IIRC they were the best men at each other's weddings. Evero may not even consider Denver.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    North is a fart in church.
    Man beef STRONG

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

North is a fart in church.
    Unlike Russ, North does not need any more Satan in his life!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well for arguments sake ive shown stats of Fields who improved drastically from like 20% QBR to 55%. He is only in his 2nd year but the improvement is there. Now, you have made claims the Bears havent used him correctly or are bad coaches but the improvement is there. So it the improvement from the coaching or from Fields himself? QBR implies its from the player himself. With Hurts, he is in his 3rd year and is at 68.8 and has shown a progression each year. Now, i cant remember but i dont think his coaching has been consistent correct? Either way, his trajectory is on par with giving young QB's 3 years to improve and in our discussions out of this forum i have acknowledged the improvements for both Fields and Hurts. The only question with either is can they sustain it throughout their careers.

Now, with Jackson its far more complicated because there are people that try to claim that Bmore isnt using him right even though when Harbaugh made the switch from a QB like Flacco to Jackson he catered that offense to the type of QB that Jackson is. Which is why other QB's on the roster are similar in Huntley and formerly McSorely (who is now in Arizona behind another similar QB). So i dont believe that the Ravens have let Jackson down, i think Jackson has let Jackson down as 2019 his QBR was at its highest around 83% but has regressed ever since.
    The Bears OC was on the record talking about how recently (this was several weeks ago) they changed the scheme to suit his skills. In contrast to Hurts, Hurts has improved each year and this is his second season with the same HC and scheme. I think that players and coaches are successful in tandem. There are some players who are so dominant it doesn't really matter who the coach is. Cam Newton was such a freak that he could run over LB's no matter what. Bo Jackson was Bo Jackson, etc. But coaching and schemes that help a player's strength matter. It always will; I am hard as **** on Russ, but even I give him some acknowledgment that Hackett's scheme was a bit of beating for him.

In regards to Jackson: ever since that rough rookie season he's been a good player. I don't think that's in question. I don't think he's letting himself down, either. We kind of roast Baltimore's defense for late game collapses, some people bash Harbaugh for in-game coaching, they have no WRs and they just refuse to ever address it, etc. Lamar can point to some things that are rough. In contrast, he can also stand to be a bit more consistent as well. I don't view either as truly letting the other one down. The Ravens are a tough out every single season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Unlike Russ, North does not need any more Satan in his life!
    Russ and North need a play-date.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Something to consider is that Evero and Hack are literally best friends. IIRC they were the best men at each other's weddings. Evero may not even consider Denver.
    Then you make him an offer he can't refuse. pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Then you make him an offer he can't refuse. pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Evero has to know Hackett was in over his head, plus, it’s not as though Evero can follow Hackett to his next NFL gig . . . because there won’t be one.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Russ and North need a play-date.
    I can show him how to throw over dem rocky mountains.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Evero has to know Hackett was in over his head, plus, it’s not as though Evero can follow Hackett to his next NFL gig . . . because there won’t be one.
    #styledon
    #style
    #shotsfired
    #pewpewpew
    #ohlawd
    #callhismomma
    #thatboydead
    #ether
    #Nas
    #Hackettgone
    #noHCjobforyou
    #sendhimtotheself-checkoutaisle
    #Shannonain'tlovehim
    #Russain'tlovehim
    #thisboardain'tlovehim
    #A-Rodyoubettergocomepickupyourtrash
    #backtotheBaywithyou
    #Everoisfree
    #thisiswhathappenswhenyoumakeBakerlookgood
    #yashistrash

22. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

With Evero, friends or not with Hackett if Denver wanted or offered him the job he would be an idiot not to take it. Unless he has better offers he should never shy away from an opportunity if it presented itself.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yeah I totally get that, and he's not going to pass up a HC gig for a friend like that but if he has more than us a suitor I could definitely see it tipping the scales.

It's just another factor to consider, that's all.

I would sign off on Evero today, I freaking love that dude. I just pragmatically don't see that happening and I don't want to get my hopes up.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Check his games played the past two years vs the years prior. Check his accuracy and how it rates across the league. Now remember all of the short easy passes he has completely missed to hurt his team. Some were easy TDs. Some were merely potential third down conversions to keep drives alive. His kicker is a legend, due in part to Jackson's inability to consistently finish.
    I hear you and I respect what your saying.

Lamar Jackson runs a completely different offense which is fundamentally different. One part is traditional drop backs where he's plenty good, the other is the back breaker where he's given the responsibility for run/pass options from a non traditional backfield look. Basically the coaching staff asks him to decide - run when the underneath LBer/Safety plays off so it sucks them in and last second throw to the open field.

It's a completely different variation and no other QB outside of Watson and Rodgers in his prime can still throw on the run without a stable platform and setting his feet. It looks like Jackson is just improvising but he's not. If you watch the film, there are at least two guys (usually the TE) who don't run the scramble drill, but instead run to the field where the LBer/Safety vacates to come up for Jackson. That's why some of his throws look inaccurate. He's basically asked to throw the ball while running forward instead of rolling out. That's why whenever you do see him run he's not tucking the ball in but instead still carrying it high to give him a throwing option until he crosses the line of scrimmage. And he's doing it all this year with a mash unit at OL and a string of injured RBs with a very inconsistent run game. The guy is basically carrying his offense like Josh Allen does.

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived Helios For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information