Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFL 'Sunday Ticket' headed to YouTube for 2023 season

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL 'Sunday Ticket' headed to YouTube for 2023 season

The NFL announced a multiyear agreement on Thursday for Google to distribute the league's "Sunday Ticket" package of out-of-market Sunday afternoon games on YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels.

The NFL was seeking $2.5 billion per season for the package, which has been on DirecTV since 1994. The satellite provider has paid $1.5 billion per year on an eight-year contract that expires at the end of this season.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said during an interview with CNBC over the summer that the next move for "Sunday Ticket" would be to a streaming service because that would be the best option for fans.

Goodell reiterated that with Thursday's announcement.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...be-2023-season

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

When we "cut the cord" a couple months ago, I was leaning heavily toward YouTube TV, but the deal breaker was that I couldn't get AT&T Sports channels, which is what all the Astros games are broadcast on. Ended up going with DirecTV Stream. Been using Dofu to stream the Broncos games anyway.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Dofu, YouTube Tv, Apple +, SEC+, ESPN +, Amazon Prime…..I’m starting to get confused.

5. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It'll still cost a fortune. Thanks, free market. ><

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    When we "cut the cord" a couple months ago, I was leaning heavily toward YouTube TV, but the deal breaker was that I couldn't get AT&T Sports channels, which is what all the Astros games are broadcast on. Ended up going with DirecTV Stream. Been using Dofu to stream the Broncos games anyway.
    YouTube doesn’t carry cheaters? I guess Cheatriot fans don’t have YT either.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Cheaper price than DirecTV?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

As long as I can buy individual games rather than the whole season it’s a win and I’msure will be cheaper.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I’m getting too old for this shit. I just wanna watch football.

12. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I’m getting too old for this shit. I just wanna watch football.
    Should actually make it easier. The only reason I still have directv is Sunday ticket, I’mglad they lost it

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Should actually make it easier. The only reason I still have directv is Sunday ticket, I’mglad they lost it
    Same. I am canceling my DTV service tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I will continue to use illegal streams (for free) thank you very much.

18. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Sunday Ticket was always a loss leader. The rights fees are so hefty that the subscription price can't cover the expense. Where the carrier makes up the loss is by heavily promoting their other shows during the NFL telecasts in hopes people will see it and tune in those shows so what it tells me is that YT's independent programming is probably garbage and this is their desperate attempt to gain more viewers.

I have 3-4 ways to catch Red Zone on Sundays and most other NFL games I can pull in through foreign websites or programs hacked from Firestick.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Sunday Ticket was always a loss leader. The rights fees are so hefty that the subscription price can't cover the expense. Where the carrier makes up the loss is by heavily promoting their other shows during the NFL telecasts in hopes people will see it and tune in those shows so what it tells me is that YT's independent programming is probably garbage and this is their desperate attempt to gain more viewers.

I have 3-4 ways to catch Red Zone on Sundays and most other NFL games I can pull in through foreign websites or programs hacked from Firestick.
    That is not what YouTube tv is at all. They killed off their own programming channel a couple of years ago. It's basically a streaming cable system. I dumped DTV about 4 years ago and picked up Youtube TV and Philo as it was much cheaper (And bought a VPN to get YTV out of Denver and all the Colorado network sports) and haven't looked back. Eventually YTV added channels and I was able to cut Philo who had no networks. Originally, I thought I might dump my monthly YTV Sub and stop paying for the VPN to pick up the Sunday ticket only, but unless they offer a one team package or ala cart, it will still be a $400 a year package so I might as well leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    That is not what YouTube tv is at all. They killed off their own programming channel a couple of years ago. It's basically a streaming cable system. I dumped DTV about 4 years ago and picked up Youtube TV and Philo as it was much cheaper (And bought a VPN to get YTV out of Denver and all the Colorado network sports) and haven't looked back. Eventually YTV added channels and I was able to cut Philo who had no networks. Originally, I thought I might dump my monthly YTV Sub and stop paying for the VPN to pick up the Sunday ticket only, but unless they offer a one team package or ala cart, it will still be a $400 a year package so I might as well leave it alone.
    OMG you’re a genius. I never even thought of using a VPN with my YouTube TV to get the local Denver channels. Do you have to do that at sign up or does it just change depending on your VPN location?

22. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    OMG you’re a genius. I never even thought of using a VPN with my YouTube TV to get the local Denver channels. Do you have to do that at sign up or does it just change depending on your VPN location?
    You can change your location to Denver, but you need someone in Denver or just Colorado to log into your account there at setup, after that you are good to go with just the VPN. You need to coordinate that as it will pop up a code on the screen they have to then enter. I have kids in Colorado so it was easily accomplished. After moving back from Italy I somehow accidentally changed it to Seattle, probably tried logging in on my phone to watch something in the gym, and had to repeat the process to reset it to Colorado. But the best part is that I get the Avalanche, Nuggets, College, Rockies etc, etc on top of the Broncos, anytime I want. I also use Express VPN and just keep my location set to Denver. It's actually super easy to do.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information