Thread: Wilson vs Watson

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Default Wilson vs Watson

Now that the season is basically over for DEN, let me pose this question:

Would anyone still want Watson for this team knowing what we know now? Shannon Sharpe said it correctly earlier this year. “The team bought a lemon when they traded for Wilson.” I know I’ve been beating the drum for Watson for the longest, even with his circumstances. Having said that, RW is a shell of himself. Injuries to the team and himself are no excuse for his level of play.

This team will continue to be in purgatory till at least 2025 because of the contract extension for RW. The new owners must now make the necessary changes and go into fully rebuilding of this team from scratch. Get whatever they can for all of our established players to include Bolles, Sutton Patrick, Jeudy, Hamler, Risner, Cushenberry, Simmons and even Surtain. Yeah I said it! Surtain! Why waste his talent when he will be attached to a losing team in his prime for much of his career?

Gotta somehow recoup some draft capital dealt to SEA, who by the way could have a realistic chance at the overall #1 selection next year. This team is pathetic and I hope season ticket holders are no shows for the rest of the season. Gotta send a message that this is unacceptable!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No. I'd rather have had a decade of Drew Lock hell than Watson. I don't care how good the dude is. Football is supposed to be fun and an escape from reality. I could not in good conscience have continued to be a die hard supporter of a team that brought that guy in to be the face of their franchise.

Also, the word "circumstances" is doing a LOT of work there. Those "circumstances" are totally of his own making because he is a scumbag of the lowest order who should be rotting in prison.

I would rather have to see Russ do 1000 lame/corny things and go 0-17 every year he's here than spend one game with Watson as our QB.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You can have a team led by a corporate sounding robot who might be shot versus a predatorial scumbag.

5. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, Watson's team went 4-12 in his last full year as a starter. I don't care how bad the team around you is, if you're an elite QB like Watson is supposed to be, you should never ever be going 4-12. I am still very glad for that dude not to be our problem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, i know Watson has talent but the fact he is sitting on the bench due to off the field issues is a huge red flag and as Wave pointed out its not like he was the saving grace in Houston either. This is the same guy who was up 24-3 on the Chiefs in a playoff game and couldnt muster any more points to win the game when they needed him too.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Hell no.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I would simply say “No” but am required to enter more than 3 characters. So, No!

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I liked Watson more than Wilson from the amount of career in front of him when he first demanded a trade and before his happy endings became such a thing. The guy I really wanted was Rodgers. I was excited at first to get Russ, then that got tempered over the summer when a bunch of serviceable QB's could have been had for peanuts. That's when I started wondering just how big of an upgrade he really was for that price tag. Our WR corps is also not nearly as good as everyone thought going in, and with Javonte out most of the year, the offense lacks teeth. I still think Wilson can be serviceable with a better coach, but it's spiraling to the point that you have to expect the unexpected. What I really wish is that Paton had drafted Fields. If we were still this bad, then you can move on and still get better. Instead we are leaking talent and don't have the picks with a QB that maynot be able to be a difference maker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Rodgers, Watson, Wilson … in that order.

We don’t know how Watson will play, he hasn’t played in a long time … but I say I’d take Watson even with the benefit of hindsight.

I’d enjoy having Watson even more knowing Wave would be miserable.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information