Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Derek Wolfe is live on YT right now saying Denver needs to dump the entire coaching staff

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Let's make it 4!

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Let's make it 4!
    I second the motion. All in favor say "aye!"
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Four times! It’s only happened 4 times!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think y'all are dead wrong on this and I'd bet a lot of money on it. Coaches NEVER get fired in the middle of their first season. Like never. The only exception I can ever think of is Urban Meyer, which admittedly was last year, but he was completely scandal-ridden with the hiring of the racist coach, assaulting his kicker, and skipping out on the team flight to hit on college chicks at bars. You have to be actively mired in scandal to not even make it a year as a head coach. For all the issues on the field, he's been clean off it. And that'll be enough to get him through the year.
    That's not what's coming from the owners via rumors to Si and other publications......They have big pockets and are embarrassed. Rich people don't play. This wasn't a rebuild year this was playoffs or bust all through the building.....shit will hit the fan. Maybe not after the Jags game but if we come out the bye losing to the titans and looking the same way its a wrap IMO.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-25-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Denver will not win another game.

You heard it here first.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

What a miss and to do it when guys like Daboll and McDaniel were out there hurts even worse. Feels a little like missing in Kyle during Ellis obsession with Joseph

Edit and freaking Oconnell was out there too. Shit
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 10-26-2022 at 04:27 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Did they even wait for O'Connell to be available before hiring Hackett?

Just bring Shanahan back and let him fix the Offense. I'll bet he could do it and would take the job.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Did they even wait for O'Connell to be available before hiring Hackett?

Just bring Shanahan back and let him fix the Offense. I'll bet he could do it and would take the job.
    Yes he was one of the 10 I think, according to Elway he interviewed very well.

My God, enough with bringing Mike Shanahan back. Why can't people move on? He's old and not coming back and has been out of the game a long time. He also wasn't that great towards the end.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rosebus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebus View Post
    My God, enough with bringing Mike Shanahan back. Why can't people move on? He's old and not coming back and has been out of the game a long time. He also wasn't that great towards the end.
    Yeah that would be just about the most desperate move possible. He hasn't been a successful coach in almost 20 years at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Worked to an extent when the Colts brought Ted Marchibroda back. He took a team that hadn't done anything in decades to the AFCCG and was a play away from the SB. 23 years between Head Coaching gigs for the Colts.

Since we have no way of getting Sean Peyton, who else is established that would do it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Worked to an extent when the Colts brought Ted Marchibroda back. He took a team that hadn't done anything in decades to the AFCCG and was a play away from the SB. 23 years between Head Coaching gigs for the Colts.

Since we have no way of getting Sean Peyton, who else is established that would do it?
    And it worked terribly when the skins brought back Gibbs. Bringing in Shanahan would be to admit we have no answers and are just paying that nostalgia will save us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think Mike enjoys playing golf these days.

Lets also remember that one reason why he was let go in the first place was because he didnt want to just be a HC, he wanted control of everything and that simply wasnt working anymore. I dont see Mike coming back without getting the control he once had.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And it worked terribly when the skins brought back Gibbs. Bringing in Shanahan would be to admit we have no answers and are just paying that nostalgia will save us.
    Really? Because they had turned into a dumpster fire which is why the brought him back. They didn't win a SB but did return to the playoffs twice, even while losing a star player who died tragically.

Do you ever research these points before you throw them out there?

I only mention Mike Shanahan because he was willing to do that before but Ellis blocked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebus View Post
    When I referenced Shanahan, I was not thinking about him as the HC, but as someone who could come in as an offensive advisor to Hackett.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

21. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information