Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I hope he does more high knees on a plane
    Only after a win please

4. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm actually excited to see what Russ does this year. If all the events of last season didn't humble and refocus him, nothing can. I still don't know what he has left in the tank, but between better coaching and an improved approach on his end we should see the best version of whatever he has left.

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm actually excited to see what Russ does this year. If all the events of last season didn't humble and refocus him, nothing can. I still don't know what he has left in the tank, but between better coaching and an improved approach on his end we should see the best version of whatever he has left.
    The quote that stuck out from me from Payton early on is when he said, "We're gonna take Russ off the high dive. He’ll need to be there six-to-eight times per game though."

In that same presser he said "none of us want to be at a karaoke bar with a song we don’t know the words to."

Translation: What the hell was Nathaniel Hackett doing trying to have Russ run the Aaron Rodgers offense? He's a read option QB who needs to rely much more on the run game.

Some of those Kurt Warner film breakdowns were like "What the hell is Russ doing? This is rookie stuff."

...So just getting him in the right offense should make such a big difference this year, in theory. I'm very cautiously optimistic that at minimum, it shouldn't be the train wreck historically bad offense we saw last year.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

I believe his tank is still 5 or 6 years full. Full of JET fuel. People are now hoping for a Jake plummer type season. I expect a deep playoff push and superb numbers. They may not be Manning 2023 as I feel we will have a lot of rushing yards and scores, but a upper 20s/low 30s ppg is there!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The quote that stuck out from me from Payton early on is when he said, "We're gonna take Russ off the high dive. He’ll need to be there six-to-eight times per game though."

In that same presser he said "none of us want to be at a karaoke bar with a song we don’t know the words to."

Translation: What the hell was Nathaniel Hackett doing trying to have Russ run the Aaron Rodgers offense? He's a read option QB who needs to rely much more on the run game.

Some of those Kurt Warner film breakdowns were like "What the hell is Russ doing? This is rookie stuff."

...So just getting him in the right offense should make such a big difference this year, in theory. I'm very cautiously optimistic that at minimum, it shouldn't be the train wreck historically bad offense we saw last year.
    When we saw the exact same plan week after week I think it was obvious where the bulk of the fault laid, it became even more obvious when the offense looked half decent after Hack was canned

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I hope he does more high knees on a plane
    Lets be honest....We actually won the game post his high knees so maybe he didnt do enough of them throughout the season, he was a bit thick most of the year

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    When we saw the exact same plan week after week I think it was obvious where the bulk of the fault laid, it became even more obvious when the offense looked half decent after Hack was canned
    You mean when we didn't make him do seven step drops every play behind a shit OL throwing to the same shitty route concepts every game? Russ will be fine. No idea if he will find his full form of old, but at a bare minimum I expect it to be the best statistical QB season we have seen in Denver since manning in 2014.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    You mean when we didn't make him do seven step drops every play behind a shit OL throwing to the same shitty route concepts every game? Russ will be fine. No idea if he will find his full form of old, but at a bare minimum I expect it to be the best statistical QB season we have seen in Denver since manning in 2014.
    I'd be pretty disappointed if it's not the best Broncos QB season since Manning. That bar is depressingly low.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'd be pretty disappointed if it's not the best Broncos QB season since Manning. That bar is depressingly low.
    Low expectations is a good thing at his point. We can only go up lol

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Low expectations is a good thing at his point. We can only go up lol
    Yeah I think the whole team was kinda sniffing their own farts heading into last season with Russ coming in. Then they got slapped with a dose of reality. Coming in under the radar with low expectations is exactly what this team needs.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I think he will have a good year all around. I actually expect him personally to have a top 10 QB type season. The rest of the team has issues though, health is always a variable, we have very little depth, no kicking game, and new schemes across the board, depth is a far bigger issue then people realize for this team. Ceiling is 10-7 IMO.

24. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think he will have a good year all around. I actually expect him personally to have a top 10 QB type season. The rest of the team has issues though, health is always a variable, we have very little depth, no kicking game, and new schemes across the board, depth is a far bigger issue then people realize for this team. Ceiling is 10-7 IMO.
    Not to mention a stacked AFC. I agree it's hard to see much more than 10-7. That would be a really good season. A much needed step in the right direction.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Not to mention a stacked AFC. I agree it's hard to see much more than 10-7. That would be a really good season. A much needed step in the right direction.

Probably about the best we should expect if we are all being honest

28. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

I would be ok with 10-7

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information