Page 173 of 192 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2871

Thread: Is Russ a fraud?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It would objectively be funny, even without the epic troll.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    It would objectively be funny, even without the epic troll.
    I’ll take Russ off your hands if you send a second and third rounder, and you pay half his contract.

Or you cut him and we pay him vet minimum.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If I died he would celebrate my passing.

I think you are over rating yourself again.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

The answer to this thread right now is yes, Russell Wilson has stolen money from the Denver Broncos because he was signed to be a franchise, All Pro, future Hall of Fame QB and he is being paid big money to do so. Instead, this is a game manager QB that only actually seems to show up when the team is down 2 scores or 5 losses into a season. He has been a catastrophic disappointment. With that said...

Russ will be back next year because the financials don't make sense to cut him until the end of next year. There are injury guarantees I think that can be triggered, but they extend into the following year only I think. The most likely outcome is that Russ comes back since the contract is tradeable but not cuttable.

The Broncos can't cut him before June 1, and when they cut him the deal will free up zero cap space. A post June 1 trade, on the other hand, would save $17 million in cap space. Due to Russ's no-trade clause, it would be complicated to get him to agree to move, but I think a team like the Steelers, Vikings, or Falcons would appeal to him on the surface and if there was an offseason or camp injury, I think the Cowboys, Rams, Ravens, or Dolphins would be perfect situations for him. Whoever hypothetically acquired him will almost certainly cut him in the following offseason barring a complete career resurgence (just as the Broncos will).

Assuming this is the case, the Broncos best bet seems to be to keep him and cross their fingers that either another offseason in the system boosts Russ's productivity and/or a dream QB falls into their lap or far down enough to trade next year's first to move up for him. Either way, Russ will be back on the roster next year and if he wants off due to a QB being drafted, he can waive his no trade clause.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

If he's on the roster next year, it also guarantees his 2025 salary. He gone.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I think you are over rating yourself again.
    He hate me.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He hate me.
    To be fair, so do most people. But the good news you have learned not give a **** about it. I do highly respect that of you, plus your bravery to eat American fast food….
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    If he's on the roster next year, it also guarantees his 2025 salary. He gone.
    It going to,drive some interesting roster decisions

When, instead of climbing the ladder into a clean pocket, Russ runs in a circle into a sack, and the Oline just looks at him on the ground and walks away, that is very telling…

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

The killer for me, the patriot play a lot cover 3 rip and holes in defense is area of the field that Russ is good at hitting. He is so crappy on reading defense right now it killing drives.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

I’m not one of those people whose favorite player is the backup QB, but with the playoffs out of reach, I’d like to see Stidham get a start or two so that we can see if he can be effective in the offense. That would give the team more options if they decide to move on from Wilson.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I’m not one of those people whose favorite player is the backup QB, but with the playoffs out of reach, I’d like to see Stidham get a start or two so that we can see if he can be effective in the offense. That would give the team more options if they decide to move on from Wilson.
    There really was only one guy who loved every backup that the Broncos have had and he isnt even on the forum anymore. I dont think its irrational to want to see a change if nothing more than to see how the offense reacts. It could go worse or even maybe get better if not for a short time. At this point in time Denver has nothing to really lose in mixing it up. I dont think anyone rationally can argue keeping Russ at the current contract and i dont see Wilson re-structuring going forward (why would he?).

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Winston will be a free agent. He is a viable stop gap.

20. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Winston is to turnover prone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    But what if he’s better? He goes in and wins two in a row, it’s Drew Lock 2019 all over again.

Put in Kendall Hinton.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information