Page 156 of 192 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2871

Thread: Is Russ a fraud?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    It's worth noting that they were without Bosa, while we didn't have McGlinchey, and IMO the pass pro was still pretty damn shaky. Still, we should probably be grateful for any improvement. O-line is the unit where cohesion matters the most, and there's simply no substitute for live game reps. Even if we get lucky on the health front (not holding my breath over here!), it will be mid-season at least before that group really rounds into form and shows us what we've got. I most definitely think it's going to require at least one more off-season of rather significant investment to truly build a legitimate quality line, so "progress" is going to be my watch word this year. Just be functional, not a total abortion that completely sabotages any chance of success the rest of the team has. If they can somehow manage to be better than competent, that's basically found money IMO, and I will be f'n delighted about it. Especially considering that our OL coach is also in his first year in that position.
    This is where I’m at regarding our OL. I went from feeling deflated to at least being somewhat encouraged by the progress week over week. This is what I expect from professional level coaching, progress. It takes time to turn it all around. I still think playoffs is our barometer for success in this season.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    This is where I’m at regarding our OL. I went from feeling deflated to at least being somewhat encouraged by the progress week over week. This is what I expect from professional level coaching, progress. It takes time to turn it all around. I still think playoffs is our barometer for success in this season.
    Agreed. Anything less will be a failure.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

4. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Yep.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I'm kinda at a point where if we just win more than we lose, that's a win for me. That may or may not by default land us in the playoffs, but I just can't handle another losing season.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm kinda at a point where if we just win more than we lose, that's a win for me. That may or may not by default land us in the playoffs, but I just can't handle another losing season.
    Understood. They are draining.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Playoffs? Nah - we don't have the horses to outgun the top QBs in the AFC.
    The best we can hope for is a competitive season where the offense doesn't look like trash and Wilson takes a massive pay cut in the offseason. Otherwise we'll have to blow it up, get rid of that contract, take the dead money hit, and start on another rebuild looking for a QB yet again.

I mean, let's be real here - the most impressive guy on offense has been an undersized, undrafted free agent RB. That pretty much says it all.
    Last edited by Helios; 08-24-2023 at 04:36 AM.

10. The Following User High Fived Helios For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Playoffs? Nah - we don't have the horses to outgun the top QBs in the AFC.
    The best we can hope for is a competitive season where the offense doesn't look like trash and Wilson takes a massive pay cut in the offseason. Otherwise we'll have to blow it up, get rid of that contract, take the dead money hit, and start on another rebuild looking for a QB yet again.

I mean, let's be real here - the most impressive guy on offense has been an undersized, undrafted free agent RB. That pretty much says it all.
    Don't sell this offense short! The 4th string undrafted tackle has also been impressive, apparently. So we've got that going for us.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Don't sell this offense short! The 4th string undrafted tackle has also been impressive, apparently. So we've got that going for us.

Yeah, or the no name TE who we got for a 6th round pick and now sits at the top of the depth chart!

But it's cool, Wilson dropped weight so he's back to pro bowl Russ now.

It's hard to believe in this team anymore. Not after they got clowned by Mcdouche last year when they were a clown show themselves.

14. The Following User High Fived Helios For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

They should play McGlinchey at LT when he comes back and bench Bolles, who sucks.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

McGlinchey played LT in college and never got the opportunity in NFL, stranger thangs.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Yeah, or the no name TE who we got for a 6th round pick and now sits at the top of the depth chart!

But it's cool, Wilson dropped weight so he's back to pro bowl Russ now.

It's hard to believe in this team anymore. Not after they got clowned by Mcdouche last year when they were a clown show themselves.
    Trautman isn't horrible, and he's someone Payton Drafted with the Saints, Payton is familiar with him and Trautman is familiar with the offense.

Dulcich is great, but he can't block, so everytime he's on the field it pretty much screams "pass play". It doesn't seem too crazy to me seeing Trautman up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Trautman isn't horrible, and he's someone Payton Drafted with the Saints, Payton is familiar with him and Trautman is familiar with the offense.

Dulcich is great, but he can't block, so everytime he's on the field it pretty much screams "pass play". It doesn't seem too crazy to me seeing Trautman up top.
    When the best thing you can say about our #1 TE is that "he isn't horrible" you're resting my case.

Thanks for doing that.

We've got an aging QB who's best attribute is the deep ball and any deep threat worth a stable hamstring from Patrick, Hamler, to Jalen Virgil is now on IR.

But hey we've got a half a dozen try hard trautmans.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Helios For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...oncos-priority

When Wilson devolves into “Gigantic ******* douche bag thief” and “sexual predator” territory we’ll ask Brett Farve about his opinion on Wilson’s priorities.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Of course Farve is doing the Jason Whitless podcast, two douchebag pees in a douchebag pee pod.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Wilson was the 5th rated QBR QB in week 1. He will be just fine. Favre can go f right off.

27. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information