Page 58 of 192 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Russ a fraud?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If he really is a system QB who needs the perfect coaching fit to succeed, maybe the Broncos should have thought twice about sending all those assets for him then locking him down for 7 years.
    We had 3 ways out, Trade for Russ or Rodgers, Draft a guy like picket or stick with a Teddy B, Jimmy G, Drew Lock etc....We didn't necessarily chose wrong at QB, We chose wrong at coach. We picked a guy who has never lead anything was a OC in name only who didn't call plays and has history of being Rodgers QB guy that's it. That was his resume. Its over for Hackett IMO. I wont be surprised if its over for Paton either, Regardless of whether it should or shouldn't be. Only way out of this is a legit proven HC or at least a hot shot OC under someone like Evero with a proven play calling background who isn't afraid to ruffle players feelings and challenge a guy like Russ.

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    We know he has made mistakes his year that's clear. 60% Hackett, 20% Player execution and that's everything from Melvin Gordon being a shit Runner and fumbling to Russ making bad throws and having shit plays, and 20% injuries. Hard to win with 3rd string OL when you first string OL is barely cracking avg anyway and you then are dropping like flies, and your coach cant create simple route concepts to negate injuries or play calls on 3rd and 4 for 5 yds. Its a whole team problem but the buck starts and stops with Hackett its that simple.
    I would buy this, if he had performed even remotely better with his first string lineman.

At some point the excuses become that, excuses.

Russ is a guy who fits a certain mold, is a mobile QB on the wrong side of young, and is starting to decline, like all mobile guys do.

We can blame Hackett all day, or the Oline, or the WR's not making plays, but there are far more clips of the other guys doing enough, and the QB not, to show this is more 60% Russ and 40% coach.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

My dad once told me that in times of crisis you focus on the things that you can control. Russ cannot control his HC, the playcalls, etc. But he can focus on things like accuracy, pre-snap diagnosis, yada yada yada. He has been an F- QB in those regards. That is why it is hard to give him a pass. Mostly because he makes it hard on himself to pass. That almost makes sense, but you get me.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by king87 View Post
    my dad once told me that in times of crisis you focus on the things that you can control. Russ cannot control his hc, the playcalls, etc. But he can focus on things like accuracy, pre-snap diagnosis, yada yada yada. He has been an f- qb in those regards. That is why it is hard to give him a pass. Mostly because he makes it hard on himself to pass. That almost makes sense, but you get me.
    that ****** extension was gayer that joe blowing elton john

8. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    that ****** extension was gayer that joe blowing elton john
    Elton could pick out the blitzer

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    I would buy this, if he had performed even remotely better with his first string lineman.

At some point the excuses become that, excuses.

Russ is a guy who fits a certain mold, is a mobile QB on the wrong side of young, and is starting to decline, like all mobile guys do.

We can blame Hackett all day, or the Oline, or the WR's not making plays, but there are far more clips of the other guys doing enough, and the QB not, to show this is more 60% Russ and 40% coach.
    No, the coach isn't a coach he is a glorified clipboard holder with, an offense being run that doesn't fit Russ at all and is exact opposite of what they ran all off-season because he loves to slobber all over Russ's nuts. This is Hackett being in over his head leading a team decimated by injury while he tries to befriend everyone instead of coaching them. He has zero ability to adjust to anything that is happening. The colts' games and titans' games were horrible for Russ. Russ is also why we even have 3 wins to begin with.

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

No, the coach isn't a coach he is a glorified clipboard holder with, an offense being run that doesn't fit Russ at all and is exact opposite of what they ran all off-season because he loves to slobber all over Russ's nuts. This is Hackett being in over his head leading a team decimated by injury while he tries to befriend everyone instead of coaching them. He has zero ability to adjust to anything that is happening. The colts' games and titans' games were horrible for Russ. Russ is also why we even have 3 wins to begin with.
    You are bending over backwards to give Russ excuses.

So what you are basically saying is "Russ is a system QB" and that is on Hackett for not reforming the offense he wants to run to fit the guy he has. Instead of the "HOF" qb being competent enough to run the offense he is in. That sounds to me like the coach and gm made a huge evaluation mistake on the guy they spent the farm on more so than the failure to create a functional game plan. I am not sure that what you claim about running a different offense from training camp to regular season is viable, seems more like a reach to me. If that is the case, maybe it is Hackett trying to adjust to the things Russ can actually accomplish, and if thats the case the whole damn thing needs to be dumped.

I think russ being the leading factor in our wins is also debatable.

San fran, D caused 3 TO Russ pased for 160, we rushed for 101.

Jax d caused 2 TO russ passed for 230 we rushed for 101.

Houston, maybe you can give him the green light, but we also rushed for 149.

I would argue we dont win a single game if the Defense isnt playing at this level

14. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

To Krugans point: If you're a scrambling QB who can make plays with your legs, you are literally the best suited type of QB to survive a bad system. Because you yourself are better equipped to improvise and make plays. It's not like being Drew Bledsoe and being trapped behind a bad line. Then again, a guy like Bledsoe survived that. His name was Peyton Mother ******* Manning. Brady has also done this, as well as Drew Brees, etc. If you're a HoF guy, this is survivable.

Russ has to look himself in the mirror and have a tough convo with himself.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Wilson is still very mobile, but he clearly refuses to use his legs.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Supth, Link?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Yup. He has the means to make this better but he's unwilling. It's pathetic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Yup. He has the means to make this better but he's unwilling. It's pathetic.
    Drama queen.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Drama queen.
    Well his TikToks are bad but I don't think I'd go that far.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Tick tocks in Mexico = Fraudchise QB
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

26. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information