Page 147 of 192 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2871

Thread: Is Russ a fraud?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Who let Richard Sherman on these message boards
    First off, Sherman would never say anyone is smarter than himself.

Second off:

2. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I can’t help it, I like Richard Sherman.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Very little of the criticism I've seen of Russ has been about his character. Even his toughest critics mostly agree that he's a great guy in the community.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Very little of the criticism I've seen of Russ has been about his character. Even his toughest critics mostly agree that he's a great guy in the community.
    Would you consider personality and just generally “who” someone is to be a part of their character?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Would you consider personality and just generally “who” someone is to be a part of their character?
    I generally think of someone's "character" in terms of how they treat other people. So someone like Deshaun Watson or Tyreke Hill or Kareem Hunt I would say have poor character. I don't think being corny/awkward/weirdo are traits of having bad character. Maybe you could argue the being a bad teammate by having his own private locker/coaches/etc reflects on his character, but I think that's borderline. I just think we've gotten to a point where the backlash to the backlash has gotten more severe than the actual backlash. Most of the discourse about Russ was just people making fun of him and cracking jokes at his expense. I didn't see much legit character assassination of people calling him a POS person or anything.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I generally think of someone's "character" in terms of how they treat other people. So someone like Deshaun Watson or Tyreke Hill or Kareem Hunt I would say have poor character. I don't think being corny/awkward/weirdo are traits of having bad character. Maybe you could argue the being a bad teammate by having his own private locker/coaches/etc reflects on his character, but I think that's borderline. I just think we've gotten to a point where the backlash to the backlash has gotten more severe than the actual backlash. Most of the discourse about Russ was just people making fun of him and cracking jokes at his expense. I didn't see much legit character assassination of people calling him a POS person or anything.
    So nothing really having to do with football skills then, at least most of the discourse. That, to me, makes it personal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So nothing really having to do with football skills then, at least most of the discourse. That, to me, makes it personal.
    You don't think how he is as a teammate has anything to do with football?

Also making it personal isn't the same as attacking his character. I can think someone is corny/weird/awkward and still think they have strong moral character.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    This is our tradition.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You don't think how he is as a teammate has anything to do with football?

Also making it personal isn't the same as attacking his character. I can think someone is corny/weird/awkward and still think they have strong moral character.
    He can be a weirdo that flopped on his face after his branded and marketed schtick exploded in his face, while rubbing some teammates the wrong way, and play like a dingbat and not be a monster.

They really out here acting like we called him Hitler, fam.

They sorry.

17. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Russ basically set himself up for failure if he didn't go ham this past season, had issues with teammates that have been reported about for literal years, etc. He got memed to death by the internet, just like a lot of other NFL players do. A lot of the memeing lasted forever because of how high-profile the trade was, the expectations, and how Russ acted. When you proclaim from the mountain tops about how you are that dude and then flop you get styled on. This is how it works. That isn't unfair.

It's fair to poke fun at how cringe he is because he puts that shit out there for consumption. Floundering around after doing that promotional crap, for months, is fair game. This is standard stuff, it doesn't change just because he's your QB.

So what's not fair? Obviously some of the criticisms--which don't exist here, fwiw--about him as a father and a man are out there, but that's not the bulk of it. That shit is awful. But that's not the majority of the memeing or the haha'ing.

It's the fakeness, guys. Come off it. Trying to pass off routine mockery and football takes over the course of a long season as some beyond the pale content is nonsense. Stop letting the echo chamber of like-minded folks drive you towards an untenable position. We are now pretending that reporting on those issues, poking fun at a guy who went hardcore into self-promotion, and who has had issues with teammates is unfair. Y'all are acting like he got the Colin Kaepernick treatment.

He has not gotten the Colin Kaepernick treatment.

We have now circled back to the "this has nothing to do with football," which is hard to defend because some of the most objected to reports on here are about locker room issues. Maybe, just maybe, when a guy is that into himself it could be a problem on the football field? As if we've never seen that sort of thing before. Maybe it's a story, or noteworthy, when a guy goes as far as Russ did this past season. I know, it's easy to throw this all out as 'lulz tiktoks' or 'this is tmz' or the other nonsense we've seen in the thread. Great. And if those reports didn't come from high profile reporters, former players who know him/Denver, etc. it'd be fine. But that wasn't the case.

No one crucified the man. He is not a martyr. Some of the people riding for Russ I can get behind because they dummy thicc, but seriously it's because they're pretty low-end on the hate/angst/griping that is valid for a fan. Some of y'all might want to remember your posts, takes, links, arguments, etc. about other football players, including Denver players.

And for the record, because I already see this one coming, and it's been recently invoked against me: it would be dope if Russ was elite next season and Denver had a amazing season. FFS, I even want that and I'm a Steelers fan; it's nice when Denver is good because you ****s are happy. And I like it when you ****s are happy.

I thought it was bad when I watched fans blame the line for Russ throwing a pick six when he had good protection, but I stumble back into this thread every now and again and it's wild.

Y'all are wild.

Stop being wild.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Kap was actually treated the way people act like Russ is treated, and that shit actually had zero to do with football.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Kap was actually treated the way people act like Russ is treated, and that shit actually had zero to do with football.
    For a brief moment the universe recoiled in awe as the might of two Stylish forces coincided once again. The heavens quaked, the depths of hell trembled, and then it passed. But for one final instance, the unstoppable forces were present once again.

/thread

22. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Well Kap was about a whole lotta things that had nothing to do with football. If he cared all that much about football he would have been a Denver Bronco back in the day. Football is not what Kap cares about.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information