Page 123 of 192 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2871

Thread: Is Russ a fraud?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    His daughter does a great job on it as well

Just in case some of y’all never heard Toni Cornell sing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Chris Cornell-- not a fraud.

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Chris Cornell-- not a fraud.
    I've figured out what I like about Chris's vocals, and it's his control. It's not his range, etc., or his timbre, although his rich baritone is probably essential.

He is just so fuggin lazy while he runs the razor down your arm.

And he means to run it down your arm, deep enough to hit important stuff.

Also, you can see into his soul as a performer. He is terminally humble. That is wicked attractive. He doesn't need to be humble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

Just in case some of y’all never heard Toni Cornell sing.
    IMHO Bob Marley performs and sings this song the best of any other performer or singer that I have heard so far.

Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    IMHO Bob Marley performs and sings this song the best of any other performer or singer that I have heard so far.
    Well, sure. It's his song.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Well, sure. It's his song.
    UB40 did Red Red Wine better than Neil Diamond.

I said what I said.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Is UB40 the father of matchbox 20 (MB20)?

#conspiracy

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Ya know, in he aftermath of the Payton press conference and the fallout from some of the sound bites and comments, I really hope that Wilson has a career year. I’ve already grown absolutely tired of hearing every single never-was piece of shit “sports journalist” (99% of whom are just ********* with a Twitter account) flexing on Wilson and absolutely kicking him when he’s down. It’s disgraceful how quickly the media and the fans have turned on this guy after one season. Shitbags like Albert Haynesworth didn’t receive this kind of criticism.

Yep. He had a down year. Yep, he, like everybody’s favorite knob to gobble Thom Lady, hired his own personal coach and had people he personally hired for whatever reasons. Yes, he’s kinda socially awkward and can come off as phony sometimes. Maybe he even had his own parking space and office in the facility. It amazes me how an athlete who has never had a bad thing to say about anyone, if he did nothing else with his career and retired tomorrow is a HOFer, and is a Walter Payton Man of the Year winner based on his charity/community work can breed this kind of hatred, resentment, and utter celebration of failure by everyone from the mainstream media, to the Twittiots (yes I just made that up, Trademarked!), to even Broncos fans just stumbling over themselves, gleefully reveling, and high-fiving each other over this guy’s misfortune.

It’s really sad that this somehow passes for “sports journalism” these days.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 02-07-2023 at 09:32 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Ya know, in he aftermath of the Payton press conference and the fallout from some of the sound bites and comments, I really hope that Wilson has a career year. I’ve already grown absolutely tired of hearing every single never-was piece of shit “sports journalist” (99% of whom are just ********* with a Twitter account) flexing on Wilson and absolutely kicking him when he’s down. It’s disgraceful how quickly the media and the fans have turned on this guy after one season. Shitbags like Albert Haynesworth didn’t receive this kind of criticism.

Yep. He had a down year. Yep, he, like everybody’s favorite knob to gobble Thom Lady, hired his own personal coach and had people he personally hired for whatever reasons. Yes, he’s kinda socially awkward and can come off as phony sometimes. Maybe he even had his own parking space and office in the facility. It amazes me how an athlete who has never had a bad thing to say about anyone, if he did nothing else with his career and retired tomorrow is a HOFer, and is a Walter Payton Man of the Year winner based on his charity/community work can breed this kind of hatred, resentment, and utter celebration of failure by everyone from the mainstream media, to the Twittiots (yes I just made that up, Trademarked!), to even Broncos fans just stumbling over themselves, gleefully reveling, and high-fiving each other over this guy’s misfortune.

For 7 months I’ve been just in awe of how personal the Wilson criticism has become.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He's a public figure. Boo hoo. He can cry himself to sleep in his 12 bathroom home.

It will just take one thing to change the public narrative on him: Play better and lead us to wins.

As for the personal coach thing, yes, most players have personal coaches. Most of them don't bring their personal coach to work. That's a pretty big slap in the face to the coaches of your team, and I applaud Payton for nixing that. BB didn't let Brady's personal staff in the building either.

Imagine if all 53 players tried to bring their personal coaches and trainers to team headquarters every day. It would total chaos. Can't give one player preferential treatment in that regard.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    For 7 months I’ve been just in awe of how personal the Wilson criticism has become.
    You probably shouldn't get so bent out of shape over valid criticism.

22. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You probably shouldn't get so bent out of shape over valid criticism.
    The white knighting for him is just as lame as the over the top personal criticism. He's an adult who chose to go into a profession that comes with intense public scrutiny. If he wanted to be anonymous he could have played baseball instead.

He ultimately brings a lot of the criticism on himself, and like I said, playing well and winning will cure all.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He's a public figure. Boo hoo. He can cry himself to sleep in his 12 bathroom home.

It will just take one thing to change the public narrative on him: Play better and lead us to wins.

As for the personal coach thing, yes, most players have personal coaches. Most of them don't bring their personal coach to work. That's a pretty big slap in the face to the coaches of your team, and I applaud Payton for nixing that. BB didn't let Brady's personal staff in the building either.

Imagine if all 53 players tried to bring their personal coaches and trainers to team headquarters every day. It would total chaos. Can't give one player preferential treatment in that regard.
    It’s not about critiquing his play. It’s become completely personal with this guy as if everyone is celebrating his failure on the field as a result of him being a terrible person off the field who drives drunk, drowns kittens, beats his wife, and hates old people. It’s almost as if the expectations were so high, and people got so insanely jealous that everyone was just waiting with bated breath for him to fail professionally so they could attack him personally. Tom Brady’s personal coach did have access to the facilities the whole time and it wasn’t until the last season he was a Cheatriot that BB finally decided to ban him from the facility, not because of Brady, but because Brady’s teammates were consulting his personal coach/dietitian/lover whatever he was, instead of the training staff.

Tom Brady is celebrated as the GOAT for what he’s done on the field because he won championships, never mind the fact that he’s a cheater, an ******* off the field, and has never attempted to help anyone but Tom Brady with all his money and influence. His “charitable foundation” he didn’t even start until 2015 and it’s whole mission to “empower athletes everywhere to do what he’s done in his own storied career – keep going despite the odds”. WTF is that? Yet, not once in his entire career has he received even 1/10th the ire and hatred and personal venom that Wilson has after one bad season. Frankly, I think it’s kinda shameful.

Yeah, I was upset about Wilson’s performance this year as I was with the whole organization. So much so I took half a season off from watching the team. It’s just ridiculous how much hatred this guy has gotten for what, having a bad season behind a bad Oline with the most banged up team in the league and a rookie HC who was clearly in over his head. Hell, even Hackett, who hasn’t earned anything, gets less flack than Wilson half the people are saying it was Wilson’s fault Hackett got fired. That’s ludicrous.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It’s not about critiquing his play. It’s become completely personal with this guy as if everyone is celebrating his failure on the field as a result of him being a terrible person off the field who drives drunk, drowns kittens, beats his wife, and hates old people. It’s almost as if the expectations were so high, and people got so insanely jealous that everyone was just waiting with bated breath for him to fail professionally so they could attack him personally. Tom Brady’s personal coach did have access to the facilities the whole time and it wasn’t until the last season he was a Cheatriot that BB finally decided to ban him from the facility, not because of Brady, but because Brady’s teammates were consulting his personal coach/dietitian/lover whatever he was, instead of the training staff.

Tom Brady is celebrated as the GOAT for what he’s done on the field because he won championships, never mind the fact that he’s a cheater, an ******* off the field, and has never attempted to help anyone but Tom Brady with all his money and influence. His “charitable foundation” he didn’t even start until 2015 and it’s whole mission to “empower athletes everywhere to do what he’s done in his own storied career – keep going despite the odds”. WTF is that? Yet, not once in his entire career has he received even 1/10th the ire and hatred and personal venom that Wilson has after one bad season. Frankly, I think it’s kinda shameful.

Yeah, I was upset about Wilson’s performance this year as I was with the whole organization. So much so I took half a season off from watching the team. It’s just ridiculous how much hatred this guy has gotten for what, having a bad season behind a bad Oline with the most banged up team in the league and a rookie HC who was clearly in over his head. Hell, even Hackett, who hasn’t earned anything, gets less flack than Wilson half the people are saying it was Wilson’s fault Hackett got fired. That’s ludicrous.
    I think it's really weird that you're white knighting for him this hard. He's a grown man, he can probably handle the criticism.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information