Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Wolfe RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Benjamin Albright knows his stuff he’s definitely on the inside as far as broncos go, dude knows what’s he’s talking about and far from arrogant. Smh he just gets tired of some broncos fans not having a clue what they are talking about the same way I get irritated about it as well.
    Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Ben?
    What?

Nvm I’m walking away:

What?

Nvm I’m walking away:
    Ohh you know, you know it all, you reinforce it with every little key stroke...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Polumbus was pretty awful. Seems like a good dude and he’s Colorado to his bones but he wasn’t very good on that show.
    huh. . . he was arguably my favorite, outside of chad brown. . . go figure. . . probably because he was calm, and was never a hyperbolic shock jock like dmac and merilatt, who intentionally say outrageously dumb shit just because they know it will get a reaction. . . like GEM, i loved nalen. . . and i typically enjoy stokely. . . orlando franklin, OTOH, is just painful to listen to. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    huh. . . he was arguably my favorite, outside of chad brown. . . go figure. . . probably because he was calm, and was never a hyperbolic shock jock like dmac and merilatt, who intentionally say outrageously dumb shit just because they know it will get a reaction. . . like GEM, i loved nalen. . . and i typically enjoy stokely. . . orlando franklin, OTOH, is just painful to listen to. . .
    When they have Merilatt on, I want to slam my head into a 2 ton slice of concrete. The guy is a friggen moron...not even a shock jock, his takes are just so stupid they can't even be considered as being made for shock value.

I liked Polumbus, seemed he was a good opposite to Dmac....but I've heard Wolfe on a few podcasts and he's friggen awesome!!! He's a fantastic follow on twitter as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Benjamin Albright knows his stuff he’s definitely on the inside as far as broncos go, dude knows what’s he’s talking about and far from arrogant. Smh he just gets tired of some broncos fans not having a clue what they are talking about the same way I get irritated about it as well.
    You must really hate yourself. Sorry, that must suck. Thoughts and prayers.

8. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    You must really hate yourself. Sorry, that must suck. Thoughts and prayers.
    Don’t use the Bible and the father and prayers in vain! Grrrr

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Derek Wolfe Introduced as Tyler Polumbus Replacement on 104.3 The Fan

On September 18, former Denver Bronco-turned-broadcaster Tyler Polumbus announced that his contract hadn't been renewed with sports-radio station 104.3 The Fan, ending his first-rate stint as co-host of weekday afternoon staple The Drive with Best of Denver winner Darren "D-Mac" McKee. Asked for details the next day, a source close to the outlet would only say that management had been presented with "a unique opportunity" to obtain the services of a notable new partner for D-Mac.

During the final hour of The Drive yesterday, October 3, that new co-host was introduced: Derek Wolfe, one of the most outsized personalities on the Broncos squad that won Super Bowl 50. Wolfe is also a fan favorite, and while he spent his last few years on the field as a member of the Baltimore Ravens, he returned to Denver in July to retire as a Bronco.
    rest - https://www.westword.com/news/derek-...e-fan-15153680

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    When they have Merilatt on, I want to slam my head into a 2 ton slice of concrete. The guy is a friggen moron...not even a shock jock, his takes are just so stupid they can't even be considered as being made for shock value.

I liked Polumbus, seemed he was a good opposite to Dmac....but I've heard Wolfe on a few podcasts and he's friggen awesome!!! He's a fantastic follow on twitter as well.
    Listening to Wolfe on his first go round yesterday, it's pretty obvious that can't stand Elway. He should be a good listen for a while, especially while he's still close to some players in the locker room.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Don’t use the Bible and the father and prayers in vain! Grrrr
    Oh no. Our resident Tel yejudah alum just got a big mad! J/k bruv, you are accepted here. Fr. But don't be so frivolous with your word, even online like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm not really interested in breaking in a new green drive time co-host headed into week 5. What was 104.3 the fan doing during the preseason?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm not really interested in breaking in a new green drive time co-host headed into week 5. What was 104.3 the fan doing during the preseason?
    He became available, then they saw his popularity on the podcasts hw was doing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

A lot of people were speculating that he was dismissed because he jacked Stokley's phone on air and guessed the password (1414). It was really funny listening to it. But, that seems unlikely to me.

Not a fan of Ben Allbright for all the reasons you all mentioned.

I listen via podcast since I'm not local, but it's a nice way to avoid commercials. I always listen to Mike and Mark every morning--they are really good. I think Mark has the best takes of anyone on the Fan. But, my favorite guy to listen to is under the radar--Nate Jackson! Chad and Big-O not as good, but I think Nate carries that show. And then Stoke and Zach are good, but they've been irritating me a bit with Zach angry-yelling into the microphone after this bad start to the season. I probably listen to a good 5 hours of the fan each day--not healthy, but enjoyable on my walks to and from work, in my office, and drinking my morning coffee.

Adding Mase was a huge get for them as well.

I'll take ya'll up on Derek Wolff, and give him a shot. After listening to his first show, I was just so unimpressed. He didn't seem to know much about the team or the players on the team. But I'll give him another shot.
    Formerly known as 'BigAl' on the Freak

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    A lot of people were speculating that he was dismissed because he jacked Stokley's phone on air and guessed the password (1414). It was really funny listening to it. But, that seems unlikely to me.

Not a fan of Ben Allbright for all the reasons you all mentioned.

I listen via podcast since I'm not local, but it's a nice way to avoid commercials. I always listen to Mike and Mark every morning--they are really good. I think Mark has the best takes of anyone on the Fan. But, my favorite guy to listen to is under the radar--Nate Jackson! Chad and Big-O not as good, but I think Nate carries that show. And then Stoke and Zach are good, but they've been irritating me a bit with Zach angry-yelling into the microphone after this bad start to the season. I probably listen to a good 5 hours of the fan each day--not healthy, but enjoyable on my walks to and from work, in my office, and drinking my morning coffee.

Adding Mase was a huge get for them as well.

I'll take ya'll up on Derek Wolff, and give him a shot. After listening to his first show, I was just so unimpressed. He didn't seem to know much about the team or the players on the team. But I'll give him another shot.
    I have had a bit of a let down on Wolfe....he kind of comes off as a dumb meathead. That's just my opinion. Tyler was much better articulated and thoughts put together intelligently.

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I have had a bit of a let down on Wolfe....he kind of comes off as a dumb meathead. That's just my opinion. Tyler was much better articulated and thoughts put together intelligently.
    This is my exact take. I could maybe forgive his lack of radio knowledge if he had really good takes or was funny or something -- but I think he's just been terrible... He clearly doesn't really understand radio cues and when DMac is trying to tee him up to give a take. He leaves him hanging so often by giving like a one sentence answer, or just giving some non-answer like "that would be a good question for coach."

Which I think he'll get better at - but then his takes are bad on top of that... Doesn't really add any insight or nuance. Kind of like Big Al but maybe worse because he doesn't have any redeeming qualities like being a super homer with a fun laugh.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information