Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Nathaniel Hackett

3 points in the 3rd quarter for the year. Sums it up nicely.
    Maintaining a positive attitude may be difficult, but it will irritate enough people to make it worth the effort.

They're killing me Whitey! They're killing me! - Lou Saban

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived echobravo For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by echobravo View Post
    14.3 per game, it's just horrid.
    Last edited by Krugan; 10-26-2022 at 12:53 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I can't stand watching Hackett for more than 2 months, let alone 2 years.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by echobravo View Post
    What is even worse about that is that we keep deferring when winning the toss. Meaning we should be coming out of the locker room and able to run scripted plays. We still can't score even with that in our favor.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think this point is completely irrelevant to if we should have done the trade or not. Let's say Mahomes is the best QB, Herbert is the 5th best QB, and Russ is the 10th best QB (obviously he's not now, just looking from the perspective of when we did the trade what we thought he could be).

We shouldn't trade for a top 10 QB because there are two top 5 QBs in the division? That's nonsense. Give me the great QB. I'm not going to pass on a trade because there are better players than him in the division.
    That wasn't my point. I was stating that Russ didn't look to me to be on par with Mahomes and probably gets edged by Herbert. Meaning we improved our QB situation but not as much as many people thought. He is still a QB you SHOULD be able to win with, and with our schedule to this point it is inexcusable to have a losing record. That is on the bad coaching hire.

Further, it seemed our entire plan was Rogers. I was fine with that type of move as that was really a move the needle guy. Bringing his coach also seemed like a nod in that direction. When he re-signed with GB, Russ seemed almost a knee jerk move that I am not sure enough thought was put into it. Would we really have been worse off getting Baker or Jimmy G for peanuts this year and keeping our picks?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Russ hasn't played very well his last 2 weeks, however he is still a baller, The pairing is the problem. Russ has some fault here, but its the whole pairing plain and simple. Give Russ a competent HC and its a different story IMO.....dude has made plays this year we never had a chance for last year. Down a score last year with Teddy or Lock its a wrap. This year with Russ, down a score despite how off things looked you know you still have a chance with him. Player execution and talent on the OL is a problem, the coaching and situational play calling a problem, the system fit a problem....

Russ doesn't fit Hackett's system said that from the jump, however Hackett spent all offseason selling us on doing what Russ does best and we have done the exact opposite of that. Were not even running what we did in the off-season and TC. Go back and watch how many times the TE's and backs are catching big plays in TC. We very rarely in camp ran 4-5 wide a lot now its pretty much our go to. I saw tosses, sweeps, all kinds of cool things in camp videos. We haven't seen any of that our run plays are always same down into the back of a crappy interior OL for 2 yds then we throw next 3 plays looking for 15 plus yds. Its just trash situational football, player execution and coaching. Throw in injuries including to Russ and it is what it is.....

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Russ hasn't played very well his last 2 weeks, however he is still a baller, The pairing is the problem. Russ has some fault here, but its the whole pairing plain and simple. Give Russ a competent HC and its a different story IMO.....dude has made plays this year we never had a chance for last year. Down a score last year with Teddy or Lock its a wrap. This year with Russ, down a score despite how off things looked you know you still have a chance with him. Player execution and talent on the OL is a problem, the coaching and situational play calling a problem, the system fit a problem....

Russ doesn't fit Hackett's system said that from the jump, however Hackett spent all offseason selling us on doing what Russ does best and we have done the exact opposite of that. Were not even running what we did in the off-season and TC. Go back and watch how many times the TE's and backs are catching big plays in TC. We very rarely in camp ran 4-5 wide a lot now its pretty much our go to. I saw tosses, sweeps, all kinds of cool things in camp videos. We haven't seen any of that our run plays are always same down into the back of a crappy interior OL for 2 yds then we throw next 3 plays looking for 15 plus yds. Its just trash situational football, player execution and coaching. Throw in injuries including to Russ and it is what it is.....

This 1000000000 million percent!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just passing this along.

Paton believes in Hackett. https://denverfan.com/2101379/adam-s...ZOfiwMLt2IyRa4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EECF39BC-A02C-4229-9C77-D3F40B52630E.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	20934

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not criticizing you for posting this Nomad, but that statement means nothing. We see ALLLLLL the time in pro sports where a GM "totally supports" a coach publicly then fires him soon after. The fact that Paton is having to publicly defend Russ and Hackett at all is a bad sign.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

GM comes out and defends Wilson trade and Hackett hiring, imagine my shock lol. Paton might not be in a rush to get rid of Hackett before the season, but ownership might be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not exactly a ringing endorsement from Penner. My read from that "week to week" comment is that Hackett might be coaching for his job this week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Fans and Media tried running his dad out of Kansas City when he was the OC for the Chiefs. He was also a lousy play caller. The Chiefs were successful but could never advance through the playoffs. A lot of the issues was his situational play calling. it drove the fans mad.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Fans and Media tried running his dad out of Kansas City when he was the OC for the Chiefs. He was also a lousy play caller. The Chiefs were successful but could never advance through the playoffs. A lot of the issues was his situational play calling. it drove the fans mad.
    Hi Kev!!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Hi Kev!!
    What's up man! You still roaming the boards, huh? I stop in occassionally, but it's not what it used to be. I still check in though and read. Some interesting takes sometimes. I Enjoy reading them.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

24. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information