Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Nathaniel Hackett

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm not totally sold on Sean Payton being this coaching guru that everyone acts like he is. All those years with Brees and only made it to one Super Bowl. Granted I know it's hard to make it to the Super Bowl, but his level of success there didn't exactly blow me away. He's a fine enough coach, but I don't think he'd be a savior. And not that this matters as much, but the guy just skives me out on a personal level. I really hope we're not in a position where it's even in consideration that we change coaches this offseason.
    I think Payton's downfall was being unable to field a better defense. Offensively they were a juggernaut with Brees but defensively they were like the early to mid 2000 Chiefs when they had Holmes and TrINT.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I believe they were speaking in terms of the limited window with Russ.
    And thus the problem, i was just going back and forth with Coachchaz on FB about this. He believed this team was no better than 9-8 this year but the reality is Denver gave up a lot of draft capital to bring Russ in. And while Russ is younger than Rodgers would have been if he had come to Denver it doesnt give us 3-5 years to figure it all out. I said it before, you dont go and trade for Russell Wilson unless you are competing for championships and looking to get back to the playoffs. If Denver doesnt improve and make the playoffs this season will be a bust. If by chance Hackett doesnt improve than you most definitely need to cut the cord no matter how unfair people may think it will be. I would grant Hackett far more time if we still had Lock and company here, but with Russ the expectations are far higher and results need to happen sooner rather than later.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    And thus the problem, i was just going back and forth with Coachchaz on FB about this. He believed this team was no better than 9-8 this year but the reality is Denver gave up a lot of draft capital to bring Russ in. And while Russ is younger than Rodgers would have been if he had come to Denver it doesnt give us 3-5 years to figure it all out. I said it before, you dont go and trade for Russell Wilson unless you are competing for championships and looking to get back to the playoffs. If Denver doesnt improve and make the playoffs this season will be a bust. If by chance Hackett doesnt improve than you most definitely need to cut the cord no matter how unfair people may think it will be. I would grant Hackett far more time if we still had Lock and company here, but with Russ the expectations are far higher and results need to happen sooner rather than later.
    You pretty much echoed what Nate Jackson & Chad Brown were saying.

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Probably the biggest mistake unfortunately was hiring Hackett instead of a seasoned coach who simply has the experience with being a HC. Bringing in Russell with a HC who is struggling is just wasting everyone's time. As much grief as we all gave Fox he was the right man for the job when Manning came to Denver at the very least. Same with Kubiak, you just have to have a guy who understands what is going on during gameday and can understand his QB. I think Denver just got snookered again like we did when McDaniels came in only Hackett doesnt have the ego. But his inexperience is killing this team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Probably the biggest mistake unfortunately was hiring Hackett instead of a seasoned coach who simply has the experience with being a HC. Bringing in Russell with a HC who is struggling is just wasting everyone's time. As much grief as we all gave Fox he was the right man for the job when Manning came to Denver at the very least. Same with Kubiak, you just have to have a guy who understands what is going on during gameday and can understand his QB. I think Denver just got snookered again like we did when McDaniels came in only Hackett doesnt have the ego. But his inexperience is killing this team.
    I don't think I'm ready to call the hire a mistake yet. Still in wait and see mode. There are positives that when comparing weeks 1 and 2 to weeks 3 and 4 the penalties have gone way down and there haven't been any delays of game or massive game management issues. So those things are getting better. Obviously the wins need to start rolling in a little more frequently, but they at least seem to be on the right track with the glaring coaching mistakes made in the first two games.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I don't think I'm ready to call the hire a mistake yet. Still in wait and see mode. There are positives that when comparing weeks 1 and 2 to weeks 3 and 4 the penalties have gone way down and there haven't been any delays of game or massive game management issues. So those things are getting better. Obviously the wins need to start rolling in a little more frequently, but they at least seem to be on the right track with the glaring coaching mistakes made in the first two games.
    I just think its a mistake in terms of pairing a green HC with a Vet QB where the expectations are larger than what the HC can handle. Hackett may end up working out but it looks like (as of right now) it will be at the expense of wasted time with Russell as QB. I know we still have a few years but im still concerned of where we are right now in a year where our schedule simply wont get any easier.

This team does not have the talent to be a contender. When we brought in Russ, there were many people who said great now what? Too much out for 1 player when this team had extremely questionable depth and huge holes. It's all hindsight now,but we spent to much on 1guy and left holes that were unfillable this year. Thank God for capspace as this team will have to spend big to fix itself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    This team does not have the talent to be a contender. When we brought in Russ, there were many people who said great now what? Too much out for 1 player when this team had extremely questionable depth and huge holes. It's all hindsight now,but we spent to much on 1guy and left holes that were unfillable this year. Thank God for capspace as this team will have to spend big to fix itself.
    Sorry but this is nonsense. When you can get a guy at QB with his talent, you pay what it takes to get him. A great QB can carry a mediocre team to the playoffs, and once the playoffs start anything can happen. I'd rather have one Russell Wilson than 10 other players who would secure the depth and fill holes in the lineup. Even with the current hindsight we have (which is still very little) the Russ deal was 100% worth it and I'd do it again if given the chance to go back.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I just think its a mistake in terms of pairing a green HC with a Vet QB where the expectations are larger than what the HC can handle. Hackett may end up working out but it looks like (as of right now) it will be at the expense of wasted time with Russell as QB. I know we still have a few years but im still concerned of where we are right now in a year where our schedule simply wont get any easier.
    WAY too early to close the book on Hackett.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    WAY too early to close the book on Hackett.
    Hence why i said this in the post you quoted:

Hackett may end up working out

Sorry but this is nonsense. When you can get a guy at QB with his talent, you pay what it takes to get him. A great QB can carry a mediocre team to the playoffs, and once the playoffs start anything can happen. I'd rather have one Russell Wilson than 10 other players who would secure the depth and fill holes in the lineup. Even with the current hindsight we have (which is still very little) the Russ deal was 100% worth it and I'd do it again if given the chance to go back.
    Assuming that guy is who he used to be. I'm not sold we got that guy. Which is why it's not nonsense, it's a differing opinion. As we sit right now,at .500 my opinion is still quite valid. This team is and was not ready for prime time. And the price that was paid was detrimental to getting there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Hence why i said this in the post you quoted:
    I hear you.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Looking back at when manning came to town…he struggled at first….if I recall correctly. It finally took some compromise between him and Kubiac to get rolling…

Maybe…… Hacket and RW work in aspects of his system, and what Russ likes to do…hitting the same balance Kubiac/manning did

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    Looking back at when manning came to town…he struggled at first….if I recall correctly. It finally took some compromise between him and Kubiac to get rolling…

Maybe…… Hacket and RW work in aspects of his system, and what Russ likes to do…hitting the same balance Kubiac/manning did
    The difference though is that Fox and Kubes were seasoned HC's. Hackett isnt and i think that makes him the weak link right now. Even when Manning struggled early it didnt look near as bad as it has this year with Russell.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post

This is what I want to believe.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

23. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information