Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Nathaniel Hackett

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i hate changing coaches all the damn time, but i could live with rob walmart throwing a giant pile of money at sean payton. . . i like hackett and want to see him make it work, but i'll never forgive him for losing to the winless raiders and that piece of shit mcdaniels. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i hate changing coaches all the damn time, but i could live with rob walmart throwing a giant pile of money at sean payton. . . i like hackett and want to see him make it work, but i'll never forgive him for losing to the winless raiders and that piece of shit mcdaniels. . .
    Yea, ive sort of made that argument to myself about how we keep trying to find lightning in a bottle with no-name guys and it not working out. Yet, all of our success has been tied to proven NFL HC's. I would love Payton but it would probably be a very bad look to cut Hackett loose this early.

After enduring 6 years of ****-waffle play, this year will be no different. Preparedness, focus, and direction are not Hacketts strengths. Now we have to live with Patons mistake. Question is: how long will it take?

Sad this thread went from a joke to now a serious discussion…

My 2 cents… roll with Hackett. Have to give him a chance to get his system firing on all cylinders. If he can do it.

A lot of people, Players and coaches need to do better…

There is a short list of players and coaches that are actually doing their job…

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post

My 2 cents… roll with Hackett. Have to give him a chance to get his system firing on all cylinders. If he can do it.

Agreed! There needs to be more dicepline, to many penalties, missed assignments, turnovers, etc... it’s time for him to be more of a hard ass.
    And be a smarter coach at the same time.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post

It went to a serious discussion to who?? Idiots who don’t have any knowledge of the game??? Because literally nobody is even thinking about no dumb shit like this nationally or locally…… but around here you can definitely find some of the worst broncos fan’s out there. Also on social media behind dummy accounts so nobody knows the face behind the idiotic comments

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

WOW...its 4 games LMAO

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    WOW...its 4 games LMAO
    Come on man, you've been posting here for 13 years, you know the drill for this meme.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Come on man, you've been posting here for 13 years, you know the drill for this meme.
    My expectations are just different I guess.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    WOW...its 4 games LMAO
    You're right. I should have posted this when they announced he was hired.

I'll try to do better next time.

12. The Following 9 Users High Fived AgentOrange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    You're right. I should have posted this when they announced he was hired.

I'll try to do better next time.
    I mentioned 4 games your post was done far before that. Therefore the implication is not at your post but at some of the mockery on the board about actually firing Hackett outside the scope of your fire threads.....

However on a side note your correct, it should get done the moment they are hired

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I was listening to Stink & Evans talk to Joel Klatt this morning. They’re all on board with giving Payton a call by December if Hackett is still struggling. They brought up the point Wilson is struggling with Hackett’s scheme & will have to adjust like Drew Brees did, and if Russ continues to be Russ, he’ll more than likely be injured most of the time retired by 37. What better coach than Sean Payton. The key is Payton has to want to be in Denver.

Let’s just hope Broncos continue to grow and Hackett turns out to be a great HC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'd rather have a guy that struggles a bit out of the gate, and then turns it on after a bit, than someone who wins the first few games then tanks.

I do have confidence Hackett will turn things around.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm not totally sold on Sean Payton being this coaching guru that everyone acts like he is. All those years with Brees and only made it to one Super Bowl. Granted I know it's hard to make it to the Super Bowl, but his level of success there didn't exactly blow me away. He's a fine enough coach, but I don't think he'd be a savior. And not that this matters as much, but the guy just skives me out on a personal level. I really hope we're not in a position where it's even in consideration that we change coaches this offseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'd rather have a guy that struggles a bit out of the gate, and then turns it on after a bit, than someone who wins the first few games then tanks.

I do have confidence Hackett will turn things around.
    I believe they were speaking in terms of the limited window with Russ. I know it’s growing pains for this offense and the flaws are obvious. They were speaking how Payton helped Brees adjust his game due to many factors one being height. Wilson can’t keep dropping and running.

We’re just impatient as Broncos fans because of the Broncos being mediocre the last 6 yrs.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information