Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 3: 49ers week

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I hate it for Dave to come all that way just to watch Denver get their shit pushed in. Hope I’m wrong.
    he's tough, he'll be okay. . . so will the donkeys
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I hate it for Dave to come all that way just to watch Denver get their shit pushed in. Hope I’m wrong.
    Are you kidding? Dave would LOVE to watch someone get their shit pushed in! That's Dave's #1 pickup line in a bar, "Can I push in your stool?"

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

From NFL.com

The home Broncos shouldn't be the underdog in this, at least not on paper. They certainly wouldn't be if we'd viewed this game before the season kicked off. But Nathaniel Hackett's rough start to his head-coaching career has made the Broncos a tough sell, with the masses poised to pop on Denver games to see when Hackett's next blunder will arrive.

Denver has struggled mightily in goal-to-go situations, failing to produce a single touchdown in its first five trips inside the opponent's 10-yard line. That ties the 2007 Falcons and 2001 Lions for the longest such streak to start a season in the past 30 years. Side note: That Atlanta team went 4-12, while the Detroit crew finished at 2-14. That said, those teams didn't have Russell Wilson at quarterback. The star is no Joey Harrington ('07 Falcons) or Charlie Batch/Ty Detmer ('01 Lions). And for this reason more than any other, I believe the Broncos will iron out their issues, starting on Sunday.

Jimmy Garoppolo is back in the lineup. His completion percentage, yards per attempt and passer rating since 2021 are all superior to Trey Lance's marks, though the veteran obviously lacks the running ability of his younger cohort. I expect the 49ers to feel mighty comfortable with Garoppolo, but they'll also be staring at a shorter ceiling.

Am I confident in Hackett? Not in the slightest. But I believe in Wilson and Co. It's time for Broncos Country to truly ride.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    From NFL.com

The home Broncos shouldn't be the underdog in this, at least not on paper. They certainly wouldn't be if we'd viewed this game before the season kicked off. But Nathaniel Hackett's rough start to his head-coaching career has made the Broncos a tough sell, with the masses poised to pop on Denver games to see when Hackett's next blunder will arrive.

Denver has struggled mightily in goal-to-go situations, failing to produce a single touchdown in its first five trips inside the opponent's 10-yard line. That ties the 2007 Falcons and 2001 Lions for the longest such streak to start a season in the past 30 years. Side note: That Atlanta team went 4-12, while the Detroit crew finished at 2-14. That said, those teams didn't have Russell Wilson at quarterback. The star is no Joey Harrington ('07 Falcons) or Charlie Batch/Ty Detmer ('01 Lions). And for this reason more than any other, I believe the Broncos will iron out their issues, starting on Sunday.

Jimmy Garoppolo is back in the lineup. His completion percentage, yards per attempt and passer rating since 2021 are all superior to Trey Lance's marks, though the veteran obviously lacks the running ability of his younger cohort. I expect the 49ers to feel mighty comfortable with Garoppolo, but they'll also be staring at a shorter ceiling.

Am I confident in Hackett? Not in the slightest. But I believe in Wilson and Co. It's time for Broncos Country to truly ride.
    I think this is a classic case of groupthink and a single narrative that has taken hold and blinded people from reality nationally.

The vegas line is probably more reflective of the fact that their week 3 QB has appeared in 2 out of the last 3 NFC Championship games than it is about Hackett.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think this is a classic case of groupthink and a single narrative that has taken hold and blinded people from reality nationally.

The vegas line is probably more reflective of the fact that their week 3 QB has appeared in 2 out of the last 3 NFC Championship games than it is about Hackett.
    I don't think Denver should ever be an underdog in an early season home game against a relatively evenly matched (in theory) team. Betting on Denver to cover in September at home is usually a pretty good bet. I get Jimmy G giving Vegas more confidence in the 9ers, but on the other hand they literally couldn't give the guy away this offseason. I like the Broncos in this spot.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Booooooooooooooo

12. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This would be a great week for Hamler to show any of that potential we've been waiting on for a couple of years now.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Jimmy G throwing 20 times over the middle to slots, hots, and TEs against a backup safety and Singleton is not going to be pretty.
    That would work if we didn’t have two good back ho safeties

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    If they utilize the backs properly and screen game yes, that will open things up for Hamler, Hinton and Sutton. Saubert was the best TE all off-season they should feed him as well. Albert O should stay on the bench where he belongs.
    What? A.O was making plays week 1 and made a couple last week. Dude is primed for a breakout game himself.

Also looking forward to hamlers return baby!!!!!! I got a feeling this is the game that he takes off in and gains 100 percent of his confidence back and puts up some great stat’s. I’m seeing something along the lines of 8 catches 169 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    What? A.O was making plays week 1 and made a couple last week. Dude is primed for a breakout game himself.
    San Fran is a top 5 defense.

Break out games rarely come in games like this, especially for a struggling TE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Anyway, leaving JH's fantasy realm and returning to reality, good news on the injury front today. Meinerz, PS2, and Jones all back at practice today. Would be great to have them all back this week.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information